FAREWELL TO SUMMER FROM MOSTAR CITY

The two past days (it's almost midnight) were both a perfect example of what is like living with an immune illness. I was feeling perfectly fine in the morning and afternoon but by the time evening came I was in excruciating pain. Today (for pretty much the whole day) I was unable to get out of bed. Fever came too, as it always does when I have a Chron flare up. Contrary to popular opinion, a flare doesn't have anything to do with what I ate. In my experience, a flare is usually prompted by either stress or seasonal change. I did and payed for some blood work (the never ending health expenses are another perk of having an immune illness) earlier today and the results were not alarming so I'm hoping to avoid a hospital stay this time (fingers crossed). 

Some other tests I did last month confirmed  I'm no longer in remission but that is fine. I was expecting that- the constant chronic pain in my stomach, the frequent 72 hours migraines and insomnia were a pretty good indicator that my illness is in its active form again. For about fifteen or so years I have had this illness, I was only in remission for one year (during 2020). So, the fact that I'm out of remission is not alarming in itself. I'm used to living with the illness in its active form (well, as used to it as one can get).  It always sucks, though. Moving onto brighter subjects, today we'll do another stroll around Mostar city. We'll also say goodbye to Summer with  two outfits  featuring a white ruffled off shoulder tunics. Although, this first outfit I'm sharing  is very similar to this one I already shared, the only difference is the brown sandals. Anyhow, let's get started. 


STREET ART FESTIVAL MOSTAR- A MUST SEE ART

During  Summer, there is this amazing annual street art festival held in Mostar city with paticipating artists from all over the word. The lace mural you can see behind me is one of the new street art projects. I wish I knew who painted it. How precious it is! The painted lace absolutely looks 3D. 

If you want to see more of murals created for this Mostar street art festival and other street art in Mostar, you can do so bellow:

2018 STREET ART MOSTAR , 2016 STREET ART , 2021 STREET ART and also here here and here.

THE SPANISH SQUARE IN MOSTAR 

Spanish square is one of most beautiful squares in Mostar. It is dominated by a historical school building founded during the time this city belonged to Austro-Hungarian Empire. This is probably my favourite building in Mostar. It was build in 1890ties. It is know as Old Gymnasium (because it really is old) but it is actually called Gymnasium Mostar. A word of explanation is needed here. What we call Gymnasium in this part of the world is actually a secondary school (i.e high school) that is intended to prepare its students for University. It's the kind of school you take if you're certain you're going to for higher education later on. We have two types of high schools here: vocational ones and gymnasiums. Not that you cannot go to University if you go to a vocational school. Some go to vocational school because they are fun.  Within this gorgeous  building United World Collage is also situated. In addition, in the back of the building, you can find American Corner.


OUTFIT #1; HOW I WORE IT BEFORE?

THE WHITE TUNICS WORN AS A TOP /THE STANKA ZOVKO SKIRT /THE BROWN SANDALS

THE BLACK MINI BAG




OUTFIT #2

WHITE TUNICS WORN AS A TOP (link above) /BLACK PRINTED PENCIL SKIRT (second hand)

BURGUNDY BAG / DRIVING LOAFERS




As always thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a lovely day!


Comments

  1. Tu cuidad es muy linda me gusta tu primer look . Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какая же ты красивая! Мне перый образ очень понравился!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ivana, firts of all happy Friday!

    I am so sorry to heart that you have been struggling with your health, as you said that's the thing with immunological diseases. Hope you can get rid of all those scary sympthons and stay as well as possible :( Sorry I can't do anymore but sending you best wishes and vibes so you can feel better.

    On the other side I really enjoyed the walk through Mostar City, you always show us something different and the details of a walking with you around beautiful places. I didn't know that there is a Spanish Quarter in Mosar, that sounds amazing! Need to explore more about this and specially the history of this area!

    I loved both looks with the blouse, but I'd say the first one with the lilac skirt is my favorite since it is one of my favorite tones!

    Hope you get better and have a nice weekend :)
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I think you would like Spanish square, it is a very pretty and there is a nice park nearby.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos and outfits! I love that white tunic top. So sorry to hear about your flare up, and I hope you start to feel better soon. It sucks living with an auto-immune condition : perhaps the seasonal change aggravated the symptoms. Sending lots of love and positive vibes
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that you have health problems. Hope you will feel better soon.
    Love both of these looks and nice to see Mostar pictures, I was here two years ago and I really enjoyed this city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed Mostar.

      Delete
  6. I hope you are able to continue your creativity. All the best to good days ahead. Lovely top that you make work on so many occasions. Awesome historical location too. All the best to a calm weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending positive thoughts! So great to see you in pink! My favorite color. I would be stumbling in those heels. All the best with your art through these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had another Chron flare up, and you haven't been feeling well at all. Living with a chronic immune disease must be debilitating. I can't even begin to imagine. Keeping my fingers crossed that you won't have to go into hospital, and I'm sending positive vibes your way.
    Once again, I love strolling along through sunny Mostar with you, and I think the two outfits featuring that gorgeous tunic were just perfect for saying farewell to Summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. It is hard at times, but as with everything in life, one gets used to it.

      Delete
  9. So cool place dear xx I am so sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope taht you are feeling much better now Ivana. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the photos and I loved your first look! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear your disease is flaring up, Ivana! I wonder if you are perhaps having some peri-menopause symptoms as well? I don't know how old you are, but I started having peri-menopause (hot sweats, sleeplessness, mood swings) in my early 40s.

    You look wonderful in both outfits - they are so summery and fun. What a lovely place to take pictures - that street art lace is amazing!

    Have a good weekend, my dear friend! I hope you feel better soon. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. My weekend is going well so far.

      Delete
    2. I'm 36, I think it's still a bit early for that.

      Delete
  13. Gosh, I just can't imagine going through what you do with your illness Ivana. You have such an amazing perspective through it all.
    Yet you get dressed and are productive even through it. What an amazing woman you are.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie. I think that sometimes little things like dressing up can make us feel a lot better.

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear about your issues with another flare up. I always thought it was due to what someone eats? But stress is awful. Hope you feel better soon.

    We have had a bad cold for over a week now. We both tested negative for covid and my child got over the cold quickly. We are still suffering. I hope it passes soon.

    Great photos :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci