PURPLE AND RED IN SPLIT CITY, CROATIA

Summer is here. My 38th Summer. 
Sometimes I wonderful how the years just seem to fly by. 
At other times, I feel like I have lived  not one but at least a hundred lives. 
Sometimes I feel like I'm at least 3800 years old.  
Not in a bad way.
Not entirely anyway.

What do I feel this Summer? 
How do I feel?
Bittersweet.
It's a bittersweet Summer.
Everything has been bittersweet since Spring 2020.
Everything has felt uncertain and unpredictable. 
So uncertain that I feel no need to comment or elaborate on it.
Let's focus on the sweet, then.
Split city as beautiful as ever.
A living magic, always changing and evolving.
A pearl of the Mediterranean.
A spirit that still lives.
A place that will always feel like home.
A city that is my home.







 How are you doing? I'm trying to make the most out of my unpaid leave. I've taken a few days to just relax and unwind. My plans for the Summer are still undefined. Who knows where summer is going to take me? 








Split has inspired many of my paintings. If you want a closer look, follow one of the links below. 







MORE POSTS ABOUT SPLIT CITY-  SPLIT CITY GUIDE: SPLIT AIRPORT 2023

DO YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OF SPLIT CITY?


SOME OF YOU MIGHT REMEMBER THAT I HAVE: 
A) VISITED THIS PLACE BEFORE (READ HERE- HISTORICAL FORTRESS KLIS NEAR SPLIT)
I have visited this place and blogged about it last year as well. Naturally, I visited it in passing a few times in the past. Before the new road was build, you had to drive near Klis fortress to get to Split. I remember my parents would stop their car to enjoy the view a couple of times when I was a kid.  However, it is only in the recent years that I decided to explore this fortress more. I enjoyed the exploring very much as you can see. 
B) ILLUSTRATED THE OUTFIT I WORE FOR THAT VISIT (SEE MORE HERE)The medium for this fashion illustration is watercolour pencils and ballpoint pen on paper. The art brands (watercolour pencils and sketch-block) used are the same as in this postYou can buy most of my fashion illustrations here: IvanaKada.redbubble.com
C) AGAIN WORN THE SAME LONG SCARF AS A BELT (HERE





When all is said and done, what I'm most grateful for are the people. I've been fortunate to know some wonderful people in my life. True friendship is perhaps the most sweet thing in the bitterness called life.

Here is a bit more sweetness captured with my husband's camera. Sweetness is a form of a perfect tuna steak. 



I don't feel blue. I don't see red either.
What I feel is a mixture of red and blue.
A mix of melancholy and energy, sadness and hope.
I feel purple.

 THE STORY OF MY OUTFIT 

I'm wearing a floral skirt by Ozz brand. SEE how I styled it here and here.

Ozz is a local brand founded and run by fashion designer Stanka Zovko.
If you want to see more outfits featuring items from this brand, you're welcome to check the links below. 

I'm also wearing a red long sleeved t-shirt, a pair of tropical print sandals, a mini bag and a second hand scarf.



Have a nice day! And....don' forget to stop and smell the roses or other flowers.



NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A SCARF



















THANK YOU for visiting this little digital place to call my own.
 

Comments

  1. Beautifully written, Ivana, and I'm completely with you on Summer - and life in general - being bittersweet lately. Thank you for the sweetness, and the exquisite outfit captured by your husband! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very poetic - loved it. Good to see you, looking so radiant. Red and purple is an awesome colour combination. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es una bella ciudad . Me encanta la ultima foto. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es una bella ciudad . Me encanta la ultima foto. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for those beautiful words! I'm totally with you, in many ways. Ageing, years, time... are strange things. I also think a lot of things have changed so dramatically in the last years. Do I feel depressive? Sad? Happy? Relaxed? Angry? Helpless? I don't know... It's a mixture... as you say. let's enjoy summer! You look beautiful in your reds, blues and purples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ivana, hope you're having a lovely summer so far!

    I love the way you put down in words these beautiful feelings, some of them are bitersweet but they are also part of life and the worlds has changed a lot in recent years and that clearly has an impact in us. I think the most important part is to try to enjoy the beautiful things in the process, such as the fashion (which is always wondeful) or those nice allium flowers.

    I like how colorful these looks are! Sending you a big hug and thanks for your constant support! Happy to spot a new blog post :)

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ivana,
    Congratulations on your 38 years even if late, sorry!
    It's always good to go back to where we were happy. I recently saw photos of Split and it is indeed a wonderful city! Lilac is one of my favorite colors of the moment, you made a color combination a little unusual but that worked well. Stay happy and sweet!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The Heart of a Woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

VISIT MALTA WITH IVANA- HIKING TALES- THE CLIFFS (PART ONE)

VISIT STOBREČ WITH ME (CROATIA)+ WIW FOR A FAMILY DINNER

30+ WAYS TO STYLE A PAIR OF JEANS: SUSTAINABLE FASHION

DAMEN KAPRIC, ANKICA TOPIĆ (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEWS: EDEN AND THE INVINCIBLE, TWO FABULOUS NOVELS BY STANISLAW LEM

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Friday Fashion Illustration: Fantasy Vibes

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI