FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: SUMMER VIBES

Hello dear readers! I had some technical problems yesterday, so I wasn't able to publish my Friday Fashion Illustration post on time. Therefore, the post shall get published today (fingers crossed because my computer froze on me again while I was writing this post). Anyhow, today's post is going to be all about summer vibes. We're going to hang out on my balcony for a bit. Do you see these fashion illustrations I'm holding in the first picture? I actually already shared some of these before, but in the meantime I decided to cut them out. I remember making and then playing with this type of DIY  'paper Barbie dolls' when I was little, so why not do it today and keep up the fashion tradition? I think I mentioned quite a few times on this blog that fashion illustration was something I did even when I didn't know what it was called. I used to always doodle outfits in my notebooks (and even handbooks). I remember doing fashion illustrations in Paint on my old computer back in the nineties and printing them out.  I have actually made a lot of these paper fashion illustrations for one artistically inclined child in my family recently. I have many ideas for doing fashion illustration with kids and adults. I was even thinking of organizing some fashion illustration workshops on volunteer basis, but with this pandemic I postponed those plans for now. Maybe later on in the summer I will manage to organize something. Alternatively, I could also do a open zoom workshop for everyone. What do you think about that idea? Sure, I'm not a professional but it would be just for fun anyway. 


Above you can see me chilling on my balcony with my fashion illustrations. If you look a bit more closely at the girl in the red bikini (acrylic sketch), you'll see centimetres marked by the sides. I drew this one as a pencil sketch to have as a reminder of elongated measures used in fashion illustration (the realistic depiction of human body is eight times the head and in fashion illustration ten times the head is the usual measurement). I wanted to have one 'fashion illustration body' as a  reference. I painted over the pencil sketch with some left over acrylics later on- and it looks more interesting. I always paint something fun when I have left over acrylics. Last minute illustrations can be as fun as last minute outfits. Bellow is a photograph of one such styling i.e. my Friday outfit ( taken in front of a local restaurant). 


Remember when I illustrated this blouse? I changed the colours a bit but look the bag is recognizable. 


When I went for dinner with my husband to a local restaurant, I switched my home sandals with high heeled sandals and was ready to roll. These wood and leather sandals are so comfy (see 20 ways to style them here). I wish I bought multiple pairs when I had the chance. Sometimes in life it happens that the fashion gods smile on you and you find the perfect pair of summer sandals. I bought many similar models since then but none comes close to this one. I included photographs of another styling with this pair of sandals and the legendary blue pleated dress I got over 30 wears with (and the number just keeps going up). I'm good at this sustainable fashion stuff. As you can see for the outfit bellow I styled this skirt and sandals with a pale yellow shirt (the colour theory is right, you cannot wear pale yellow if you have olive skin- look at how tired my face looks!). I tried to remind the pale yellow with DIY necklaces but it still didn't work against my skin. It's a shame. I love pale and pastel yellow. Well, I guess I'll just have to paint something over this t-shirt to make it more lively. 


CHILLING AT MY BALCONY- MY HOME OFFICE IN THE AFTERNOON
The summer has arrived and with full force. During the morning, it's too hot to hang out on my balcony but in the afternoon and evening, it's the place to be. Once the sun is not so strong, this gets turned to my home office. I love to sketch, illustrate or read here. I managed to finally grow some plants on this balcony. Right now I have a lavender plant, an orange tree, a lemon tree, some succulents and even some flowers. I'm happy to finally have some plant life here. 

MY REVIEW FOR THIS GARANCE DORE'S BOOK HERE.

REMEMBER WHEN I ILLUSTRATED FASHION BLOGGERS PAOLA AND SELVAGGIA? 





FOLLOW THE LINKS BELLOW TO VISIT MY OTHER POSTS FOCUSING ON FASHION ILLUSTRATION

My last post in this category was all about painting on hardboard.  Before that I re-imagined my magenta coat as a dress and illustrated it that way in this post. I also illustrated a forest a little bit. Sometimes I like to make the location a part of my fashion illustration. You can also peak into my recent sketches in this sketchbook art post.  You can find even more illustrations from my sketchbook here



MORE ART TO COME......bellow you can see a little peak at some other art projects I'm currently working on. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend ahead!

Comments

  1. I love your top, it's so cute. I remember this skirt and it looks stunning on you. Happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great top! Love the illustrations! & your braids too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoring your summer style. Great heels too! So love he plant life. Always great to have plants around! Love your inspiration! Hope you have a great month of enjoying all your art projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing my dear! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, my favourite blue skirt. I think you look great in the pale yellow - I don't think you look tired, Ivana.

    I adore your outdoor space - what a lovely area to read and do art! Your water paintings are my favourites, but I enjoy seeing you challenge yourself with your fashion drawings. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fashion drawings can be a lot of fun too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)