FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: GREEN DRESS

Hello dear readers and/or fellow bloggers! How's life treating you? Today I'm back with a fashion illustration depicting a brunette in a green dress. The medium for this illustration is watercolour pencils  (Staedtler brand) on recycled lasagna packaging (yes, really). Obviously this cardboard isn't ideal for art, but I like a good challenge and I like to recycle. The cardboard used for packaging products these days feels plastic but that's the way it is. I gave it a try and it turned out well. I'm actually thinking of using this fashion illustration as a bookmark. Maybe I should gift it to someone. Now, that is what I would call a successfully upcycled bookmark. I also used played a bit with digital effects to make new versions of this fashion illustration. Scroll down to see more of my art process. 
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
DRAWING AND PAINTING WITH WATERCOLOUR PENCILS- THE PROCESS
Bellow you can see two collages I made specifically to show you the process of working with watercolour pencils. As you can see, first I sketched the girl and then I applied water with a brush to turn it into a watercolour illustration. When you work with watercolour pencils, you can always choose to apply more water if you want it to look like a proper watercolour art. You can also apply just a bit of water to keep it looking like an illustration or a sketch. That's the benefit of a watercolour pencils as a medium, you can play with the amount of water you want on your final painting or illustration.
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
A WATERCOLOUR PENCIL FASHION ILLUSTRATION: DIGITAL RETOUCHING
Bellow you have another collage, but this one shows you how I turned the watercolour pencil fashion illustration into digital art. As typical of me, I used a watercolour brush in Paint 3D program (that I have installed on my computer). I made the background more colourful and then I applied new layers of paint on the illustration itself, being careful not to ruin it. I actually haven't added that much paint digitally, it was more about stressing the colours that were already there. 
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration #art #digitalart
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration #cat
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
#greendress #fashionsketch #cat #funnycats
MY FASHION ILLUSTRATION ON REDBUBBLE
I uploaded this illustration to my Redbubble shop IvanaKada (in its digital version) and choose the format and the design for different products (fun, but so time consuming). Now it is available on a variety of products. You can buy it in a form of stickers, postershardcover journal, art board print etc. 
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustration
FACE MASK (for general public not for medical professions) /RELAXED FIT T-SHIRT 
#redbubble #printedclothes #prints #t-shirts
4. GRAPHIC T-SHIRT DRESS

Thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. You are very creative my dear, nice illustration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing and loving the cat <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So brilliant, I love these!! Hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a way with your sketches Ivana!! I love the way it shows up on the shirts.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful
    Hope you are having a great weekend?
    Thank you for sharing
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/07/long-sleeve-grey-bodycon-mini-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful drawing. It actually looks great as a theme on a T-shirt or mask :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I always love seeing how you incorporate fashion into real life pictures!! I really like the tone of the green. Perfect for the weather. I need to learn how to use watercolor pencils! I really like the different touchups that you did. OMG.... The cat in your picture looks exactly like my cat who recently died. That is so crazy. Thanks for sharing this print! Oooh so cute on different outfit renders!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tomcat belongs to my landlady. He is a very timid creature, whenever I give him food I have to stay with him because he is to afraid to eat alone. His owner says he has been like that since he has been a kitten- she found him somewhere.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear about your cat, though. :(

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, that looks good on the black Tshirt

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to see how this fashion illustration developed from your initial sketch to a watercolour illustration and, ultimately, digital art. And I love how you used recycled lasagna packaging! Obviously, it would make a wonderful bookmark, but judging from your redbubble examples, it would lend itself to endless possibilities. I especially love the idea of the face mask! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jako mi se sviđa ta nijansa zelene i kako si je kombinirala s ružičastom torbicom. POsebno mi je cool uzorak na maski za lice. Jako lijepo i kreativno.

    New Post - https://www.bibliothequeduparfums.com/2020/07/carner-barcelona-tardes.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your illustration looks striking as a garment and I love the idea of using a pizza box as a sketch pad!
    How cute is that ginger cat? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, he is cute but seems to be afraid of everything the poor thing. He belongs to our landlady, she found him as a kitten and says he has always been this way. Something must have frightened him badly when he was a kitten. :(

      Delete
  12. Innanzitutto mi piace tantissimo il disegno, lo vedo bene sia su una mascherina che sulla T SHirt, sei proprio brava Ivana!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented to be able to illustrate as well as that, it's a cute illustration xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun idea to use leftover packaging for your art, and it turned out so well too, it's fun you can have it made into face masks! They still aren't recommending face masks here unless you are sick so they aren't worn a lot, but in one of our other states there is an outbreak and so they are asking people to wear masks. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we are asked to wear masks in our state!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :) We had our first birthday party yesterday after the relaxed restrictions and it was so much fun!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed a birthday party.

      Delete
  15. Such a nice writing. The style you have narrated is simple beautiful and well authored. The quality of writing can be seen from the beginning until the end.
    petite clothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your generic, vague and probably automatic comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

TWO SPORTY FLORAL OUTFITS FEATURING STRIPED STARTAS SNEAKERS