FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: A VINTAGE LEATHER JACKET

It's time or another Fashion Illustration Friday. If you like my fashion illustrations, you're in the right place. I've started this regular feature on my blog in 2013 so basically almost a decade ago. Over the years I've shared a fair number of my fashion illustrations. I've always enjoyed making fashion illustrations and had some really fun experiences thanks to this little hobby of mine. I'm happy that fashion illustration is a part of my blog journey. In fact, I think opening and having a fashion blog is what inspired me to experiment with my fashion illustration style- and well my art style in general.   Today I'll share with you a single fashion illustration. I actually sketched this one today. As you may see, I illustrated one of my own outfits. I really enjoyed wearing this rock chic outfit back in January and I wore a similar version of it in February as well.  Scroll bellow for more information.

ABOUT THE PAINTING PROCESS- THE MAKING OF A FASHION ILLUSTRATION
One of the reasons why I decided to illustrate this outfit is because I liked the pose. I mean I like the outfit as well. In fact, I have just realized that 'wonder woman' pose works particularly well with this fabulous leather jacket. I don't have a lot to say about the sketching process itself. The illustration is slightly elongated in proportion as you would expect from a fashion illustration. Personally, I don't have a preference when it comes to proportion. Sometimes I draw fashion illustrations using realistic proportion that is eight times the head, sometimes I use the ten times proportion. This one was a mix of the two, it's about nine I think, so it's slightly elongated.   All in all, this was a pretty quick fashion watercolour sketch. The art supplies used are watercolour pencils by Staedtler  (not sponsored) and paper from a sketchbook whose brand I'm not familiar with. A no name sketchbook if you will. Bellow I prepared a collages that shows you the three stages of making a fashion illustration with watercolour pencils. The process is logical. First I drew the general outline, then I added more details and finally I added water. Obviously if I had used coloured pencils I would omit the adding of water with a brush. You have probably noticed that I often use watercolour pencils for my fashion illustrations. It is for a variety of reasons, but mostly because they enable me to work quickly and anywhere. Watercolour pencils are easily portable, you can sketch in one place and add water later on. They can be quite practical medium for sure. 



OUTFIT DETAILS- HOW I WORE IT BEFORE? You know I love to promote being sustainable. All of these items I've had for some time, only the flare leggings are relatively new but I've already got a lot of wear from them. They look a lot like my cord flares (but are more comfy) so styling them is a no brainer. I wanted to wear this pair of flared (imitation cord) leggings with my leather jacket but I wasn't sure how to go about it, I felt like I needed another layer. I solved this problem by wearing a mesh coat under my jacket (plus a Levi's long sleeved tee if I remember well). I also wore additional pair of leggings under this flared pair for extra warmth. 
THE BAKER BOY CAP (OLD PLUS DIY)- LAST WORN HERE.
THE BLACK LEATHER JACKET (VINTAGE)- LAST WORN HERE
THE BLACK MESH LONG COAT (OLD)-  LAST WORN HERE
THE BLACK FLARE LEGGINGS (NEW YORKER)- LAST WORN HERE
THE POINTY BOOTS (OLD)- LAST WORN HERE
THE BELTED BLACK BAG (BORSA)- LAST WORN HERE

LOCATION:  MOSTAR CITY KOSACHA. These Japanese cherry trees are always the first to blossom. They often blossom in January, confused by our warm Mediterranean climate. 
MORE POSTS ABOUT MOSTAR CITY (BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA)




ARE YOU FEELING CREATIVE? HERE ARE 20 FUN  STAY AT HOME FASHION  IDEAS
The weekend is upon us. In case you have decided to stay in and not risk catching anything out there (or you just don't feel like facing crowds), here are some fun fashion ideas you can do at home. 

1. BROWSE YOUR CLOSET AND FIGURE OUT WHAT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU
This is something we should all do every so often because it helps us to familiarize ourselves with our closets and ultimately it can lead to us  shopping our closet's more effectively.  Shopping one's closet is one of the best things we can do for the environment. If you're staying in this weekend, this might be  the perfect opportunity for to finally try on all the clothes you have in your closet. Figure out what looks good on you and what doesn't. 
2. ORGANIZE AND CLEAN YOUR CLOSET
Organization can help when we want to maximize the clothes we own. I have to admit my closets are a mess sometimes. Fortunately, there is my blog to remind me of  clothing items to re- wear. Yes, I need to learn how to be more orderly. However, even if you are good at organizing your clothes, you can still take some time this weekend to figure out ways to make your closet space more efficient.
3. IRON OR MEND YOUR CLOTHES
This is another of my own advice that I need to take. In fact, I plan on doing some mending tomorrow. Do you iron and mend your clothes regularly? Why not pick up something to mend this weekend? Do you know that beautiful delicate pleated dress that you've been meaning to iron for ages? Well, now might be the perfect time to do it. Do you know that sweater you adore but you keep forgetting there is a hole in it that you need to take care of? Do it now. If you have any blazers whose buttons have fallen out and need to be replaced, well this is the time to do it.
4.  LEARN HOW TO DO FASHION ILLUSTRATION AND/OR MAKE SOME FASHION SKETCHES
Have you always admired fashion illustrators? Why not learn more about it? I have ton of fun projects related with fashion illustrations on my blog. Go hit that search button on the right or follow some of my fashion illustration links bellow. 
5. WATCH ALL THE RUNAWAY SHOWS YOU WANTED BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO
If you're staying in this weekend, it might be a good time to watch all those fashion shows you didn't have the time to watch before. Sit back and enjoy some wonderful fashion designs. See both new and old fashion shows. Find inspiration. We can go into hibernation mood during winter, forgetting how fun winter fashion can be. You don't have to wait for spring, start wearing fun things now. Not that you cannot look forward to spring and this takes me to my next fashion idea. 
6. FIGURE OUT SPRING AND SUMMER FASHION, PREPARE YOURSELF IN ADVANCE
Why not use this weekend to prepare for spring and summer? Now, this doesn't have to have anything to do with trends. You may study the trends or just ignore them completely and think of your future spring and summer outfits. Whatever inspires you and gets your fashion mojo on. 
7. DIY FASHION PROJECTS,  PAINT ON CLOTHES OR MAKE ACCESSORIES FROM OLD CLOTHES AND SCRAPS
Nothing is better than some creative projects. Winter is a good time for DIY fashion projects. Why not try making something new and creative from things you have at home? If you're not creative, then look for help and inspiration online. There are a lot of creative people who don't mind sharing their ideas with you, you know.
8. READ FASHION MAGAZINES  AND FASHION BLOGS ONLINE
Obviously, while you're staying in, one of ways you can use your time is by reading fashion magazines and blogs. Maybe you already do it on everyday basis. Indulge in browsing fashion blogs this winter. 
9.  STUDY THE COLOUR ANALYSIS AND FIND FLATTERING COLOURS FOR YOURSELF
Colour theory is something always useful to know more about. Have you been interested in the colour theory but haven't managed to find the time? Why not figure out what are the best colours for you this weekend? Those long winter nights can be the perfect time to study and research the colour analysis and figure out what tonalities fit your skin and hair.
10. READ FASHION BOOKS
Reading fashion books is another fun fashion related thing to. I've blogged about some of my favourite fashion reads before, for example HOW TO BE PARISIAN WHEREVER YOU ARE? & LOVE X STYLE X LIFE
11. EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT THE HISTORY OF FASHION OR A PARTICULAR DESIGNER; DO SOME FASHION RESEARCH
Education is always a worthy pursuit. Why not use this time to learn more about the history of fashion or about some designer you always wanted to know more about? You can also research the possible future of fashion.
12. LEARN HOW TO SEW FOLLOWING ONLINE EDITORIALS
Why not learn how to sew? You can start with really easy stuff and work your way from there.  Don't underestimate yourself. Learning new things and developing new skills is always good for our well-being. Education and skills are worth investing in because it's something that can be taken away from us. Sewing is an useful skill and one can always advance in. Speaking of that, I need to learn more about sewing myself. 
13. TRY ON DIFFERENT HAIRSTYLES OR MAKE UP LOOKS
Why not experiment with different hairstyle or make up looks this weekend? You can finally learn to braid or curl your hair. You can try styling your hair in a variety of ways. Similarly, you can experiment with make up.
14. MAKE A FOLDER WITH ALL YOUR OLD OUTFITS AND STUDY THEM
One of the advantages of having a blog is that you basically have your own online diary. However, if you don't have a blog, you can consider making a folder on your computer and putting your best or worst outfits in there. Analyze your style and figure out what works for you. You can also make different folders for different styles and keep your fashion inspiration in there.
15. SIT DOWN AND ANALYZE YOUR STYLE, FIND YOUR INNER FASHION ANIMAL
Spending time at home can get boring so why not sit down and try to really analyze your style and clothes. How do your clothes make you feel and why? What is really important to you? How do you use clothes? Is there a style that makes you particularly happy? Is there a clothing item you love? You can learn a lot about yourself by analyzing your clothes. A bit of soul searching might be just what you need in times likes these.
16. RESEARCH SUSTAINABILITY IN FASHION AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO IT
You can also think about ways to make your fashion choices more sustainable. Read about it, write down notes and think about what strategies would work best for you.
17. WATCH FASHION DOCUMENTARIES AND FILMS
Take this time to watch fashion documentaries and films. There are some really good ones out there.
18. VISIT FASHION EXHIBITIONS ONLINE
There are many museums that are open for the option of virtual viewing and visiting if you are keen on staying in. Some of them have fashion exhibitions you can visit online (see more here).
19. CREATE YOUR OWN BEST DRESSED LIST FOR THE LAST DECADE
Write down your own best dressed list for the last decade.  It does't have to be about celebs. You can do one for yourself too or for your friends or for all of you. Turn it into a social game.
20. CREATE A FASHION QUIZ AND ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO TAKE IT
Create a fashion quiz and invite your friends to take it or make up a fashion game with them, why not?
Thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely weekend!

Comments

  1. Awesome list of ideas! So inspiring! Such a great outfit to use for your art, as well. So happy to find your Friday post. Hope you are staying well, and you are enjoying the warm days there. Thanks for showing us the art process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! Great look! I really enjoyed what you created. So cool in black. Love the Japanese blossoms. Such great shades and that is a very cool cap! Happy weekend! Thanks for the splendid post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of ideas:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Partiamo dal tuo look che è bellissimo, l'illustrazione è meravigliosa e quell'albero fiorito è incantevole!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so cool how you do fashion illustrations of yourself and your outfits. Yeah fashion illustrations are usually elongated. It is funny clearing out my moms house I found some fashion illustrations I did in high school I think. I don't even remember doing them and some are super 80s styled lol. But I think I was sketching from an image or something. But they were kind of fun.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit so much, and the illustration is great!! I think I need to try and copy this outfit. The bootcut shape of the pant is so flattering, and of course black.......love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bootcut is often extremely flattering, especially in black.

      Delete
  7. Gracias por los consejos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun outfit and illustration - you're right the pose shows off the detail on the jacket so beautifully! :) I like how you layered this outfit too.


    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit, it's so edgy and elegant. Your illustrations are wonderful too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! So cool, dearest Ivana - your outfit, the photos and the illustration!
    All the best,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/02/mutze-shawl-gloves-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool outfit and how amazing are your illustrations, i loved so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. That outfit is so cool and has oodles of rock chick vibes. Your illustration of it is another triumph too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the addition of the mesh layer ovber your cords and under your moto jacket, such an interesting look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the mesh layer does add interest to it, doesn't it?

      Delete
  14. This outfit is utterly badass, Ivana! It looks so good - and I love the accompanying illustration. The net skirting is really interesting and elevates this from the classic moto styling.

    Those are some fun ideas! I just finished my Peacock Jacket, so stay tuned for that post tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I have seen the Peacock Jacket and I'm very impressed, it's simply magnificent.

      Delete
  15. The sleek shall inherit the earth! Looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)