FRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATION: RED PUFFER AND SUNGLASSES

Hello! It's time for another Friday Fashion illustration. See the last post in my fashion illustrating series here. This time I'm sharing an illustration of an outfit I actually wore. This fashion illustration wasn't without dilemmas. I sketched it with watercolour pencils and added water like I usually do, but it looked too plain so I added some finishing touches with acrylic paints. In the end, it turned out alright. I would probably change some things if I were to do it again.  I didn't really settle for one photograph as a reference but did a looser impression of the outfit. If I were to paint this outfit again, I would  probably choose one photograph and stick with it. Anyhow, I revamped the illustration for my redbubble art shop by editing it with some of my rose art and titled it A Girl Lost in Roses. Not really related to my hiking trip but I've been doing a lot of floral designs for my redbubble shop so I wanted to keep up the rose theme. You will be able to see that revamped version of the illustration at the end of this post. Scroll down to see more. 
THE MAKING OF THE ILLUSTRATION- WORKING WITH WATERCOLOUR PENCILS 
I've prepared a work in progress collage with you as well as a photo taken before and after I added the finishing touches with acrylic paints. 




THE STORY OF MY HIKING OUTFIT
This is what I wore for hiking in Goranci village. Once again I shopped my closet. I had all of these clothing  items for a while and will link them up to prove it. Sustainable fashion reasons and all that. 
THE RED PUFFER- from Umbro, see how I styled it here and here.  I bought it back in 2012 or 2013, so it is holding up pretty well. I don't reach for it often because we don't have a need for such warm & thick puffers often. However, it was perfect for a visit to Goranci (a village with a higher altitude than Mostar and therefore colder). Still, I reckon this is the last time I will be wearing this red puffer in 2021 (unless I go skiing somewhere or something like that). 
THE SKATER DRESS- from outlet store Azel. I bought it a long time ago. I'm sure it appeared on the blog before but I haven't been able to find it so I will link up later, when I find it.
THE TURTLENECK- from New Yorker (if I remember well). I layered it under this dress for warmth, something I did here  and here as well. 
THE LEOPARD LEGGINGS- from Croatian brand Moda in (not sure does it exist anymore). See how I styled them here
THE BROWN BOOTS- see how I styled them here






MORE FASHION ILLUSTRATION POSTS -HERE and.... DIGITAL RETOUCHING WITH PAINT 3D,  LADY IN A LILAC DRESS and BALL PAINT FASHION ILLUSTRATION.  FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: WATERCOLOUR PENCILS -IVANA'S FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAYFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: INSPIRED BY COLOURS OF AUTUMNA GIRL IN A RED GOWN: FASHION ILLUSTRATION OF THE DAY-CUSTOMIZING A NOTEBOOK WITH A FASHION ILLUSTRATIONFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATING A BLACK DRESS FROM DOLCE & GABBANA COLLECTION10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR FASHION ILLUSTRATION SKILLS- HOW TO CREATE A 3D FASHION ILLUSTRATION DRESS WITH DRY FLOWERS?- FRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATION: HAT OBSESSED -FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY INSPIRED BY SUMMER STYLE- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: SUMMER TO AUTUMN TRANSITION- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATED TOTE BAGS-FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HAT OBSESSED - FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: NEW AUTUMN INSPIRED ART FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: MY INSPIRATIONS FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: DECEMBER

MORE LINKS IN CASE YOU WANT TO CHECK MORE OF MY ART: 

Thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely Easter weekend!

Comments

  1. Te queda genial ese look y tu boceto te salio muy lindo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit for a hike and I love how you added the roses in the illustration at the end for your shop! :)

    Hope you are having a good Easter weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ivana, I hope you're doing fantastic!

    I saw some of these mini portraits previously on your IG and they look fantastic, another great surface to portrait your creativity and actually it helps you to get creative in order to adapt your work to new formats! The result is so detailed and I love that you used your own photo as reference.

    Sadly we are saying goodbye to puffers, sweaters and coats.... at least I'll try to wear them a few more days if possible. Your outfit is on point and excellent for an adventurous trip!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. I'm trying to wear all my cute puffers before it gets too warm for them. ;)

      Delete
  4. Sarà che amo il rosso, ma questo è uno dei tuoi lavori più belli!
    Buona Pasqua tesoro!!!

    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are wearing re-mixed items from your wardrobe for your hike and the vivid colours of your fashion illustration. Thank you for sharing, and have a fantastic Easter weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how well the puffer came out in the painting, but I'm most entranced by the reflection in the sunglasses. Another great painting, Ivana. I hope you are having a good Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Shades And A$$ Kicking Boots - Way Cool - Big Hugs

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing sketch and love the photos :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)