TRAVEL WITH MY ART (CROATIA): #24: ŽNANJ / #25 ZAVALA (HVAR) / #26 JELSA

 Hello! Time for another TRAVEL WITH MY ART FEATURE. This one is going to be a bit different because I'm going to share three paintings instead of one. So, it will be twenty-fourth, twenty- fifth and twenty-sixth post in this category all rolled into one. Moreover, since these three paintings all focus on different locations, we'll be travelling (with my art) to different places. Nevertheless, we won't exactly venture into the unknown as all of the locations we're going to visit are in Croatia. So far I have mostly shared art inspired by Croatia for this feature. Paint what you know best, they say. Croatia is what I know best since that is where I'm from. It makes sense to keep painting the scenery I'm most familiar with. Today was a sunny day (second in the row), so I took the opportunity to photograph this paintings. Let's get started. Scroll down to see my new landscapes.


Zdravo! Vrijeme je za još jedno PUTOVANJE S MOJOM UMJETNOŠĆU (poveznice na stare objave su u engleskom dijelu teksta). Ova će objava biti malo drugačija jer ću podijeliti tri slike umjesto jedne. Dakle, bit će to dvadeset četvrti, dvadeset peti i dvadeset šesti post u ovoj kategoriji. Štoviše, budući da se sve ove tri slike fokusiraju na različite lokacije, putovat ćemo (s mojom umjetnošću) na različita mjesta. Ipak, nećemo se baš upuštati u nepoznato jer su sve lokacije koje ćemo posjetiti u Hrvatskoj. Do sada sam uglavnom stvarala i sa vama dijelila umjetnost nadahnutu Hrvatskom kada je u pitanju ova rublika na blogu. Slikaj ono što najbolje poznaješ, kažu. Hrvatska je ono što najbolje poznajem jer sam iz Hrvatske. Ima smisla nastaviti slikati krajolik koji mi je najpoznatiji. Danas je bio sunčan dan (drugi po redu) pa sam iskoristio priliku i fotografirao ove slike. Započnimo pregled novih pejzaža.


#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog

PAINTING NUMBER #24: ŽNJAN (CROATIA)- EN PLAIN AIR ACRYLIC PAINTING
Did I use a reference?
 Well, this one is actually 'en plain air' painting, so I used a 'live' reference. I painted it on beach Žnjan in Split city, Croatia. I don't do a lot of painting in the open but sometimes I do venture outdoors, for example HERE. I might do more 'en plain air' painting in the future. I don't know why I didn't do more of it in the past, to be frank. While I was painting on Žnjan beach one lady approached me and asked me questions my art. I suppose that's one of perks of painting outside, you can share your art with other people. So, yes perhaps I should paint 'en plain air' more often.
#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog

What is the medium for this painting? 
The medium for this painting is acrylic paintings on mixed media paper. As far as art supplies goes, there's nothing new to report. Both the mixed media sketchbook and the acrylic paints are from royal talens. 
How long did it take me to paint it? Not very long. I would say about half and hour, give or take fifteen minutes.  I mean it wasn't very cold when I painted this, but it wasn't warm enough to paint for a long time. 





If you want to see more photographs of Žnanj beach, you can visit some of my old posts HERE, HERE, HERE , HERE, HERE AND HERE



#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog



Moving onto paintings #25 & #26...but before we do that, here are links with my previous TRAVEL WITH MY ART POSTS!



PAINTING NUMBER #2: ZAVALA BEACH, ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA , OIL PASTELS
Did I use a reference? Yes, I did. I used one of my own photographs as a reference. I can't seem to find it just now, though. 
What is the medium for this painting? The medium is oil pastels on mixed media paper. Oil pastels are from brand Sonnet and the sketchbook is from Royal Talens. 
How long did it take me to paint it? It took me about half and hour (if I remember correctly).
#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog


PAINTING NUMBER #26:  JELSA (ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA), AN ACRYLIC PAINTING

Did I use a reference? Like with the previous painting, I used one of my own photographs as a reference. 
What is the medium for this painting? The medium is acrylic paints on mixed media paper. The acrylic paints and the sketchbook are from Royal Talens brand. 
How long did it take me to paint it? I'm really not sure because I worked on twice. I wasn't happy with the first version so I left it as it was, not planning to finish it. After a while, I decided to finish it in a more impressionist way. I'm not exactly happy with how it turned out, but I probably won't touch it again. What I plan to do is to paint another version of it. 
#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog
#art for sale #modaodaradosti #blog



THE GREY COAT- five ways to wear it HERE / THE LILAC DRESSHERETHE OLIVE VELVET SHIRT DRESS /PEKO POINTY HEELED BOOTS
If you have any inquiries about purchasing my art, you can send me an email. Thank you for reading and stopping by!

Comments

  1. You really show the beautiful colours of the season through your artwork, Ivana! Your art is making me want to jump on a plane and explore somewhere by the ocean haha :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ivana! I love all three paintings! I have never been brave enough to do 'en plein air' painting whilst out and about (sketching - yes, easier to hide away!) . Hats off to you. I do enjoy seeing people painting by the seafront in Cornwall and like to have a little nosey ;) Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sketching is easier to hide away- I sketched outdoors a few times before I gathered courage to do en plain air painting. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these three gorgeous paintings Ivana! I'm particularly loving the first one of
    Žnjan - you are so good at seascapes - but the ones of Zavala beach and Jelsa are mesmerizing as well. I've said it before, but you are truly talented, and it's always a joy to travel with your art! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love to make seascapes. I'm working on more as we speak:) or rather type:).

      Delete
  4. Hola, acabo de conocer tu blog y me encanta, pasaré mas a menudo para ver estas maravillosas fotografías tan especiales y realizadas con tanto gusto. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend! These paintings (especially the one covers buildings or houses) look great and very unique. Thanks for these artworks. Merry Christmas. Happy and healthy new year to you and your family. Greetings from Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice seeing your paintings come together and it's great that you were able to paint the sea while you were there enjoying and appreciating it! :)

    Hope that you had a lovely Christmas last week :) We enjoyed spending a lot of time with family :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sembra veramente di viaggiare con questi tuoi bellissimi dipinti!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are miracle in paint. Yout art is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bellos curados adoro tus paisajes marinos, Te mando un beso y te deseo un genial año para ti y tu familia,

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! I really loved these paintings. Keep it up. Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful artwork Ivana! Wishing you a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your works are beautiful! Thanks and keep sharing great content.



    Diana - Hijab Korean Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Seascapes! So much work. Going to the beach, facing the elements. & Such a great imagination too! Love those boots, too! Thanks so much. Such a wonderful post! All the best to a New Year this week. We are on the start of bad weather and so many around me have found out they have COVID...so it's been a strange week here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. All the best to you in 2022!

      Delete
  14. Lovely work! So great to see you how you go about the process too. Wonderful outfit! All the best to your art. You are so creative! Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pics and your art is so cool!
    Happy New Year! May 2022 be amazing for you! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It must be so relaxing to be en plain air painting! You are surrounded by such beauty to inspire your art. Happy 2022 Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first one is my favourite - I feel like you can paint water in your sleep by now! :) The second one - something's off with the horizon and perspective, but I appreciate that you're trying new things with the beach. I like the final picture more when I see it in close-up than the small thumbnails - I can see that impressionistic reach in it, and I feel like you can really expand your style into buildings with some more attempts. You're missing contrasting shadows on the buildings (you need some darks), but it has a lot of potential.

    I so appreciate that you share these with us, even when they are not "finished", Ivana. It takes courage to share things that aren't perfect, to put yourself out there. You have been a huge inspiration to me with my own art, in sharing it with the world, and I'm honoured to call you a friend.

    All the best in 2022 to you and your husband, your family and loved ones. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)