TRAVEL WITH MY ART #27: MALA STINIVA BAY IN SUMMER (ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA)

 Hello dear readers and blogging colleagues! Time for another 'Travel With My Art' post. Regular readers of my blog know this is a regular art feature on this (digital) place to call my own. I basically created it to post art inspired by places I visit. It is a fun way to travel (digitally) with the help of my art. In this post, I shall share a drawing of Mala Stiniva bay (island Hvar, Croatia) with you. 

The medium is watercolour pencils on mixed media paper. I used watercolour pencils to drew this seascape, but this time I didn't add water. My husband liked the way it looked, so it has remained a drawing for now.  I have even framed it and all. However, I might change my mind and add water eventually. Alternatively, I might just paint another version of this Mala Stiniva illustration. I think this landscape would look fantastic painted with acrylic paints. Maybe you have noticed that I prefer painting to drawing?

HR

Pozdrav dragi čitatelji i kolege blogeri! Vrijeme je za još jednu objavu "Putuj s mojom umjetnošću". Redoviti čitatelji moga bloga znaju da je ovo uobičajena umjetnička rubrika na ovom (digitalnom) mjestu koje mogu nazvati svojim. U osnovi sam ga stvorila kako bi objavljivala umjetnost inspiriranu mjestima koja posjećujem. To je zabavan način putovanja (digitalno) uz pomoć moje umjetnosti. U ovom postu s vama ću podijeliti crtež uvale Mala Stiniva (otok Hvar, Hrvatska).

Medij su akvarel olovke na višenamjenskom papiru. Akvarel olovkama sam nacrtala ovaj morski pejzaž, ali ovaj put nisam dodavala vodu. Mom mužu se svidjelo kako izgleda, pa je za sada ostao crtež. Čak sam ga i uokvirila i sve to. Međutim, možda ću se predomisliti i na kraju dodati vode. No, mogla bih i samo naslikati drugu verziju ove ilustracije Male Stinive. Mislim da bi ovaj krajolik izgledao fantastično oslikan akrilnim bojama. Možda ste primijetili da više volim slikati nego crtati?


THE MAKING OF 'MALA STINIVA IN SUMMER DRAWING' - I used my husband's photograph as a reference. You may see it above in the collage as well as on the photograph below (the first one in a row.) I don't have much to say about the art process. Drawing with watercolour pencils isn't much different than drawing with regular coloured pencils. The difference in the process depends on how much water to you plan to add. With this landscape, I planned on adding a bit of water. As I explained, I ended up not adding any water at all. If I had known that my husband would like it more as a drawing, I would have used regular coloured pencils and not watercolour pencils. However, I think the process would have been the same. 

IZRADA CRTEŽA 'MALA STINIVA U LJETI' - Kao referencu koristila sam suprugovu fotografiju. Možete ju vidjeti gore u kolažu kao i na donjoj fotografiji (prva u nizu). Nemam puno za reći o umjetničkom procesu. Crtanje akvarel olovkama ne razlikuje se puno od crtanja običnim bojicama.  Razlika u procesu ovisi o tome koliko vode namjeravate dodati. Uz ovaj krajolik planirala sam dodati malo vode. Kao što sam objasnila, na kraju uopće nisam dodavala vodu. Da sam znala da će se mom mužu više svidjeti kao crtež, koristila bih obične olovke u boji, a ne akvarel olovke. No, mislim da bi proces opet bio isti. 



A FEW COLLAGES WITH MORE ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY CAPTURING THE BEAUTY OF  MALA STINIVA BAY ON ISLAND HVAR- I'm trying to reduce the number of photographs in my posts by creating collages. Hopefully, this makes my posts more reader friendly and fastr/easier to load. Sometimes it is hard to avoid a lot of photographs, especially when a post is supposed to be more 'visual', but since I have posted about this place before, I think these collages can do the trick. You can always click on old posts if you want to see more. As you might remember, I visited Mala Stiniva a number of times and blogger about it. In addition, this is the third appearance of this location in 'Travel With My Art' series!

NEKOLIKO KOLAŽA S VIŠE SLIKA I FOTOGRAFIJA KOJI HVATAJU LJEPOTU UVALE MALA STINIVA NA OTOKU HVARU - Pokušavam smanjiti broj fotografija u svojim objavama stvaranjem kolaža. Nadam se da će to moje objave učiniti lakšim i bržim za čitanje i učitavanje. Ponekad je teško izbjeći puno fotografija, pogotovo kada bi post trebao biti više 'vizualni', ali budući da sam već pisala o ovom mjestu, mislim da ovi kolaži mogu napraviti što treba. Uvijek možete kliknuti na stare postove ako želite vidjeti više. Kao što se sjećate, Malu Stinivu sam posjetila nekoliko puta i objavljivala o tome. Osim toga, ovo je treće pojavljivanje ove lokacije u seriji putovanja s mojom umjetnošću.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE of my travel art, you may visit my FULL 2021 TRAVEL WITH MY ART RECAP! The places I have illustrated so far are: 

Comments

  1. Hi
    Your posts always have a lot of literary and graphic quality! And on top of that they are even more enriched with your art! I'm also like you, I prefer your paintings to your drawings, and I know why, because of colors I'm in love with colors!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich With Colors - Lovely Couples Photo There - Sending Love & Light

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely landscape piece. I like how it feels vibrant and serene at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cute photos darling
    Good art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for an art, I like how it turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this series, this illustration came out great. I would love to try water color pencils one day. And really like seeing the pix with you with your husband!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adoro tus cuadros el primero esta muy lindo . pero mis preferidos son los del mar. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great and loving your outfit. And the picture of you and your husband <3 <3 gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing! Such great landscape art! Looking dazzling too..with the updo and suit! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you so much for showing the process of this artwork! Adoring your outfit too. So great how you two work together! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your drawing of Mala Stiniva bay, Ivana! I always enjoy visiting your blog! Looking forward to reading your next post ... and watching other drawings and paintings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your smile is beautiful
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I follow your blog and leave a comment on the post. Follow back and leave comment on last post.   Thank you! 
    Great post!
    https://sarapokorni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I understand why your husband loved your drawing so much. It is magnificent in its simplicity, if you know what I mean. I would definitely keep it like this an make a different one if you want to add water to it. I also think you are looking absolutely fabulous in your all-black outfit and your hair is gorgeous pleated on top of your head. I hope you are well and having a good week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I will make a different version that will be more aquarelle.

      Delete
  15. It's a fantastic piece of art, so much movement in that water!
    I love your all-black outfit, updo and black eyeliner, you look like a rock star! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:). I'm not used to wearing so much black but I'm making an effort.

      Delete
  16. I know I've said it before, but your talent is so fabulous Ivana. I love how you have framed it and even included your hubby.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post very rich, and nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was all ready to start gushing about your pencil crayon drawing and then I got to your outfit! Wow, you are looking like an A-Plus Boss Lady, Ivana! Love the trousers and that pretty choker (another creation of yours?).

    Lovely drawing - I like how your technique in painting waves translates to a different medium.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE IT!!! Wonderful drawing Ivana , and your husband was right, water and paint brushes not needed on this one. It is perfect just as it is. Lulu xXx
    P.S. I agree with Vix - you look like a rock star :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the pencil illustration! You have captured the details really nicely. You also look really glamorous in your beautiful black outfit. Your hair looks amazing too! I meant to say as well, in the last post, I loved the pictures of you and your husband together! You look really comfortable and happy together.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

HOW TO STYLE A YELLOW BLAZER FOR SPRING? A FEMININE OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

SUĆURAJ ON ISLAND HVAR : WELCOME SPRING!

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Darkness and Light / Tama i svijetlo

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

Metković (outfit post/ odjevna objava)