RESTAURANT DALMATINO IN SPLIT CITY: A RED DRESS

Hello readers and fellow bloggers! How are you doing? Today I'm taking you to Dalmatino restaurant in Split city. What to wear to a summer date? This outfit is my answer to that question because if you ask me, you simply cannot go wrong with a statement dress and a pair of comfortable sandals. If you want to feel comfortable and still look attractive and feminine, then a statement dress is the way to go, especially if you are a fan of dresses. Pair it with a crossover bag and sandals for a practical and easy but still a chic summer styling. If you don't feel comfortable in a dress, then you choose shorts or pants and wear a red statement top. In fact, sometimes I wear a skirt over this dress so that it becomes a red top with statement sleeves. I'm a big fan of the statement sleeve trend, you know. I just find it so feminine and chic. Statement and ruffled sleeves are a great way to add some fashion drama- and fashion drama is the only kind of drama I like on this little place of mine. 

I wore this red ruffled dress with tassels for an evening date i.e. dinner  with my husband. We choose restaurant Dalmatino in Split. We ate there before so we came back for another visit. This time the food was as good as the first time we dined there, but we were both a bit under the weather so we couldn't enjoy our dinner fully. In fact, I've been experiencing a bit of a Chron flare up. Not serious enough to require medical help, but I have been experiencing chronic pain and other symptoms. Nothing I eat seems to agree with me these days. Well, that's life: a mixture of good and bad. I try not to let it depress me. You just have to take the good with the bad, I think. I always try to find something good in every day.  Indeed, there are always things to be grateful for in every single day. I'm grateful for my time in Split city (Croatia). I shall blog about my stay in Split more in the following days. I finally returned to my house in Mostar so now I have my laptop plus a good internet connection and that means I can return to blogging regularly. 


THE STORY OF AN OUTFIT- HOW I WORE IT BEFORE?
THE RED DRESS
I love the bright red of this dress. Some people shy from red fashion items, but I love them. It may have to do something with my love for folklore. In European folklore (and not just European!) red often symbolizes love. There is a lot of red in European folklore dresses. There are quite a few Croatian national dresses and costumes that are predominately red. For me red is such a happy and powerful colour. I think there is a shade of red for everyone. Depending on one's skin tone, some will look better in brighter shades of red, some in paler, but there is a shade of red for everyone. I think this dress is the perfect shade of red for me. Bellow you can see a collage showing you how I styled this dress in the past and I will also include the links for my old outfit posts:


THE TROPICAL PRINT SANDALS- previously worn here, herehere herehere here here and  here
THE CROSS OVER BAG - previously worn here, hereherehere and here.


As I already mentioned, we dined in this restaurant before. I'll leave you a link to my older post about it in case anyone is interested. I will also leave you with links to my previous posts about Split city (my last one being: A SPRING STYLING FOR SIGHT-SEEING SPLIT CITY). Split is the city I was born and grew up in, so it always has a special place in my heart. Moreover, it is a beautiful city rich in history so I'm often inspired to write and blog about it. 



MY PREVIOUS VISIT TO DALMATINO'S RESTAURANT HERE


That would be all for today. I hope you have enjoyed visiting Split city with me. I have more Split city dinning recommendations coming up, so stay posted. Share your dinning recommendations if you have any. Tell me what kind of restaurants do you like? Tell me what do you think about my summer date outfit idea? What do you wear on summer dates?  What has your summer been like so far? Are you a Summer lover? I've always loved Summer, but sometimes I find it hard to deal with the heat. How are you dealing with warm weather? 



 Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. Have a lovely day ahead!

Comments

  1. OMG, I LOVE your spectacular red dress, dear Ivana! You look adorable! You have such a charming and feminine style and you are a great role model for me.
    I'm sorry that you couldn't really enjoy your visit to the restaurant and that you were in pain.
    By the way, I'm back from a great vacation in your wonderful home country. We were in Istria and really enjoyed the days. Now I finally got back to blogging.
    Love Nadine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Istria is an excellent choice for a vacation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just look GORGEOUS in this dress, Ivana! I also adore a pretty red dress - the sleeves and tassels are an added bonus! Your bracelet is really pretty - I also liked when you wore statement necklaces with this dress.

    Your dinner looks amazing!

    I'm sorry your chronic pain is back. I find it so hard to deal with all the aches and pains of aging (not even comparable to your chronic pain, I'm sure - I'm such a whiner), so it's a good reminder to count our blessings and look for those moments of joy and gratitude.

    So glad to hear you'll be back with a better computer connection - that's so frustrating. Big hugs to you, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention this bracelet in the post. You've got a good eye, Sheila. I got it as a present from a friend.

      Delete
  4. Wow Ivana that dress is amazing! And you are in a perfect shape! I have my problems with the food so I understand you very well! I ask myself how do we live without internet?
    Welcome back!

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa. Yes, it is hard to live without the Internet.

      Delete
  5. The Dinner Attire Is Lovely But It Was The Necklace In The Other Shots That Made The Shot - I Know You And The Hubby Enjoyed The Evening Together - Continue On And Dance Like Nobody Is Watching

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful red dress on you! You've worn it so well every time and it looks perfect for a dinner date! So sorry to hear your health isn't the best though, I hope you are able to rest up and recover from your flare up soon!

    Hope you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for good wishes Mica. It is perfect for a dinner date indeed.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your flare up. I have issues with food too and need to avoid a lot! I am lactose intolerant and don't eat meat or fish. I hope you find the cause of it. I always keep a food diary to track what causes me issues.

    That dress is stunning and love it with the sandals too. Looks super in the other photos as well :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case, it is almost always stress related. I'm pretty careful with food, but stress is hard to control.

      Delete
  8. Ivana, you really suit this beautiful red dress and I love the statement ruffles too! The evening setting looks like the perfect atmosphere for this lovely outfit :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful 😍. I love it. Red is your color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress was made for you Ivana. And I'm all about dressing up to go out. Life is a blessing and I'm not going to waste one more day in sweats!!
    I hope you start feeling better. You have a great attitude, but it's no fun not feeling good.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermoso vestido te queda genial estas muy elegante. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love summer too, a lot! And dresses! They are easy to wear and so stylish. I also love to wear them with sandals but I also wear them with sneakers a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red looks wonderful on you and that dress fits you perfectly!
    I'm sorry you're struggling with things at the moment, sending love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooow! You look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ivana, I hope you're having a nice Friday so far :)

    First of all I am sad to hear that your chronic pain is there, I hope you can feel a bit better in the upcoming ways! At least I am happy to know you had some good hours at Split City which looks like a place with tons of amazing options!

    Good to know that Dalmatino was an option for grabbing some food, going out to eat is probably the thing I enjoy the most and it is good that now we're able (sometimes haha) to go out to try different food! Your plate looks really good.

    Now talking about the dress is the perfect statement piece for almost everything! As you well said I love that it is really bold and simple, you can pair it almost with everything during many seasons, but it has the great staple of a ruffle!

    Enjoy your home, rest and have a lovely day!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I agree that this dress is both bold and simple at the same time.

      Delete
  16. Such an amazing red dress! So romantic!

    I think each of us are on that journey of the mystery of food and how our body reacts to it. Sometimes, it could be medications or so many other obstacles. You look radiant and I hope your troubles have not slowed down your creativity. I hope you can rest and I'm glad you are back with a good internet connection!

    Thank you so much for reading my blog and the wonderful comments too. All the best to your travels, your art, your literary knowledge and of course your health.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing dress! You wear it so well! Such lovely photos of you and the city! Glad you are home. Wishing you rest and relaxation and of course lots of energy to create your passion!

    Thank you so much for being here. Thank you for your comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Real woman in red - you look totally fabulous in this red dress- this dress is so perfect for different occasions <3 Wish you wonderful weekend hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look stunning in this gorgeous red dress. It suits you so well and the dress is beautiful. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well, I hope it will get better soon. Sending hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing in that dress. It is a lovely choice for a date. The ruffles and silhouette are so chic and feminine. I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with Chrohn flare ups but it sounds like you're taking it in stride. I miss dining out. We've chosen not to eat at restaurants because we're not at a point where we feel safe but we do take out and delivery regularly so we can still support our favorite eateries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena! Ordering take out is a great way to support favourite places for sure.

      Delete
  21. You can't go wrong with a red dress! Add statement sleeves into the equation, and it's a winner! You look gorgeous wearing that dress, it's the perfect shape for your lovely figure and the colour suits you very well indeed. We have yet to go out to dinner after restaurants were allowed to re-open in June. We'll make up for lost time when we go away for a couple of days in August. Your dinner looks amazing, but I'm sorry to hear about your Chron flare-up! I really admire you for seeing the positive even on a bad day! Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I hope you enjoy it all in August.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)