A SUMMER TRAVELLING OUTFIT IN YELLOW TONES

 Today I'll show you an outfit I wore for a ferry ride from Sucuraj (island Hvar)  to Drvenik. If you read my last post, you'll know that I painted this charming little port village (and more than once, I'll link my art up later).  Anyhow, today we're talking summer travel style. I already covered this topic in detail in this post from 2019, so I'll just share a few thoughts. Comfort is often a relative term when it comes to clothes.  It's not a matter of simply dividing clothing items into casual or formal. Some people feel best in gym clothes, other in suits or fancy dresses. There really are no rules. We define comfort differently.

 However, there are some practical concerns. No matter what your personal style might be, you'll want breathable and light clothing for travelling in summer. Protection against the sun is also a concern when travelling in summer and this can typically be addressed with a wide brim hat and sunglasses. I often wear pencil skirts and happy colours for travelling.  For practical reasons, I'm typically not fond of anything too short when it comes to travelling or using transport of any kind.

These photographs were taken on a rather difficult day last month. I won't go into detail but our stay on the island was cut short. We were there less than 24 hours and so many bad things managed to happen in that short amount of time. Sure, I put on a happy face for these photographs but I wasn't able to really relax and laugh about it until a few days after. Moreover, I had a terrible migraine the whole trip. I was therefore in a desperate need of some colour therapy and comfort. This outfit was just what I needed.


THE STORY OF MY OUTFIT- HOW I WORE IT BEFORE? I shopped my closet for this outfit. As I explained, I was in need of colour therapy. This pencil skirt has gotten a lovely pattern with pretty colours on it (and there's a big of golden yellow there). The yellow bag always cheers me up and this pale yellow V-neck t-shirt works well with it. Yellow is such a happy colour, isn't it? The tropical print sandals were chosen mostly for comfort but I also love the colours in the print. I think the contrast between the yellow top and (predominately) black skirt works well. What do you guys think?

THE STRAW HAT (old)- I bought this hat last year and I've gotten so much wear from it so far.  See how I wore it here and here.
THE YELLOW T-SHIRT - I can't remember where I bought this t-shirt (a relatively new purchase). You can see how I wore it here.
THE BLACK PRINTED  SKIRT- This skirt is second hand, but I'm not familiar with the brand. I was given this skirt, so I can't share the store either. See how I wore it here
THE YELLOW BAG- One of the most worn bags in my closet. See 45 ways to style this plastic yellow bag HERE. 
THE TROPICAL PRINT SANDALS- (Art brand) See 30 ways to style this pair of sandals HERE.






I will leave some links bellow, in case you want to have a look at 'TRAVEL WITH MY ART' series.




As always, thank you so much for reading, commenting and visiting. Take care!

Comments

  1. Great outfit and love the bag. Do you get seasick? I suffer badly and from travel sickness too! Unless I am driving.

    Sorry to hear it was a bad day. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I never get seasick but I sometimes get car sick.

      Delete
  2. Me encanta esa isla siempre que la muestras pinturas de ella yo suspiro. Lindo look . Y espero que las cosas mejoren. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great skirt! Love the hat too. In spite of the problems and a short trip, you certainly were inspired that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly a traveler! It's great to see what you wear. I so love the yellow bag! All the best to your health and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is perfect for traveling in summer! The yellow bag always looks so happy with you:) I am sorry you had not good during that time. I hope you are fine now, Ivana<3

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit and love the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect outfit you wore for your ferry ride, Ivana! That yellow bag is particularly gorgeous. I'm assembling some travel outfits for our upcoming holiday, and I've added quite a bit of yellow as well. I'm so sorry to hear your 24 hours on Island Hvar were particularly stressful, and I think it's very brave of you to have put on a smiley face for these photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love this yellow bag, it's so light and practical.

      Delete
  8. I like seeing the ferry - I'm very familiar with ferries like that! It reminds me of the one we take to go to Powell River, with cars in the open centre area.

    I am a big fan of yellow for Colour Therapy - love this pretty and practical outfit, Ivana. I like the pale yellow top, but feel like a deeper more saturated tone would work better (a very minor quibble!).

    I am so sorry that your trip was marred by your migraine and other issues. You are putting on a brave face, something we bloggers are so good at.

    Big hugs to you, my dear. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Pale yellow is not very becoming on my olive complexion, especially in the summer when I'm this tanned- a bright colour work work better. I was thinking of adding a bit of orange colour to this t-shirt, I have a bottle of orange textile paint somewhere.

      Delete
  9. Hey Ivana, so nice that you were able to take a ferry, I would love to go on a boat or a ship someday soon, specially in the waters of the Mediterranean!

    First of all I love the yellow tone you picked. This kind of yellow pastel tone looks so calm and relaxing, I bet you can also mix it with other pastels or neutrals and the result will be great too! the hat is the final touch or the cherry on top to this combination.

    On the other side sad to hear that you had some issues up in the boat, maybe you can repeat the experience one day :( At least you have magnificent photos!

    PS: the painting of the little island is so magical!

    All the best!
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I hope you get on board of ship one of these days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MARIA CALLAS

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE (BOOK REVIEW AND AN EARLY SPRING OUTFIT)