4 Friday Fashion Illustrations (With and Without a Reference)
Hello dear readers and fellow bloggers! In my last post, I shared two of my new fashion illustrations featuring. In this post, I'll share four fashion illustrations. Two of them are fashion drawings of outfits I wore in the past, and two are fashion drawings from my imaginations. The medium for all of them is coloured pencils on ordinary A4 print paper (no brand). I made all of them in a hurry, so they are not polished works. Still, I think it makes sense to share quick fashion sketches as well. Regular readers of my blog will know that I have been doing fashion sketches since I can remember. I also played with paper dolls as a kid. Did you? My old textbooks are filled with fashion sketches and illustrations. I've just never stopped. Of course, through the years my style changed and evolved. This blog is a testament to that. These days I do all kind of fashion sketches and illustrations, from artistic ones to quick ones. I also tend to do fashion illustrations in different media, and sometimes I even experiment and make fashion illustrations with flowers or other odd objects. I never seem to be lacking in inspiration. If you want to see other outfits of mine I illustrated this year, click 1/ 2/ 3/ 4 / 5/ 6 / 7 / 8/ 9 10/ 11
Finding time to work on my art skills can be a challenge. Lately I've taken to the habit of carrying my sketchbook with me and using every spare moment I can get. Life is never going to allow for me to practice art 24/7. All of us have only a limited amount of time to get better at anything. We cannot get better at everything. We have to pick and choose what to focus on. Right now, I'm focusing on improving my drawing and sketching skills. I'm still sticking with fashion illustration, but I'm also practising portraits. At the same time, I'm also working on my landscape painting skills. It is a lot? Maybe it is. Still, I don't want to abandon any of these skill pursuits because I'm afraid that I'll lose my art skills or that they will stagnate. It is hard to find that balance. One needs a lot of work just to keep one art skills, but I'm starting to realize that you can also focus more on certain things. Art is such a vast subject, it is literary impossible to get better at all aspects of it. I might have overdone it a bit during my vacation, or better to say I did not plan the drawing and painting activities well, so it is something I might work on.
![]() |
| Fashion drawing based on an outfit I posted in August, 2015 |
As it happens, both fashion drawings of the day show outfits I wore eleven years ago. Why? No particular reason, these outfits just caught my eye while I was sketching earlier this year. These drawings were made when the first drawings of the year were made. If you remember that post, you'll know that I just picked up coloured pencils at my parents' apartment, set down and made a bunch of drawings (six in total, if I'm not mistaken). I hurried through all of them, but I still took the time to render them and all that.
The outfit before is something I wore in Mostar on a hot summer day. I still have most of these clothing items, minus the shoes. The plastic yellow bag is still a personal favourite, and in this post you can see it worn with a bunch of outfits. Some people are very against using plastic materials, but I think what truly counts is how we use the plastic. Plastic can be used for scientific and medical purposes. Plastic can have all kinds of practical purposes. The problem with plastic is not in the material itself but the way we treat it. The problem is our human wastefulness and consumerism. A plastic bag can last for years, it is durable and practical. The problem is in disposable plastic bag. The problem always comes down to consumerism and overconsumerism. I've had this yellow plastic bag for years and I still wear it. If I tossed it away, that would be a problem. If I use it and wear it, and it serves a purpose, then it is not a problem. If I'm not wasteful, if I recycle, and if I don't have a shopping addiction, if I shop my closet, suddenly the plastic bag is not a problem. Anyhow, I had fun illustrating it. This was a quick sketch but I might sketch and/or illustrate another outfit with this yellow bag.
The Amadeus capri (or bermuda?) jeans that I customized with paint are still with me, but I tend to wear them only in the Summer. They would not be too hard to style for other seasons, but the thing is that I don't wear jeans often. When I do wear jeans, usually it's either vintage jeans or jeans by Croatian brand Amadeus (because of the size thing). When I buy or get vintage jeans, usually it's German or Croatian brands that I stick with or that suit me.
The mesh long sleeved black top (no name, gifted) is still with me as well. Isn't that fun? I often pair it with this black graphic t-shirt. See how I styled this t-shirt with a striped mini from Zara, a burgundy bag from Borsa and a pair of brown heeled sandals in 2018. See how I layered this graphic t-shirt with a maxi pleated skirt, a striped cardi, a black blazer and doc martens. See how I wore it in another summer styling with heels here.
The DIY necklace was such a fun project as well. I don't know can you make it out in the fashion drawing, but on the reference photograph it is well visible. As I explained in this post, I gifted this necklace to a little girl that liked it. I was always kind of generous with gifting the jewellery I made.
So, what is the only item in this styling that I no longer own? That would be the mules. I walk a lot, so shoes do not last that long. I usually do get a lot of wears from them. See how I wore these mules with wide sand (camel) trousers here , with a mini floral dress here, and with a green dress and statement belt here,
Moving onto the next outfit I illustrated. Do I still own all of these items? Well, the lace dress and the necklace were borrowed but I do have everything else. I still wear these metallic stiletto heels, and the mini golden bag, and the sheer black cover up. Now, when it comes to the long black coat, I think I might have donated it. Anyhow, I did get a lot of wears from all of these items. Presumably, the one I borrowed were also worn a lot by their owners.
Anyhow, I like how this fashion drawing turned out. These stiletto heels were fun to illustrate. They are not so much fun to wear, I have to admit to that. It was interesting drawing all aspects of this outfit: the black coat and the lace dress were tricky because of the body position and all. The golden accessories were also tricky, because I didn't have any metallic coloured pencils. In general, as I'm sure you know, I don't use coloured pencils a lot. So, I still haven't mastered this medium. Plus, there were just some radnom coloured pencils I found, so I wasn't even familiar with them. So, it was tricky, but also fun. Another thing I enjoyed sketching here was the hair. I rarely try to curl my hair, but here my sister-in-law did it for me. My hair is very straight, it does not hold a curl well, but sometimes it is fun to give it a try.
![]() |
| Fashion illustration based on an outfit I wore for a wedding in November 2015 |
Below you can have another peak of some of the other illustrations (all drawn on the same paper). Some are summer looks, some are autumn and winter looks. Can you guess which ones are what? Well, you can just check the links and see in case you're curious. Do you have any favourites among these illustrations. When it comes to the two fashion illustration based on my looks, I'd say my favourite is the wedding guest look drawing. I think I could have done a better job with illustrating the outfit with the jeans. Well, maybe some other time.
Ever since I started this fashion blog, fashion illustration was a part of it. That is because I have been making fashion illustrations since I was kid. Below are some links you might want to check out if you are interested in my fashion illustration journey. I have around 225 fashion illustrations post on this little place to call my own!
81) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/10/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna_11.html
82) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/06/fashion-illustration-friday-my.html
83) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/02/fashion-illustration-wednesday.html
84)https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/02/fashion-illustration-of-day-green-dress.html
85) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/02/my-fashion-illustration-of-day-moja.html
86) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/03/fashion-illustration-friday-winter-to.html
87) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/04/fashion-illustration-friday-spring-in.html
88) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/12/fashion-illustration-friday-mint-blazer.html
89) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/06/vivianne-westwood-spring-2017-ready-to.html
90) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/08/fashion-illustration-of-day-girly.html
And that's a hundred...but there is more. It is crazy to look at these numbers and see how many fashion drawings and illustrations I have created over the years.
101) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/08/fashion-drawing-of-day-purple-and-red.html
102) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/12/sunday-is-for-simplicity-modna.html
103) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/05/making-of-acrylic-painting-fashion.html
104) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2014/12/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna.html
105) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/02/painting-of-day-choker-necklace-slika.html
106) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/10/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna_83.html
107) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/04/what-makes-dress-perfect.html
108) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/06/nina-badric-u-haljini-matije-vuice.html
109) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2015/08/illustration-of-day-ilustracija-dana.html
110) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/02/monday-fashion-illustration-versace.html
111) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/04/fashion-illustration-friday-ballpoint.html
112) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/11/art-update-fashion-illustrations.html
113) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/01/fashion-illustration-of-day-green-coat.html
114) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/01/fashion-illustration-of-day-winder.html
115) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/01/making-of-fashion-illustration-crtanje.html
116) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/07/fashion-illustration-friday-red-summer.html
117) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/09/fashion-illustration-of-day-true-red.html
118) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/07/fashion-illustration-art-friday-new.html
119) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2015/12/moje-modne-ilustracije-my-fashion.html
120) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/12/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna.html
121) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/04/customizing-notebook-with-hand-drawn.html
122) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/01/creating-flower-fantasy-with-help-of.html
123) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/10/fashion-illustration-friday-autumn-and.html
124) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/07/fashion-illustration-friday-summer-is.html
125) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/06/fashion-giveaway-winner-announcement.html
126) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/08/summer-isnt-over-yet-my-new-fashion.html
127) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/12/art-update-watercolour-pencil-female.html
128) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/11/fashion-illustration-friday-gucci.html
129) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2025/02/fashion-illustration-friday-black-with.html
130) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/10/fashion-illustration-friday-inspired-by.html
131) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/02/friday-fashion-illustration-two.html
132) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/02/fashion-illustration-wednesday-faux-fur.html
134) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2026/02/friday-fashion-illustration-new-sage.html
135) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/08/fashion-illustration-friday-hat-obsessed.html
136) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/01/friday-fashion-illustarion-dior-d-and.html
137) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/making-of-fashion-illustration-girl-in.html
138) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/06/fashion-location-illustration-of-day.html
138) ://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/fashion-illustration-friday-how-to.html
139) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2025/04/a-fashion-illustration-of-myself.html
140) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/02/a-girl-in-red-gown-fashion-illustration.html
150) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2025/02/fashion-illustration-friday-9-ways-to.html
151) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2014/12/illustration-of-day-ilustracija-dana.html
152) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2015/05/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna_7.html
153) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/illustrating-runaway-look-from-miu-miu.html
154) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/illustrating-catwalk-look-from-louis.html
155) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/08/ivanas-fashion-illustration-friday-new.html
156) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/11/fashion-illustration-pretty-in-pink.html
157) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/06/bookworm-girls-wearing-yellow-dresses.html
158) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/art-giveaway-win-3-original-watercolour.html
159) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/06/happy-first-day-of-summer-my.html
160) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/12/fashion-illustration-friday-my.html
161) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/05/making-of-fashion-illustration.html
161) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/02/fashion-illustration-mini-dress-from.html
162) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/12/fashion-illustrations-of-day-red-red.html
163) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/12/fashion-illustration-purple-gown-from.html
164) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/illustrating-catwalk-look-from-stella.html
165) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-make-3d-fashion-illustration.html
166) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/03/new-art-and-fashion-illustrations.html
167) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-make-fashion-illustration-kako.html
168) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/01/for-love-of-drawing-how-i-learned-to.html
169) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/10/fashion-illustration-of-day-how-to-save.html
170) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2024/12/an-earth-toned-outfit-for-visiting.html
171) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/02/fashion-illustration-zuhair-murads-blue.html
172) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/01/fashion-illustration-of-day-olive.html
173) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/12/from-sketch-to-painting-fashion.html
174) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/12/fashion-illustration-carolina-herrera.html
175)https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/02/friday-fashion-illustration-fashion.html
176) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/08/friday-fashion-illustration-new-autumn.html
177) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2025/08/friday-fashion-illustration-cherry.html
178) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/my-fashion-illustrations-something-new.html
179) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/08/fashion-illustration-friday-red.html
180) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/croatian-fashion-week-mateyaneira.html
181) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/09/fashion-illustration-friday.html
182) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/fashion-illustration-dress-from.html
183) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2026/01/friday-fashion-illustration-be.html
184) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/05/fashion-sketches-of-day-drawing-with.html
185) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/12/fashion-illustration-friday-d-spring.html
186) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/09/fashion-illustrations-of-day-rihanna.html
187) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/02/fashion-illustration-friday-magenta-coat.html
188) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/02/fashion-illustration-sunday-winter-chic.html
189) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-fashion-illustration-modern.html
190) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/08/fashion-illustration-of-day-modna.htm
200) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/what-i-drew-today-fashion-illustrations.html
201) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/04/fashion-illustration-friday-peak-into.html
202) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/01/fashion-illustration-of-day-location.html
203) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2026/01/friday-fashion-illustration-thank-you.html
204) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/10/fashion-illustration-friday-talk-10.html
205) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2021/02/fashion-and-location-illustration.html
206) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/fashion-illustration-of-day-inspired-by.html
207) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2026/02/friday-fashion-illustration-hvar-town.html
208) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/03/new-fashion-illustrations-pink-and.html
209) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/01/new-fashion-illustrations-louis-vuitton.html
210) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2015/10/fashion-illustrations-of-day-modne.html
211) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/03/inspired-bydolce-runaway-look-from.html
212) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/01/fashion-illustration-of-day-simplicity.html
213) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2016/08/drawing-of-day-crtez-dana.html
214) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-fashion-illustration-of-day.html
215) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/04/fashion-illustrations-of-way-purple.html
216) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2020/12/fashion-illustration-and-outfit-of-day.html
217) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2017/02/inspired-by-dolce-spring-2016.html
218) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2022/09/yoga-and-pilates-fashion-illustration.html
219) https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2018/04/should-we-retouch-our-art-or-not-never.html
![]() |
-----
The brunette in a green dress (drawing)
I drew this one without a clear plan in my head. She's wearing a structured green dress, and some head jewellery. She's dancing...either that or practising marshal arts. Who knows? I'll leave it to your interpretation. I really like how this drawing turned out. Below you can see the making of process.
Below you can see how this sketch progressed.
Why does she make me think of fantasy heroine?
A lady in wearing blue, purple and yellow
After that, we have this summery vibe sketch. The lady illustrated below is wearing a fun head piece and a fabulous dress and cape.
With that, we'll wrap this post for today. Thank you for reading and following.













Comments
Post a Comment
You may email me for any questions or business inquires.