HACKING MONICA BELLUCCI'S STYLE SECRETS

Hello dear readers! Today we'll be hacking Monica Bellucci's style secrets. Monica Bellucci is an Italian actress loved by D&G duo and Dior. She is known for having a very feminine style of dressing. First we will identify the key items in Monica's closet and then we are going to examine and hack her style secrets. I already wrote a bit about her style when I analyzed Malena's (character played by Monica Bellucci) wardrobe. The reasons why I have decided to write about her again is because I think Monica Bellucci has a very classical style of dressing that is quite ageless and universally flattering. In fact, you probably already have at least one of Monica's Bellucci key items in your closet. 


KEY ITEMS IN MONICA'S CLOSETS
The key items in Monica's closet are classical ones. That is what makes her style easy to emulate. Items such as a black dress, a white shirt, a tailored suit, a leopard item and a floral dress are really items most of us ladies could use in our closets. In other words, her 'essentials' are perfect items for anyone who wants to nurture that effortlessly elegant Mediterranean lady chic. 

1. A WHITE SHIRT
A white shirt should be in everyone's closet. This essential item is a perfect way to elevate any outfit. You can wear a white shirt with jeans for a clean and chic look or pair it with a skirt for a more feminine one. Simply said, you cannot go wrong with a white shirt. Monica Bellucci sometimes wear shirts with jeans, but since she doesn't wear jeans that often (at least we don't have it on record), she typically pairs her shirts with white suits or skirts.


2. A BLACK BELLOW THE KNEE OR MIDI LENGTH DRESS
Another key item in Monica Bellucci's closet is a black dress. A black dress is a great piece that we can always rely on. Most of you already have a little black dress in your closet. As long as it is not too short it will be perfect for emulating Bellucci's iconic style. Monica doesn't wear short dresses or skirts often, instead she opts for bellow the knee or midi length. This makes her all black dress outfits look more sophisticated and lady like. You can also opt for a black maxi if that is what you prefer. The effect will be similar. The secret is in keeping the sense of mystery and not showing too much skin. Don't forget to wear heels with your black midi dress for an increased dose of femininity. 

3. A PATTERN MIDI DRESS (FLORAL OR POLKA DOT DRESS)
 When it comes to patterns, Monica loves to wear classical ones such as floral and polka dot. Just like with her black dress, she prefers a bellow the knee or midi length. I feel like a midi floral dress is a quintessentially Monica Bellucci look. She relies on polka dot dresses a lot as well. Once again, heels are a must for recreating the feminine allure of Monica's floral midi dress signature looks.



 4. A CLASSICAL BLACK SUIT
A tailor black suit is a must have. A nice black suit is something you can wear for any occasion. With power suit trend on the rise again, a black suit look is super relevant (not that it even really goes out of style). If you don't own a black suit, perhaps it is time that you dig through your closet and see if you have a black blazer and matching skirt or pants. Monica Bellucci wears a lot of black. Among her black items, a key place belongs to a classical black suit. A combination of a black blazer and pants (or a skirt) is a timeless one. There is something empowering about wearing a black suit. 


5. A RED DRESS 
Monica understand 'the lady in red appeal'. Red is the colour of love and passion. Monica often reaches for red dresses when it comes to her red carpet appearances and she's been to rock them for everyday wear as well. If you want to really make a statement, opt for a vintage red dress. If you need to wear something over your red dress, make sure it is a coat in a neutral colour. Monica Bellucci's style isn't too colourful.




6. A PENCIL SKIRT 
Now, when it comes to pencil skirts, Monica Bellucci often wears basic pencil skirts. However, Monica sometimes wears patterned pencils skirts or even mixes patterns with her skirts. We're still talking about classical patterns, though. Monica could for example pair a floral pattern pencil skirt with a polka dot blouse or the other way around. Nevertheless, most often she will wear pencil skirts in neutral colours opting either for a black and white contrast or a whole black and white look. That is where our style differs a bit. While I enjoy wearing pencil skirts, I like to pair them with more vibrant colours. My outfits with pencils skirts are typically not as classical as Monica's. However, I do depend on pencil skirts. I couldn't imagine my wardrobe without them. A pencil skirt is flattering to most body types and it adds such elegance to every outfit. 


7. A WHITE DRESS 
A white dress is another staple in Monica Bellucci's closet. A white dress is seriously one of the most underestimated items. A little white dress is a perfect substitute for a little black dress. It is easy to dress up and down (and what not). Monica is aware of that. While Monica Bellucci doesn't wear white dresses as often as she wears black ones but she wears them often enough. Just enough to refresh her appearance. Again, she keeps things simple.


8. A LEOPARD BLOUSE (OR ANY LEOPARD ITEM REALLY)
Monica Bellucci wears leopard like second skin. I can think of so many iconic leopard outfits by her dating all the back to the nineties. Monica treats leopard as a neutral pattern- and it really is just that. Monica's been known to rock all leopard looks pretty often. If you don't have the confidence to rock a full leopard look, you can always start small and wear a leopard blouse, a leopard scarf or a leopard pair of heels. That is why I put- any leopard item above. It can be any leopard item. The secret is to wear it with confidence and unleash your inner wild cat. 
9.  A MAXI DRESS
The final key element of  Monica Bellucci's style is a maxi dress. A maxi dress is such a feminine yet comfortable choice. If you want to channel your inner Bellucci, keep it simple. You will notice that Bellucci doesn't wear much accessories. The same is the case with her outfits featuring maxi dress. Less is more if Bellucci is to be consulted. A nice pair of feminine shoes and that's all you need to finish your maxi dress outfit. 


If you remember my first post about Monica Bellucci, you know about the 10 style lessons that can be summed up in ten fashion commands:
1. KEEP IT CLASSY (DON'T SHOW TOO MUCH SKIN)
2. WEAR BELLOW THE KNEE OR MIDI LENGTH SKIRTS AND DRESSES
3. OPT FOR BASIC COLOURS (DARK BLUE, RED, WHITE AND BLACK)
4. CREATE COLOUR CONTRASTS USING BASIC COLOURS 
5. WEAR CLASSICAL PRINTS (FLOWER, LEOPARD AND POLKA DOT PRINT)
6. WEAR CLASSICAL AND TIMELESS CUTS (THINK TAILORED SUITS, PENCIL SKIRTS AND DRESSES)
7. HEELED SANDALS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND (SAY YES TO HEELS)
8. FEMININE DETAILS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE (SAY YES TO BOWS)
9. BELT IT! ALWAYS WEAR A BELT TO ACCENTUATE YOUR WAIST.
10. GO FOR SIMPLE AND CLASSICAL MAKE UP LOOK AND HAIRDO
MONICA BELLUCCI'S STYLE SECRETS:
Like Malena's outfits, Monica Bellucci's looks are typically well balanced in terms of skin exposure. Her dresses and skirts are never too short, too tight and/or provocative. Monica often wears dresses and skirts that emphasize the waist, but they are not too tight.  Instead of revealing too much, Monica retains a sense of mystery and allure by keeping it classy. She often wears dresses with sleeves. Monica typically wears a dress that is more open and sleeveless only when she wears a maxi dress. However, she also wears sheer fabrics. Still even in her 'sheer' looks, she knows how to keep it classy.
It seems that Monica Bellucci's favourite skirt and dress length is just bellow the knee.  She is fully aware of benefits of opting for such a classical length. She knows how to create a classy look. Bellow the knee and midi lengths can be very flattering when worn the right way. Monica Bellucci often chooses pencil skirts and dresses that complement her hour glass figure perfectly. One thing is for sure, Monica Belluci has mastered the effortless lady chic. She stays aways from trendy colours, patterns and cuts, often opting for classical outfits. Monica colour choices are typically traditional. Monica is often mesmerizing in all black or in black and white combos. In some ways, her style even makes me think of Parisian chic, because it is so effortlessly elegant at times, but in total, I'd say her style is more dressed up Italian one. It is  a very feminine, elegant and chic style. Monica wears a simple colour palette dominated by dark blue, black, red and white.
KEY  COLOURS: PRIMARY COLOURS (RED, BLACK AND WHITE)
KEY PATTERNS:  FLORAL, POLKA DOT AND LEOPARD PRINT
KEY CUTS: TAILORED, MIDI LENGTH, PENCIL CUT DRESSES AND TROUSERS BUT ALSO WIDE TROUSERS AND MERMAID DRESSES
 That would be all for today. This post took ages to compose, I hope you have enjoyed it. It was interesting to compare my own style with that of Monica. I'd say that her style is more classical, I like to experiment a bit more, wear more colour and try a trend or two. However, I'd say that her style secrets are well worth learning. Monica Bellucci does know how to dress like a lady. I like how Monica is always so true to her style. Bellucci always collaborates with the same designers and seems to have a unique (if classical) personal sense of style that is hard to find in celebs.  What do you say? Have I managed to hack all of Monica Bellucci's style secrets? 

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a really comprehensive look at Ms. Bellucci! I'm impressed at all the work you put into this, Ivana - and I've written a few ginormous posts in my time, so I fully appreciate how much effort it took for you to do this. Brava!

    I follow a lot of these style "tips" in my own dressing, although my own style is quite a bit more ecclectic and experimental. I always try to look ladylike, even when I'm verging into the a-little-bit-crazy territory.

    Your last look is just incredibly stunning - you look gorgeous in that suit? dress? I'm not sure, but you look amazing in it. It goes to show that sometimes simple and classic is often more impactful than showy or flashy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last look is actually a dress I made (and partly designed) myself. I did use a Burda pattern but I altered it so the design is partly mine as well. I made this dress when I took a fashion sewing course last year, it was fun and I definitely learned the basics of sewing. I still haven't bought a sewing machine, though.
      I like to experiment with colours myself and I'm not afraid to wear something that might be a bit too out there and tacky, but at the same time I'm attracted to lady like style so I get what you mean. Fun thing about experimental style is that you can actually do both.

      Delete
  2. Love her style and your outfits are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with the actress but from the photos you've shared you have captured her style so well! I think it's always fun to look a little lady like! :)

    Hope that you are having a good week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ovaj outfit s odijelom izgleda vrhunski *_*

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your outfits!
    Many incredible and creative :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Ivana, hope you and your beloved ones are all safe and sound!

    Your post always amaze me.... it doesn't matter if you decide to talk about art, illustrations, travels or fashion. You always manage to add that creative touch to everything you publish and you're always going beyond!

    This looks like a post from a fashion magazine, you put down to earth all the essentials aspects of the style of Monica Belluccis, actually it is very classic and Italian from the 40s/50s but with an unexpected and subtle sexy touch.

    I loved all the options, but the look in total black and the one with animal print are my favorites! You did a very very cool job :)

    Thank you always!
    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Post, so much Inspiration <3

    lovely Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica Bellucci is definitely a style icon for all women. We can never go wrong with classic! You have done an amazing job complementing this style Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute outfits! I really like how you styled them all. I really love the monochrome one xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have amazing outfits and I think you look fabulous Ivana :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che bello questo post Ivana hai presentato look eccezionali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic hacks! Your styles are much better than hers.
    Sweet jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome ideas! each works very nicely with any lady, very nice example too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Ivana, what a wonderful post, and you're certainly giving Monica Bellucci a run for her money! You look gorgeous in red, and I'm totally in love with that floral midi dress. And I agree with Sheila: that final look is simply stunning and shows off your wonderful figure to perfection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love how you broke this down this way Ivana. I also notice how well her clothing fits...I'm sure it's been altered to fit her perfectly.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're probably right Jodie. Her clothes are probably custom made for her.

      Delete
  16. Hi gal, i hope you are doing fine and keeping safe, i love all the looks that you shared. They all very beautiful. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, amazing post!!
    I really really love Monica's style, but I haven't analyzed.
    Your thinking is so great, and your outfits are also great and so Monica!!
    I have thought about timeless style originally for long time, so your article inspired me!

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com


    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Ivana! You won't be surprised to see that I also admire Monica Bellucci's feminine and classic style. Thank you for presenting so many great looks to us here. They are a great inspiration for me.
    And I have to pay you a huge compliment: you look sensational in the Monica Bellucci inspired outfits!
    I love all of them, but I would like to mention three outfuts: In your little black dress you look like a famous movie star. And your geourgeous legs in these black stockings ... WOW! You also look great in the cute red dress and I love the outfit with the white shirt and bright skirt.
    Hugs, Nadine <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally love it! I just adore feminine a classy style ✨

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Ivana
    I loved the concept of the post, I also want to do it with a diva like Monica !! I think you chose a woman with a very chic and ... beautiful classic taste! You look perfect like her !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monica' style is quite different from mine but I do admire that she knows what looks good on her and has adopted a signature style to suit that. You did a great rundown of her outfits as well as recreating some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really loved this post, as I have always been a huge fan of Monica Belluci! I love her style and I also love how you recreated the outfits! Perfect styling!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the great articles!
    If the author does not mind,I will be happy to copy some to my blog
    Women's secrets
    Once again, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the author of the article, photos and collages. You may copy some if you linked them to my blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!