FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ISLAND HVAR EDITION

Time for another Fashion Friday Feature. Fashion illustration has been a hobby for me for a long time. I've pretty much been illustrating fashionable ladies since I can remember. I even used to make paper Barbies when I was a kid- that was fun! Anyhow, over the years, I tried out various styles of fashion illustrating, some more classic, some more artistic and whimsical. I've never attempted digital art, but with a bit of help from editing magic, today I moved some of my fashion illustration to island Hvar. You could say that I let my illustrated gals enjoy some sunshine. I like mixing up my fashion art with my travel photography. I don't do typical digital art, but I sometimes like to add digital effects to my fashion art. Scroll down to see and more.

MANY WAYS TO DO FASHION ILLUSTRATION
When it comes to fashion illustration, I haven't done it all, but I've done and tried out a lot of things. Starting with the mediums, I have tried it all: markers, pencils, watercolour, watercolour pencils, acrylics, pens, markers and even oil paints. I've also done a lot of mixed media and collage projects over the years. I created fashion illustrations with the helps of scarps, dried and fresh flowers and pretty much anything I could get my hands on. I have illustrated runaway looks by both famous and less known designer, fashion bloggers and inspiring individuals. I was never afraid to experiment and so far I have created a ton of fashion illustrations, sketches, doodles and even some fashion paintings. I'm always looking for ways to develop my style and drawing skills. 

I think that we can all agree that as an adult, it is not easy to make time for hobbies that are complex or time consuming, but I'm so glad I not only tried my hand at fashion illustration but also stuck with it over the years. Fashion illustration was always something I enjoyed, but I only took it more seriously a few years ago. With work came some results and also: art I can hang on my walls. Today I'm feeling pretty happy about owing hundreds of original fashion illustrations. If you want to read a bit more about my art journey, here are links to my old posts: 
For those of you that might want to learn more about my fashion illustrations, I'll include some links from my previous Friday Fashion Illustration Posts:
You can order prints, posters and other products with my fashion illustration and art here. As always, thank you for reading and commenting. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. I love the third illustration and the one where you used real roses to create the dress. FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so nice to see how you have fun and try different things with your illustration - and any hobby that makes you happy is a good one! :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backdrops for your illustrations! It is such a colorful, stylish hobby. The dress of rose petals is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've never tried anything to do with digital art before and so I can imagine it must be quite fun to play around and experiment with! It's always fun to see your fashion illustrations :) Happy new Year!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post! I love your blog. Your content is very interesting < 3
    I am following you and invite you to me
    https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of colour! Very pretty designs.

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The illustration with flowers is my favourite. Beautiful xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fashion illustrations always inspire me!! You are trying many ways!
    I really love no.4 and no.5 because they make me feel a trip <3
    I am looking forward to seeing your new illustrations!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy reading a post that can make men and women think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!
    tucson seamstress alterations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Ivana, you are very talented. Great sketches :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these amazing illustrations!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. call of duty cheats

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems I'm running a bit behind in commenting, and that I skipped commenting on this post, which I must remedy now. I always loving seeing your fashion illustrations and I think you are a very talented, and many talented lady. I do agree with you that as an adult it is hard to make time - proper time - for a hobby and in fact, I'm always strapped for time myself. But I do admire the amount of things you manage to do, reading, hiking, fashion illustration and blogging, and all of that on top of your job! Hope you're having a great week, and I'll be catching up with your recent post as soon as I can! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)