FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LADY IN A LILAC DRESS (WATERCOLOUR PENCILS)

It's time for another Fashion Illustration Friday! I've arrived home late this evening but somehow I've still managed to create a new fashion illustration. I didn't wanted to miss another Fashion Illustration Friday, so I've sat down and illustrated a brunette wearing a lilac dress topped with red accessories. I've browsed runaway shots but haven't managed to find a runaway look I really wanted to illustrate in detail so I improvised and came up with my own design. I've felt drawn to different shades of purple recently and I always like to see red paired with purple. The medium for this fashion illustration is coloured pencils on paper. I'm quite happy with the result. It's been a while since I created a new fashion painting. I created quite a lot of collage art in the last two months, but I found it challenging to set aside for regular art since I moved. Scroll down to see more.
THE FIRST STEP: SKETCHING WITH WATERCOLOUR PENCILS
 I haven't even taken my painting gear with me when I moved to Croatia. I did remember to bring these watercolour pencils when I was home last but that is all. I've painted this on low quality supermarket store bought paper (there aren't any art shops in the vicinity) but it all worked out as you can see. You don't always need fancy stuff to paint. Sometimes you can improvise a bit. I'm not sure will I bring my painting equipment with me. I don't have that much space in the apartment and I'm renting and I'm not sure I'll have the time. This illustration was made in a rush as well. First I sketched it and then I started to fill it in. There are many ways to work with watercolour pencils. This time I opted to make my drawing look finished and only then did I move in with the brush and water.
THE SECOND STEP: APPLYING WATER WITH A BRUSH 
I wanted this fashion illustration to look like a regular watercolour painting so I made sure I use plenty of water. I have left some drawing lines visible but I softened most of them with water, going to that typical aquarelle look. This was the most fun part of the process with me. I missed working with a brush I have to say and I really enjoyed 'painting' this one. I accidentally used a regular red pencil (not a watercolour one) and only noticed it when I started to use water on it, but I then applied some watercolour red pencil on top of it and soften it with water. It turned out alright. 
 All in all, I'm happy with how this fashion illustration of a brunette in a lilac dress turned out. As I said, it is not really an illustration of a particular runaway look. I will probably get back to illustrating runaway creations soon. Not that I mind drawing my own creations. Let's say I find both illustrating with and without a reference equally interesting. I did use a photograph of a model walking down the runaway as a reference for the body position but I changed it up a bit and I didn't try to make my illustration similar to the model. The face expressions is all my imagination and I like how enigmatic it looks. She is a pretty lady, isn't she? Well dressed too, if I may say so. I have already uploaded this illustration in my Redbubble shop, so if you like it you can purchase it a form of a poster, a photographic print, framed print, a sticker and in many other shapes and forms. 
EXTRA LARGE & SMALL STICKERS/ FRAMED PRINT / POSTER /ART BOARD PRINT

If you like this fashion illustration and would like to see more, you are welcome to visit my previous Friday Fashion Illustration Posts:- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: WATERCOLOUR PENCILS -IVANA'S FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAYFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: INSPIRED BY COLOURS OF AUTUMNA GIRL IN A RED GOWN: FASHION ILLUSTRATION OF THE DAY-CUSTOMIZING A NOTEBOOK WITH A FASHION ILLUSTRATIONFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATING A BLACK DRESS FROM DOLCE & GABBANA COLLECTION10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR FASHION ILLUSTRATION SKILLS- HOW TO CREATE A 3D FASHION ILLUSTRATION DRESS WITH DRY FLOWERS?- FRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATION: HAT OBSESSED -FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY INSPIRED BY SUMMER STYLE- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: SUMMER TO AUTUMN TRANSITION- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATED TOTE BAGS-FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HAT OBSESSED - FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: NEW AUTUMN INSPIRED ART
-FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HVAR CITY
As always, thank you so much for setting aside some time for visiting and commenting on this little place of mine!

Comments

  1. So pretty! I love this purple. Looks lovely in that wall frame.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is a fantastic illustration fashion!
    Love the the design and color as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented Ivana! This is a awesome illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different fashion illustrations you have shared on your blog. You did a great job with incorporating the fashion looks with some real life shots. The headband looks amazing! Like the style of the dress. The color looks great as well. You did great with the coloring. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend~

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful illustration - I love how the finished dress looks after you added water! :) It's nice you found time for this even while you were busy!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This illustration is fantastic love the colours and patterns of outfit xoxo Cris
    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=3701

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Wonderful images. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love how you're taking us through your creative process, and I'm happy for you that you found the time to create another fashion illustration to treat us with. Purple and red together is very regal, and I would actually love the dress and belt your lady is wearing. She isn't looking very happy, though, but maybe she's just worried about the general state of affairs these days :-) Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend, Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe she is worried indeed. Lots to worry about these days.

      Delete
  9. Great work Ivana, you are very talented :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your design. The purple is really attractive and the shape works really well. The headscarf is really cool- I'd definitely wear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you show you don't need any special equipment. This turned out fabulous Ivana,
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this turned out. I also love the outfit you created. Purple and red really are a lovely combination when paired together. Hopefully we'll see more of it popping up

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I quite like this pairing as well.

      Delete
  13. I love the different backgrounds, especially the one with the lake! How nice the dress of the lady is - I like the Water-colour-effect of your drawing as well! Very pretty. Have a wonderful sunday, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Koji talent ti imaš! Divno :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this painting, dear Ivana! Yes, it is unbelievable you managed to do this painting as you came home late that day - but you are always an artits and your creativity never sleeps. Love especially the shades you have chosen, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to see more.
    Liebe Grüße, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your illustration is wonderful Ivana, love it!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very chic lady, dearest Ivana! I love her cool outfit in the beautiful color lilac!
    Hugs and wonderful spring-days,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2020/03/mein-tagebuch-vom-februar-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have played with watercolour pencils in my Zentangle art - you're inspiring me to get back to doing that! Lovely outfit on that lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brava Ivana, hai creato proprio un bel look, mi piace davvero tantissimo il contrasto di colori!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  20. This illustration is gorgeous, I love her outfit. The colour is wonderful :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful illustration.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cool illustration, babe- love all the pink!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello
    Let's say you improvised very well, I also love the colors purple and red together. Your illustration is as beautiful as if you were inspired by a catwalk model.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool paints dear! Great job!
    Have a wonderful day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely my favourite one so far! I really like the colours and the way that you've made the lines slightly geometrical - I really like the idea of having it as a print, and the photo depicting what it would look like is really nice. I like how you came up with your own design for this one, and the originality is really cool. Love it.

    Hope you're having a good week! :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I hope you're having a great week too.

      Delete
  26. Looks amazing! Great Work :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is fantastic! You are so talented ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool, you are very talented! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love your fashion illustration Friday!!
    Your illustration is so beautiful and collage is so exciting!
    Those music products are great with your sticker <3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so beautiful and your technique is amazing. For the first time I saw watercolour pencils and magic which happen when you put water. Thank you so much for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/03/la-prairie-cellular-treatment_5.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow. One of my favorite color

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty!! I'm already in love with the illustration. The dress looks so stylish and the combo of purple and red is just fabulous idea. Both are my favorite colors!
    You're so talented, girl! Keep them coming.

    Hugs,
    Epsita | https://www.thepositivewindow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I feel so happy when I see a new illustration from you :) I keep the ones you sent in my studio and they look lovely!

    It is good to set new challenges, keep doing the great job! In this illustration you picked such a nice colour!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I feel so happy when I see a new illustration from you :) I keep the ones you sent in my studio and they look lovely!

    It is good to set new challenges, keep doing the great job! In this illustration you picked such a nice colour!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Sights to see, places to visit (Ston, Croatia) / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti ( Ston, Hrvatska)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)