INSPIRED BY....BLOGGERS SHANAZ & MARISA

 EN Today it's time for another post in my INSPIRED BY... feature, a regular feature on my blog in which I choose bloggers to illustrate and recommend. Today I'll show you two fashion illustrations, one inspired by Shanaz from Reverie Sanctuary blog and the other by Marisa from Marisa's closet blog. Do visit their blogs, they are both beautiful, stylish and fabulous ladies with a talent for writing. Let's get started!

IT Danas je vrijeme za još jednu objavu mojoj rubrici NADHANUTA S ..., redovnom rubrikom na mom blogu u kojoj biram blogere koji će ih ilustrirati i preporučiti. Danas ću vam pokazati dvije modne ilustracije, jednu nadahnutu sa Shanaz s bloga Reverie Sanctuary, a drugu s Marisom s Marisa's closet bloga. Posjetite njihove blogove, obje su lijepe, elegantne i nevjerojatne dame s talentom za pisanje. Započnimo!

INSPIRED BY....SHANEZ (MAKING OF A FASHION ILLUSTRATION)

MEDIUM: WATERCOLOUR PENCILS ON MIXED MEDIA PAPER

To make this illustration I first sketched the general outline with watercolour pencils and then I added more details, again with watercolour pencils. Finally, I added water with a brush and softened it. The illustration ended up looking a bit unfinished, so I might give it another go when I find time. I cannot say that I'm completely satisfied with it just yet. Bellow you can see a collage of how it was made as well as check out the photo reference I used (from Shanaz's blog obviously).


INSPIRED BY.... MARISA (MAKING OF A FASHION ILLUSTRATION)

MEDIUM: ACRYLIC PAINTS ON MIXED MEDIA PAPER

I ran out of my fancy acrylic paints while painting this one, but I managed to find a small package of less quality acrylics and I used them to complete the painting. As you can see in the collages bellow, my art process was pretty standard. First I illustrated the look with a charcoal pencil and then I started adding more and more layers of acrylic paint until I was happy with the illustrated outfit and the background. Bellow you can see the making of process as well as the photo reference I used. 


IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER INSPIRED BY POSTS AND SEE WHAT OTHER BLOGGERS I HAVE ILLUSTRATED SO FAR:

 MY 4 MOST RECENT FASHION FRIDAY ILLUSTRATION POSTS: HERE,  HEREHERE AND HERE +MORE OF MY RECENT POST IN THE CATEGORY OF FRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATIONFRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATION: DIGITAL ART AND NEW SKETCHES,  FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: BLACK DRESS, GREY BLAZER AND BURGUNDY HEELS 


As always, thank you for reading and visiting. My art prints are available for purchase on Redbubble and Arthaus. Have a lovely day ahead!


Comments

  1. How lovely to honour your blogger friends this way! I can see why you were attracted to Shanaz' outfit - the colours are fantastic. I like the soft watercolours in that one. Marisa's picture is much more impressionistic, with its daubs of bolder colour. These are a wonderful way to stretch your artistic muscle, Ivana.

    And of course, YOUR outfit - that marigold yellow sweater is perfect on you (I covet it!), and I adore your funky tights! Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I actually layered two pair of tights, the burgundy on first and then I wore a pair of leopard ones above them. I did it to be warmer but it also looks cool.

      Delete
  2. Marisa ha sempre dei look originali e molto stilosi....ed un sacco di vestiti bellissimi!!!
    Mi piaccciono molto entrambe le illustrazioni, ma la seconda è la mia preferita: i colori e lo sfondo ne fanno quasi un quadro!
    Bravissima Ivana! :)
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preferisco la seconda,originale! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely illustrations! They are both stylish bloggers too, I can see why you were inspired by them! I like that you had fun using different materials too!

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great sketches of your friends :-D I remember that post from Marisa :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, these are beautiful! I do love it when you draw fashion bloggers and I think it is incredibly flattering for them to paint them! I'd definitely wear the red outfit. I look forward to the next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing how you interpret these outfits in your paintings this way Ivana. I know Marisa, but didn't know of Shanaz, so thanks for sharing!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful illustrations from nice bloggers :)

    xoxo Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to be inspired by bloggers, your pictures are fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mi ricordo quando hai fatto il mio ritratto e ne sono stata felicissima! Sei davver brava, Ivana!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it wonderful to inspire and be inspired by fellow bloggers? I'm sure Shanaz and Marisa are both feeling duly honoured.
    Although I'm loving both of your fashion illustrations, my favourite is Marisa's. The colours are amazing and it's got an impressionist feel, which I love.
    Your outfit is gorgeous too, and I can see that your mustard polo neck is fastly becoming a favourite. It looks absolutely fabulous on you! Wishing you a great weekend, Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it is wonderful being inspired by fellow bloggers...and yes, the mustard polo neck is definitely a favourite this autumn.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love the idea of sharing other bloggers through your paintings. I have been following Marisa for a while. Great blogger! xx
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Ivana, how I miss this, my shame!
    I feel flattered because I was chosen by you !!
    I loved the photo you chose and your illustration wow what an honor !!
    I also loved the illustration of Shanaz she is a sweet person !!
    Big hug and you are beautiful with my illustration!!

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!