TRAVEL WITH MY ART #3: CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF KAZAN , IRKUTSK

Hello, how are you? I hope you're doing well. I'm still struggling with low iron levels and it's not fun. With everything going on, I think we all need a bit of positive vibes right now. So, I'm continuing with  Travel With My Art , a fun art series I have started recently. The idea is to travel virtually together with the help of my paintings. My first  painting in this series was an acrylic landscape sketch devoted to a beach in Palermo, Sicily (Italy) and the second was an acrylic painting of bay Mala Stiniva on island Hvar (Croatia).  Today I'll share a watercolour pencil sketch of a place I never visited: a church of Our Lady of Kazan located in Irkutsk, Siberia (Russia). We can have a little travel talk in the comments as well. Maybe you have visited some of these places and want to leave your comment about it or you want to comment about the places you want to visit. Scroll down to see the work in progress photos of this painting. I gifted the original to a friend but if you want to buy unlimited edition  printsstickers  or other products with this painting you can do so here


As I already stated, I have never visited Irkutsk or Siberia (or Russia for that matter). All that I can remember of Irkutsk is that it is one of the largest towns in Siberia and that it used to be known as Siberian Sant Petersburg. While I was browsing images of Irkutsk online, I found that it has some really beautiful churches and buildings. The Kazan church appealed to me the most. I didn't use a single reference photograph to make this painting. I actually used several reference photographs and added my own perspective on things. I would say the finished product is pretty close to the images I was browsing but not exactly like any of them. Overall, I'm more or less satisfied with the painting. I cannot say that I'm completely satisfied but it turned out well enough to be presented as a gift.

What attracted me to this particular landscape was naturally the church. Our Lady of Kazan is a stunning historical church for sure. I read a bit about the history of his church and found it pretty fascinating. I would say that I enjoy painting buildings as much as I do nature. In fact, now that I think of it, I illustrate and paint churches pretty often.  Looking at the photographs,  I think I could have done a little better job on some of the details. I think I did alright with the proportions, I remember doing some measuring and trying to figure them out. In addition, I could have been more careful with the trees. I feel like these pines look more like pines in my area then those that grown there, but I'm not going to split hairs. The colours turned out alright. As I already mentioned, I drew this church with watercolour pencils (Steadler) in my (Royal Talens) sketchbook and then I added water to give it that aquarelle feel. I added a few finishing touches with white acrylic paint (Royal Talens). If I were to do this painting again, I would have probably changed some things. Wh knows? I might do it again or paint a similar scene. It's an interesting area to explore. Now that travelling isn't possible, we can still educate ourselves about different places and travel virtually with the helps of books or the Internet. Do you ever do that? Do you read about places you would like to visit or would just like to know more about?  


As always, thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely day!


Comments

  1. Bella iglesia me ha encantado. Te mando un beso y esperó que te mejores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a genius idea, Ivana! Travelling while also enjoying your art! It's a beautiful image of a stunning church! I've been to Irkutsk once or twice, but sort of passing through, so I haven't seen the church and don't remember much about the city itself. Thank you for introducing me to my own homeland! :) And I do hope you feel better soon. Lots of love and warmest hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet Natalia. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. The church looks very unique. I would love to see it in person, but I'm more than happy to see it in your art. For me, the illustration looks very good and I agree that it makes for a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! Beautiful color! Great that you captured it so well. Hope you are on the mend. All the best to your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art! Love the little details. What an amazing inspiration. All the best to your health and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous art work. I really like it. I have issues with iron and b12. Hope you feel better soon :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these can be hard to solve. I have a B12 deficit as well.

      Delete
  7. Our Lady of Kazan has such stunning and unique details. You did such a wonderful job with capturing it's essence in this piece. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your iron levels. When I had low iron, it made me really tired all the time. Do take care and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, low iron usually makes us feel very tired.

      Delete
  8. Oh so nice illustration darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with low iron levels. I do, however, welcome the positive vibes of your Art Travel post! What a stunning church and your watercolour pencil sketch does it more than justice. Thank you for sharing, Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you captored the vibes from that beautiful church just right. And those colors are very real. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon Ivana. I struggle with low iron as well so I can imagine how you're feeling. Your artwork is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon and you're able to find a solution for the low iron - I struggled with it while I was pregnant with the kids. You did such a good job with this watercolour, it looks beautiful and the colours so vibrant! It's nice you were able to research and paint somewhere you hadn't been!


    Hope you are having a good week :) The rain has finally stopped here which is great, luckily we didn't have any flooding here.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry you're struggling Ivana. Im glad this painting is such a creative outlet for you. You are incredibly talented.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the vibrant colors of your church drawing. It's very uplifting. Would be amazing to see in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really happy that you're able to channel your energy into your art right now, Ivana. This church looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Russian and Ukrainian churches always look very fairy-tale like to me.

      Delete
  16. That church look very beautiful, I like red tones and you paint is amazing. Such a beautiful piece of art.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/bvlgari-goldea-roman-night-absolute.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that you fell better soon! Never heard about that church before but is an interesting building! It's so different from the churches here! You catch the church aura in your art!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recognised that church being Russian before I'd read the text, what a lovely piece of artwork.
    I hope your doctor can get your iron levels under control. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vix. I need to wait for a bit before repeating the blood tests to see if anything worked.

      Delete
  19. The temple in the picture looks very realistic. I have never been to Kazan. Great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, This is such an interesting idea, Ivana! I am already loving this virtual travel idea! And would love to see more places with you. I am looking forward to more posts, and to learn about more places virtually.

    Your art is stunning as always. I love those pictures with blooming flowers at the background. I can't wait to see the bloom here at our place! Spring is my most favorite season <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Ivana this is magnificent, now that it is really hard to take a trip or a boat.... even a car to other place to change this switch this appears a great idea!

    I've always love to draw places and buildings or scenarios of cities, both knonw places or sites that I would like to visit :) In this case this seems the perfect idea to know a bit more of that church, the colors are stunning and you can't find places in that tone in Spain.

    I hope you can get better soon, a little bit of art can always help to improve our mood. Sending you my best wishes!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I agree that art can improve our mood<3

      Delete
  22. One of the most vibrant churches I've ever gotten the pleasure to find out about. The churches I have seen before either in real life or through the screen are often more subdued on the outside. I find it interesting to see one that's utterly bold in colors like this as it looks like a palace or a colorful Indian temple. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

How to wear a summer dress in Autumn? Kako nositi ljetnu haljinu u jesen?

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)