FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: DIGITAL RETOUCHING WITH PAINT 3D

I haven't been able to buy any new art supplies since this coronavirus thing started. So, I settled to drawing sketches with a ball point pen and colouring them using computer program Paint 3D. I wrote about my experiences with digital art here. It is still a new technique for me, I only started playing with digital colouring a month or so ago. Finding time for my art hobbies is always difficult. When I'm especially short on time, I find sketching quite useful. As I like to say, you never know where a sketch can take you. Contrary to popular belief, art doesn't materialize out of thin air. It costs both time and money. Digital art is also quite time consuming, but it does give you the advantage of not having to run to buy art supplies. Useful during this pandemic, I must add. Not that you always need to spend a lot of money on art supplies to create art, but sometimes you do and even if you shop affordable, things do tend to add up. Not that digital art is the easy way out- I never thought it was easy. Art demands sacrifices, but I suppose that when you love something, it makes it easier. 
FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: DIGITAL RETOUCHING WITH PAINT 3D
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustrationfriday #fashion #art
FASHION ILLUSTRATION LINKS THAT YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL
If you like this fashion illustration and would like to see more, you have a look at my latest posts in this feature: LADY IN A LILAC DRESS and BALL PAINT FASHION ILLUSTRATION .  Naturally, you're welcome to visit my previous Friday Fashion Illustration Posts:- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: WATERCOLOUR PENCILS -IVANA'S FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAYFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: INSPIRED BY COLOURS OF AUTUMNA GIRL IN A RED GOWN: FASHION ILLUSTRATION OF THE DAY-CUSTOMIZING A NOTEBOOK WITH A FASHION ILLUSTRATIONFASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATING A BLACK DRESS FROM DOLCE & GABBANA COLLECTION10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR FASHION ILLUSTRATION SKILLS- HOW TO CREATE A 3D FASHION ILLUSTRATION DRESS WITH DRY FLOWERS?- FRIDAY FASHION ILLUSTRATION: HAT OBSESSED -FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY INSPIRED BY SUMMER STYLE- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: SUMMER TO AUTUMN TRANSITION- FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ILLUSTRATED TOTE BAGS-FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HAT OBSESSED - FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: NEW AUTUMN INSPIRED ART
-FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HVAR CITY 
PAINTING OVER MY ILLUSTRATIONS WITH PAINT 3D
Not really happy with how the one bellow turned out, but wanted to show it anyway. It looks much better in the pencil on paper original. I have a lot to learn when it comes to digital art, but I don't mind learning, so it's all good. This pencil drawing (well, prints of it) is available on redbubble for purchase.

As I said, there are advantages to digital art. However, it doesn't help to rest your eyes from screen time. You cannot have it all. That's the way of this world. It's always sacrificing one thing for another, giving up on something and never feeling completely sure in anything you do. Sorry, if that sounds depressing, I've been sleep deprived lately. It is still true. You cannot have your cake and eat it. That applies to so many things. I think we're learning that both as societies and as individuals, we cannot have everything we want. However, we can stop selfishly wanting and demanding everything. You know, be more realistic and specific in our goals. Give ourselves a break now and then.Understand that you cannot force things and that things take time. Whatever your hobby or aspiration might be, it takes time to get better at it. It is hard because it is hard, not because there is something wrong with you- as my favourite fashion illustration teacher Zoe Hong says. 
PAINTING OVER MY ILLUSTRATIONS WITH PAINT 3D
Bellow is another illustration of mine. I painted over this one with paint 3D and I quite liked how it turned out, especially when it comes to the first one (a photography collage painted over with watercolour tool in Paint 3D computer program). I think that one turned out pretty cool.
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustrationfriday #fashion #art
#penilsketch
#moda #fashionsketch #illustrationfriday #fashion #art
#modaodaradosti #fashionillustrationfriday #fashion #art
Let me know what you think. You can buy my prints and posters on my shop via redbubble site. Thank you for reading and commenting. 

Comments

  1. Wonderful artworks!
    The lady with the hat is so sweet!
    The green and red dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good you are still finding way to be fun and creative without art supplies! :) I got an online order the other day that had some packing in the box and the kids were amused for half an hour just playing with the packaging - we don't need a lot to be happy! :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful softness you can add to your art digitally. These are all lovely. We all doubt things we create. The human brain is certainly difficult to understand. Have a wonderful weekend Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome article guys :)
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ivana, I'm always happy when I see that you post something related to your art and your illustrations!

    Actually there are no limits, traditional illustration and digital media can mix in order to create the best version of your own art and that's just precious, I don't think we should be specific or just use something, even if you just work with traditional materials you can benefit your art from digital media. As you, my process is similar and I like to always start from pencil or pen and then go to digital, something less digital and sometimes a little more, depending on the commision.

    I love these portraits, they have like a cloud of mystery and coolness and you nailed it with the result! Keep creating :D

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very creative, Ivana. I'm admiring the fact that you've turned a disadvantage into an advantage by learning new techniques for your art. And I'm certain going digital is not the easy way out. I'm particularly loving the lady in the hat, in all her incarnations. The last one really looks like a watercolour painting! Have a lovely evening and Sunday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool to see - I really love the first one because I can see from the angle of her face that you have a good sense of the bone structure and the proportions of the face (I have done quite a bit of art myself). I like that quote: "it is hard because it is hard, not because there is something wrong with you." I think people would appreciate the attempts more if they tried things themselves instead of thinking, "That looks easy - I could do that," because really, they can't! I guess that can apply to a lot of things too!

    These are lovely, Ivana, and it's great that you are finding the time and new tools to do something creative. Good for your mental health!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I think many people give up because they think they aren't talented enough when in fact they just need to keep on trying.

      Delete
  8. Oh, beautiful illustrations, Ivana! Your digital art is always inspires me!
    The first series of beautiful faces are really fascinating, and it is amazing that ball point pen and digital application are mixed together perfectly! Sparkling!!
    Thank you for showing<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Ivana these paintings are absolutely gorgeous! No words!
    You are one amazing artist and your illustrations are absolutely stunning! Keep going. And i agree when you said that being an artist is a blessing, but it is very likely to feel disappointed and lost in the crowd when you're a creative person! But we as artists, must not forget to encourage and motivate one another and continue doing what we love and are passionate about!

    Much love to you,
    Epsita | https://www.thepositivewindow.com/creativity-voice-difficult-times/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)