TRAVEL WITH MY ART, PALERMO (SICILY)

 With so many people in lockdown and unable to travel, I thought it might be fun to do some art travel. I will take you places with my paintings and art. Maybe it will even become a regular feature on my blog. This is a painting I made more than a year ago but I haven't posted it before. It depicts a beach scene in Palermo, Sicily. As in many of my paintings, the attention is on traditional fishing boats. A very long time ago, I lived and worked on this magical island. Maybe I will write more about it some day. Today post will be short because I'm really low on energy. My iron levels are always low but right now they are lower then usual and I'm feeling it. Scroll down to see the progress and the details. 




SICILIA, PALERMO-DETAILS
I made this painting based on a photograph a friend sent to me while he was visiting Sicily. If I remember correctly, the photograph was taken somewhere in Palermo. The medium is acrylics on cardboard. More specifically, I painted this landscape on food packaging with acrylics. I sometimes recycle cardboard lasagna or pasta packaging by painting on it. Acrylic paints will stick to anything so you can get creative with your painting surfaces. This is especially the case when it comes to art & crafts. That is probably why acrylic paints are so popular when it comes to DIY projects of all sorts. I used them for art &crafts a lot, especially when it comes to upcyling and recycling. Do you remember this post where I turned an used plastic shampoo bottle into a vase? Naturally, when it comes to creating paintings with acrylics, it is best to use quality paper made specifically for acrylic paints but sometimes you can get with improvisations. This painting is available in a print form in my Redbubble shop. 




Thank you for reading and visiting!

Comments

  1. Wonderful :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your arts are magic! I really like that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joj, koliko su lepe slike! I ono što si naslikala i fotografije, volim slikarstvo! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just really made this come to life Ivana. I love how you reuse things the way you do...it's so inspirational.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermosos bocetos espero que te mejores te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a holiday in a warm country! Only wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ivana slike su predivne. Jako mi se sviđaju boje i kako si se poigrala s njima u stvaranju ovih divnih slika. Oduševljena sam.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/face-cleansers-exfoliators.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the landscape and the sea and the boats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I like your style of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slap It On Think - Be Well This Week

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is absolutely stunning, Ivana. I also love how you are using food packaging as a canvas. And why not? Last, but not least, I would love to hear about your year on the island one day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to visit Palermo so rally appreciate the virtual visit through your wonderful art! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Ivana! Loved traveling through your art to warm and cultural places.
    This gives us hope that soon we'll all be able to travel freely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Ivana,
    I'm curious to know more stories from when you lived in Sicily!
    Once again wonderful art!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a marvelous idea for a series especially since many people can't travel right now. Traveling virtually through artwork makes for a wonderful substitute. I feel as if I am on the beach in Palermo with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that reminds me so much of Cinque Terre! Your impressionistic style here conveys the shimmer of the heat of the day. I can practically hear the gulls and see the cats weaving in and out of the buildings and boats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always, it's really a treat to see your paintings! The travel with art feature sounds like a fun thing to do and I hope to see more! Please do load up on your iron through food you enjoy. Iron deficiency is no fun at all. I get especially depleted during the time of the month and will get headaches if I'm not loading up on the right food. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).