A MATCHING TEA GREEN SET FROM DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO

Hello dear readers! How are you doing? Today I'll show you different ways to style a tea green matching set from designer Stanka Zovko. I purchased this adorable tea green set yesterday and I liked it so much I wore it twice already.  I will tell you all about how I came to buy it in a minute. I actually have to thank my husband for it. Last week was a bit crazy (and not always in a good way), so my husband decided to treat me with a shopping date. He took me Ozz store in Mostar. Ozz is a local brand owned and run by designer Stanka Zovko. You might remember Ozz fashion brand from my previous posts. I posted about some of Stanka Zovko's fashion shows I attended in the past (March 2013 & October 2013). Stanka Zovko's designs are always wonderfully imaginative, creative and unique. Whenever I visit her Ozz shop I feel inspired.  I'm always amazed by the things she comes up with.  Moreover, I took a fashion design and sewing class with Stanka Zovko back in 2018 (read more here). I feel I really learned a lot from her. Bellow are her social media links in case you want to check them out. STANKA ZOVKO FACEBOOK     OZZ FASHION BRAND INSTAGRAM GOOGLE MAP SHOP


My husband and Stanka were in same high school class, so they go a long way back. We ran into Stanka this Friday (after out hastily return to Mostar) and she told us there is a half price discount every Friday. The OZZ shop was already closed when we met that night, but my husband asked her whether the Ozz shop will be open  Saturday morning and that was a date.  You know that I love to shop my closet, but sometimes I do buy something new. When I do that, I love to support local designers and artisans. I'm not on any shopping ban at the moment, so why not? I have to admit that this shopping therapy my husband envisioned worked. We had a lovely time in Ozz shop. Besides this matching set, we also purchased another polka dot matching set that I cannot wait to show you...and that is not all. I'm a proud owner of a few more items from this designer. I will show all of them to you soon, but first let's talk about this tea green set. I don't remember when I liked an item of clothing as much. This set was the first thing I tried on in the shop. The pants were a bit big so the designer took measurements and sewed it for me the same day. The blouse is a bit big on me as well, but I like it that way. I think a bit of space is just what you need in a summer blouse. Plus,  I love the ruffles on this blouse. This set is so comfortable to wear!

THE TEA GREEN MATCHING SET 
I checked the colour table and I believe the proper name for this matching set is tea green. I'm tempted to call it pistachio, but it seems a bit paler than the typical pistachio shade of green. What do you guys think? It's a very pale green so I think tea green is the correct shade name. The lightness of this colour was what initially attracted me to this set. It is no secret that light colours are a great choice for the summer. Once it gets hot, it makes sense to go light. In other words, opting for pastels and lighter, paler versions of your favourite colours is a pretty good idea. I love vibrant colours, but I feel drawn to pastels and light shades as well. 

You know, I always loved sets. They are great because you can wear them as separates or together. They can look so polished when worn together. There is something very attractive about matching sets. It must be a part of reason why I like suits. I admit that I prefer skirt and top/ blazer combination when it comes to suits and sets, but I also like a nice set with pants.  I was happy when matching sets and suits returned to fashion, but I hesitated to buy a matching set simply because finding a quality and affordable set can be tricky. So, I shopped my closet and waited for the perfect matching set to cross my way. Like magic, it happened. I found not one but two affordable matching sets I have fallen in love with and both from a designer I love. It's a win win situation you might say. 
OUTFIT IDEA #1: WITH ORANGE HEELS AND COLOURFUL BRACELETS
These photographs were taken on my balcony yesterday just before I went out on a date night with my husband. I actually opted for a pair of leopard heels instead of this pair of orange platform heels just because the leopard ones have a block heel- and we ended up walking 6000 steps that night- so that was the right thing to do. A low heel would have been an even better option, but I do have the soft spot for a higher heel. 

TEA GREEN SET- STANKA ZOVKO, OZZ BRAND
ORANGE HEELS- OLD (NOT BRANDED) last worn here
BRACELETS- GIFTS (I don't know the brand of any of these as they were all gifts.)
THE  SELENA KUHL GREEN PLASTIC BRACELET - This green one is from a giveaway I won years ago hosted by Kizzy Dainty Doll House blog, DESIGNER SELENA KUHL. See how I wore it here)
MINI BAG- BORSA (LOCAL STORE)




OUTFIT IDEA #2: WITH A SECOND HAND GREEN SHIRT FROM BENETTON  (worn HERE) AND GOLDEN SANDALS
When I put this pair of trousers on again this morning, I remembered that I have a green striped shirt from Benetton that would look cool with it, so I put it on and asked hubby to snap a photograph. I actually like this combination and I plan to wear it one of these days. What do you guys think? 


OUTFIT IDEA #4: WITH GOLDEN SANDALS AND A STRAW BAG
Bellow is another outfit idea snapped today, this time wearing the set together again. Here I'm wearing my straw bag and the same gold sandals as in the outfit idea above. I didn't actually wear this outfit outside yet but I might. What do you think? I think these light golden sandals look lovely with this light green shade. It's all about light shades in the summer. 



OUTFIT IDEA #4: WITH A FLORAL BLOUSE AND GOLDEN SANDALS
Bellow is another outfit idea I had earlier today. This ruffled floral shirt is one of most worn shirts in my closet. I think it is a great match for this pair of trousers. What do you guys think? 

OUTFIT IDEA #5: WITH A YELLOW T-SHIRT, TROPICAL PRINT SANDALS & STRAW ACCESSORIES-  Bellow is an outfit I wore to buy groceries this morning. I say morning but it was almost 11 am by the time I got to the store. You can see I look a bit dazed in these shots and the reason is the hot sun. I wore this yellow t-shirt tucked in but my husband suggested I wear it over the trousers. Hence, the dilemma. 
TO TUCK THE YELLOW T-SHIRT IN OR NOT? 
Anyway, when I went to the store I ran into people we know in a cafe. I went home to fetch my husband and returned to the cafe with him, where we ended up having coffee and ice-cream. A nice way to spend Sunday morning. So, I could say this outfit served me well. I was very comfortable in it, but at the same time put together. I don't like to wear make up, but apart from that I'm a typical Mediterranean or Central European woman. I do dress up every time I step foot outside my home. You never know who you can run into- and I do it for myself. I love dressing up, it's fun. For me dressing up is all picking clothes you feel great in. It doesn't have to be high heels and elaborative fashion items, it can be something more casual but with chic accessories that make you feel and look polished. 



Five outfit ideas for a set I bought yesterday- and two outfits I actually worn for longer periods of time.

WHAT STYLING IDEA DO YOU LIKE THE MOST? 

 


Thank you so much for visiting and/or commenting. Happy Sunday everyone!

Comments

  1. What a fun set! you've styled it so well together and as separates too! I really like that tea green shade on you and it's wonderful the designer could sew the pants to fit - great service! :)

    Hope had a lovely weekend :) We had a day out in the city yesterday with the kids enjoying the warmer weather :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful outfit and the trousers are versatile wearing them with other things :-D You look amazing in green and the orange heels look great with this set :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have been loving sets lately too Ivana, and this one is just fabulous. I think that light green will be so versatile as you've already shown!!
    And I do think those orange shoes with it are amazing!! I bet the leopard ones were too.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es una buena forma de combinar el color verde. Te mando un beso, adoro tus zapatos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous co-ord (as the kids call them over here!) I'd call that pale green pistachio, too. It's a wonderful colour on you and the trousers fit to perfection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the orange shoes with the outfit! Lovely pieces indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful outfit! So charming and can be part of other pieces too. Wonderful how you dressed it up and down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful two-piece. I can see why you were attracted to it. The ruffles on the top are delightful, and that pale green colour is delightful. It would be far too pale for me but looks absolutely stunning on your. You've already shown its versatility here. That's the thing with a two-piece, there are so many styling opportunities, both together and apart! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute set, and good for you for supporting a local artist/designer! That's the kind of retail I can support. I like this colour on you (it's a terrible colour for me!), and I like the trousers better than the top, which feels a little fussy with all the ruffles. I am looking forward to seeing the top paired with something else - maybe a full skirt? I feel like the top needs to be tucked in.

    Hope you had a good weekend, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ivana, so nice to see another great OOTD by you!

    I have to say this sage/ mint tea green is one of my favorite colors, not only at the moment but also in life. My house has a lot of things in this tone and it makes me so happy.

    As you I also have a mint green suit, so I am excited to wear it during fall (right now it is too hot in Spain). As you well mentioned the cool stuff about this coordinated sets is that you have many possibilities to wear the outfit: in the same occassion or with separate pieces. I'd say the first proposal with the orange shoes is my favorite since the contrast is so powerful!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Pablo. If we ever do meet, we have both wear our mint green suit so we can match.:) Yes, the orange contrast is fun, isn't it?

      Delete
  11. I now want to see outfits with just the top! ;-)
    I really like the 2 piece- it look so soft and comfortable and I agree about how chic and put together having 2 matching pieces is. The light colour is different and attractive and the ruffles are really cute.
    I like the 5th permetation of the outfit best- it looks really stylish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE