FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: SUMMER IS IN THE AIR

Hello dear readers and fellow bloggers! Thank you for all your sweet messages. I'm still struggling with chronic pain, but I'm hopeful that the flare will calm down on its own in a few days. Tonight I will share some fashion illustrations I made today. It's time for another FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY ! I didn't have much energy today, but I really wanted to make something for my Friday fashion illustration feature so I grabbed my oil pastels and made some fashion sketches. They turned out surprisingly good all things considering. I also coloured one old pencil sketch. I mostly focus on landscapes (or should I say seascapes?) these days, but I love to do some fashion sketching. Moreover, tonight I'll share what I wore earlier today. Let me tell you, I felt great in this outfit. I'm a believer in colour and fashion therapy. When we wear something we like, it can make us feel better.  I wore a similar version of this outfit for our evening walk as well. I just switched my kitten heels for sandals. Red is such a happy colour for me. Scroll down to see more of this outfit and to check out my fashion sketches. 
DRESSING FOR SUMMER HEAT- CLOTHES AS THERAPY

I do love pencil skirts. The floral pattern on this one made me think of D&G pieces, especially of their recent collections. I think this skirt is more an autumn than a summer piece, but I think I did a good job of turning it into a summer piece. I paired it  with an old red top of mine, DIY chocker necklace, a straw bag. I felt like the red top was a great contrast for this floral pattern skirt while the straw bag in earthy colours complemented its colours. To spice things up a bit, I opted for metallic accessories by choosing a gold belt and a pair of gold/silver kitten heels.
I ALWAYS SAY THAT COMFORT IS RELATIVE- JUST WEAR WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
 I felt great in this outfit. Comfort is a relative thing. Personally, I feel fantastic in pencil skirts. Some people like baggy clothes and there's nothing wrong with that. However, I tend to feel better in a look with a defined waist. It's great when we can have it all. When I wore this, I did feel like I had everything. I was wearing gorgeous colours that made me happy, a silhouette that was very flattering and to top it all, I felt very comfortable as well. If there was more walking involved, I would have chosen a pair of sandals with better support, but I didn't walk that much. These kitten sandals are very comfortable to stand and sit in, but they are not ideal for walking because they don't provide much support. This type of sandal is usually flattering but not ideal of walking. Anyhow, I wore this look for grocery shopping with my husband. We stopped for ice-cream in Campanile cafe in Mostar when we were done. These photographs were taken this morning before that ice-cream date we had. For our evening walk, I switched the kitten heels for my flat tropical print sandals. 

THE STORY OF AN OUTFIT- HOW I WORE IT BEFORE?
THE FLORAL SKIRT- I got this skirt from my sister-in-law.  Someone gave it to my sister- in- law but it was too small for her so she handed it up to me. The material is viscose and the skirt is underlined. I couldn't find a brand label  (just size and material), so I have no idea where it's from. I would guess that it is made in Germany because the size label says 38 and the skirt is quite large. Even with my currently swollen stomach, there's still some breathing space around my waist. If this was made in Italy or France, this size would be 42 or 44.  

THE RED TOP- I've had this red top for ages. My brother bought it for me. I sometimes forget to wear it, but it's a cute top and I particularly love its candy red colour that matches my hand made choker so well. 
THE RED FLORAL CHOKER - I made this necklace about eighteen years ago. I distinctly remember wearing it for my high-school finals and getting complements for it. I used to make necklaces all the time. I still make various accessories and statement necklaces sometimes, just not on a  regular basis. 
THE GOLD BELT- This belt came together with one mini floral dress that is featured so frequently on my blog, so I basically had it for ages. 
THE METALLIC KITTEN SANDALS- I've had these sandals for a few years. They are perfect for when I want to dress up. I don't wear them for walks that often because I'm worried the pavements in the city could damage them. 
THE STRAW BAG IN EARTHY COLOURS- This bag is new. I bought in in Borsa shop in Mostar where I buy all my bags. Isn't it so pretty? I'm sure I'll wear it tons this summer. 



FASHION ILLUSTRATIONS OF THE DAY- COLOUR PENCILS AND OIL PASTELS
Bellow you can see the fashion illustrations I prepared for you today. 


OIL PASTELS- RED IS THE COLOUR THAT INSPIRED ME TODAY!

OIL PASTELS ON PAPER, A RED DRESS ILLUSTRATION
OIL PASTELS ON PAPER, QUICK FASHION SKETCHES


COLOURED PENCILS- A YELLOW PENCIL DRESS PAIRED WITH BLUE BLAZER AND ACCESSORIES

Bellow is an outfit I sketched long time ago, but I didn't coloured it until today. I actually drew it to practice different poses (using one of my photographs as a reference). Today I decided to colour it using coloured pencils and I like the result. I always did like the combo of yellow and blue. The outfit seemed  bit business like when I sketched it so I decided to make it more interesting by drawing long hair on the girl. 


FOLLOW THE LINKS BELLOW TO VISIT MY OTHER POSTS FOCUSING ON FASHION ILLUSTRATION

My last post in this category was all about painting on hardboard.  Before that I re-imagined my magenta coat as a dress and illustrated it that way in this post. I also illustrated a forest a little bit. Sometimes I like to make the location a part of my fashion illustration. You can also peak into my recent sketches in this sketchbook art post.  You can find even more illustrations from my sketchbook here



Thank you so much for visiting and stopping by. Take care and stay safe! I'm linking this post with Nancy's Fancy Friday Link up. 
 

Comments

  1. Me gusto la ilustración, es hermosa la mujer con ese vestido rojo. Te ves muy linda como ese look, el rojo es tu color. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous! Love the choker necklace! That's great that red makes you happy. Some wonderful dress designs in your drawing too. Hope you stay well and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you styled the pencil skirt. Such a great summer outfit. You look awesome in red! Such wonderful fashion. The one in red might easily be mistaken for a mermaid. All the best to staying creative. Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning in red top such a great outfit, I love the print on the pencil skirt. All the fashion illustration is beautiful, my favorite one is the red dress and the yellow dress with the blue blazer illustration. You are so talented. Hope you get well!! Have a great day Ivana.

    Dheera Joshi
    http://www.thestylepanorama.com/2021/07/summer-casual-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss I love these illustrations!! I swear you get better each time I visit your blog, and I love it. The colours, the style, the way that you sketch - everything is super nice. They are all brilliant outfits for this wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your outfit, Ivana! The red floral choker is a fun addition, and I'm swooning over your straw bag. The perfect hot weather outfit.
    Your fashion illustrations are amazing as always, I'm especially loving the one with that stunning red dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jako mi se sviđa tvoj outfit. Izgledaš jako lijepo i elegantno i ova ilustracija s haljinom sirena kroja je predivna.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more with the comfortable statement. Looking good is part of that feeling to me too!!
    And you made that necklace?? How impressive!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely in red and these are great illustrations too! thank you for sharing!

    it's nice to know you are feeling a bit better. Hope you are back to feeling 100% again soon!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) I had a fun girly day out shopping yesterday, it was so much fun!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos and outfit. Loving those illustations too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoy the creativity you explore in both your outfits that you wear and the outfits that you draw, Ivana. I'm very much into that blue fuzzy top/jacket in the one illustration (I would wear that!). Great outfit - I am definitely a fan of Colour Therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fabulous in red! I love the fun choker, too. Feeling happy about the clothes you're wearing make such a difference to our mood and how others perceive us. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)