Hello everyone! Today I'm back with one DIY project.
For this DIY project I have used:
(depending on the size of the illustration you'll need a piece or a sheet of paper)
2. A pair of scissors
3. Pencil (for sketching)
4. Coloured pencils (for colouring the illustration)
5. Glue (to glue the illustration)
Customized Notebook Tutorial:
1. Sketch a fashion illustration in pencil. If you don't know how to draw, find a fashion illustration or a magazine photograph you like and copy/ trace it with a pencil.
*(Alternatively, you could also cut a fashion illustration out directly from the magazine and glue it to the notebook but that would be another kind of DIY.)
2. Colour the fashion illustration using coloured pencils. Alternately, you can also use markers or some other medium (but you need to make use you use the paper appropriate for that medium).
3. Cut out the illustration with scissors. Don't worry if you cut out a hand or something like that. You can always glue it on later. (When you scroll down, you'll see it happened to me).
5. Glue the illustration on the notebook. Wait for it to dry. That's all !
If you look carefully, you'll see that I have accidentally cut out one of the heel on the shoes in this fashion illustration. Nothing to worry about! I have just cut out another piece of paper, glued it and then coloured it with coloured pencil. I've also cut out a few pieces of paper and glued them. You can use these blank pieces of paper to write down your name or the whatever you like. Personally, I use this notebook for studying and note taking, so that is what I will write down on these pieces of paper. In case I forget what this notebook is for, it will be easier to remember. Details like this can help with organizing our things, especially if you have a lot of notebooks. Speaking of which, do you use notebooks? Do you use planners? Do you have a scrap book? Do you keep a diary?
In this digital time, there is something special about taking the time to write down something on a piece of paper. It feels almost like a luxury. I've read somewhere that the process of writing down something with our hand helps us to remember it better. Hence, this technique can be used both for planning and as a learning tool. Would you be willing to give it a try? Two studying advice I remember best from my student days are: picking a nice place to study and customizing our notes. Supposedly, using the colours we like and/or drawing on our notes helps with studying. There you go, you now have the perfect excuse to doodle. The next step to take is mind mapping. Have you ever tried making a mind map? I admit it's been a while since I last made one, but I remember using mind maps as a tool for studying back in the day. I might try it again, as I'm trying to make studying a part of my life again. Moreover, a lot of people swear by keeping a planner. Having a planner you can pull out at any moment, doddle and write in, might be a great way to organize our time better. It's definitely something to keep in mind. If you like fashion, then customizing a notebook with a fashion illustration makes perfect sense. Perhaps you can even consider planning. Do you think that surrounding ourselves with things we love can help us fight stress? One thing I'm certain of and that is that surrounding ourselves with creativity can't hurt. Would you be willing to give this DIY project a try? Would you be interested in seeing more similar projects?
|dress: modna kuća Bellissima, vest: no name, boots: Peko + DIY|