SPLIT CITY SPRING STYLE

Hello readers! How have you been? I'm feeling really under the weather these days. I know it's not the virus, because you have to get tested to cross the border. I did just that because I had to come to Croatia to take care of some things. At the moment I'm in Split city, Croatia and as some of you may know it's my hometown. What a beautiful and inspiring place Split city is, full of history and culture. I blogged about it many times, so I'm sure regular readers of my blog are quite familiar with it. Halfway through this post, I'll leave you with some links with my older posts in care you want to do some research. Apart from that, this will be another outfit post. My outfit was practical and all about being comfortable for a long walk.  A white tunics (with blue details) layered under a beige maxi skirt and black heeled ankle boots. Once again, I shopped my closet. We didn't exactly do sight-seeing, we were just taking care of some paper work. However, whenever  you walk through Split, it feels like sight-seeing anyway, since there is so much history everyone around you.
THE CATHEDRAL OF SAINT DOMNIUS: THE OLDEST CATHEDRAL 'TO BE USED IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM' IN THE WORLD-  Funny thing is that this cathedral was originally a mausoleum of Roman emperor Diocletian  but early Christians had other ideas.  The patron saint Domnius was one of the martyrs supposedly killed by Diocletian. Strictly speaking, the church is devoted to the Virgin Mary and the tower to saint Domnius, but people tend to call it 'saint Domnius'. The cathedral's tower  was build much later, but that is still worthy of a visit and a climb, that offers a magnificent panoramic view of the city.



PERISTYLE- THE CENTRE OF CITY LIFE-  The main square of Roman times is located immediately next to the cathedral that  started its long life as a mausoleum of emperor Diocletian.  That makes perfect sense, if you think about it. The purpose of the square was to be the centre of social and religious life. This is where the emperor Diocletian would appear before his folk to be celebrated as the living son of Jupiter. 





MORE LINKS ABOUT SPLIT CITY

The main city's square- NARODNI TRG PJAZA (PEOPLE'S SQUARE)- This square was formed in the 13th century. During its long life, this square saw some changes and it even changed a few names. It started its rather long life as a square of saint Lawrence, because in the past a church devoted to this saint was located here. The main city's square  attractions include a Gothic sun clock, a Renaissance palace Karepich (Karepić) from 16 century, palace Cambi, palace Pavlovich (Pavlović),  a late Romanesque palace from Korchula's lord Ćubrian Žaninović and many other historical buildings




As always, thank you for reading and visiting! Have a nice day and take care.

Comments

  1. Aww, the pictures are gorgeous. I'd love to visit these places. I hope you are going to feel better soon, sending virtual hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking beautiful as always !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Love the title to the post. Such beautiful streets to walk. Love the idea of the tunic and the skirt. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome walk around Split City! Such a rich history! Beautiful skirt and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such Lovely Rich History - These Photos Are Amazing - It Is A Rather Difficult Feat To Capture All The Unique Colors Without Blowing Out The White Stones - Well Done - And That First Photograph Is My Favorite For Sure - Enjoy Your Weekend - Big Hugs

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a stunning place! I have to make it over to that part of the world one day.

    Love your pleated skirt - so pretty!

    Have a good week, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I hope you feel better now! I loved doing this walk with you through Split with, it's a fascinating city so full of History and stories to tell! I love your pleated skirt !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these stunning photos of your hometown. I'm loving your outfit too, especially that pleated skirt. I could do with some of that sunshine, please send some of it to Belgium :-) I do hope you're feeling better in the meantime Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you Ann. I wish I could send some sunshine to you!

      Delete
  9. It's such a beautiful city Ivana, and I really appreciate that you take us along with you. I hope you're feeling better and sending lots of healing thoughts!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. It's good that it's not the virus. I hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy your time back in Split.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful historic place! Also, love the way you styled this pleated skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindo lugar y como siempre estas muy guapa y elegante. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the blue and white top with the pleated skirt! :) sorry to hear you have been unwell though - it's good it's not the virus but still it's not fun being sick! Hope you are able to rest and recover :)

    Hope you are having a nice week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first photo is incredible, worthy of a fashion magazine shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very nice Look Ivana. And wonderful weather. Split City seams beautuful.

    xoxo Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ivana, happy to see a new blog post on Moda Odaradosti!

    I am sorry to read that you felt a little bad, but I hope it is not the virus! Anyway it is always nice to come back to your beloved hometown and enjoy a few days surrounded by the things you were used to, anyway I hope you manage to fix all the duties. Good luck!

    Now talking about the place it looks really impressive! Split is on top of my bucket list and I wouldn't mind to visit the city soon! This city reminds me of those places with a deep story in every corner, really a place for exploring and get lost around the narrow alleys!

    And you picked up the perfect outfit to stroll around Split Ivana :D! I loved the combination of that skirt with the shiny boots!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I have been wearing these boots a lot lately.

      Delete
  17. Draga Ivana, za početak moram reći da izgledaš predivno i jako mi se sviđa tvoj outfit. Kada gledam tvoje fotografije one mi vraćaju uspomene kada sam prije nekoliko godina bila u Splitu i obilazila ista mjesta. Nažalost ove godine opet neću moći doći do Hrvatske tako da će mi tvoje fotografije i postovi biti kao mali izlet na Hrvatsku obalu.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Autfit je prelijep i odlično ti stoji. Split je divan grad, koji mi se mnogo dopada i nadam se da ću ga nekad posjetiti. Sjajan post. <3

    sweet-dreams-14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti Anđela. Split je stvarno divan. Ima toliko toga za vidjeti.

      Delete
  19. Hello dear!
    you have a fantastic blog. really, the posts are interesting and inspiring.
    lovely photos. really beautiful! I like your outfit very much, this skirt is wonderful :)
    I'd like to stay in touch. Maybe you will agree to follow for follow? It would be wonderful!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Ivana,
    Split is absolutely worth seeing - but so are YOU! Very chic again, your outfit - and already so summery. Here it was far too cool for sleeveless clothing on most days in May ...
    Happy weekend,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/05/winter-und-sommer-im-mai.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).