WHAT HAVE I BEEN WEARING IN MOSTAR? 5 SPRING OUTFITS

Hello everyone! I hope you've had a lovely weekend. I basically took the advantage of the long weekend to work on new content for my blog. So, you can expect more posts in the immediate future. Today we'll do a simple 'outfit sharing' post. In other words, you'll see what I have been wearing recently. When I first started blogging (ten years ago), my blog was all about sharing outfit posts. With time, I started writing about different topics and ended up sharing my art in different forms. However, I've always tried to incorporate outfits into my posts. It still feels good to do a basic outfit post where I talk about what I wore. The outfits I'm going to share are more on the casual smart side and not as dressed up as my last two ones, but I enjoyed wearing them. Fashion has always been a creative outlet for me.

This weather this Spring has been all over the place (in both countries I live in). I've actually been travelling between Croatia and Bosnia & Herzegovina a lot lately. I don't have a fixed job so I tend to work and live in both countries.   My health insurance depends on the country I'm currently working in  (usually it's tied up with the work contract). That's another reason why I'm always travelling to and from. Anyhow, all of these outfits were photographed either in Mostar or in the vicinity. Even though I have been spending time in Croatia, I didn't have time to take photographs. I do have some posts about Croatia in the archives, but more about that some other time. Anyway, In this post, I'll share with you five outfits I have worn this Spring. You could call them my 'go to' outfits. Scroll down to read and see more. 

Pozdrav svima! Nadam se da ste lijepo proveli produženi vikend. Ja sam u osnovi iskoristila dugi vikend za rad na novom sadržaju za blog. Dakle, možete očekivati ​​više postova u bliskoj budućnosti. Danas ćemo napraviti jednostavnu objavu o 'odjevnim kombinacijama'. Drugim riječima, vidjet ćete što sam nedavno nosila. Kad sam počela pisati blog (prije deset godina), moj blog je bio posvećen dijeljenju objv o odjeći i odjevnim kombinacijama. S vremenom sam počela pisati o različitim temama i na kraju počela sa vama dijeliti svoju umjetnost u različitim oblicima. Međutim, uvijek sam pokušavala u svoje objave uključiti odjeću. Još uvijek je dobar osjećaj napisati jednostavnu objavu  u kojoj govorim o tome što sam nosila. To su neke male radosti. Odjeća koju ću podijeliti danas više je neka ležerna elegancija i nije tako dotjerana kao moje zadnje dvije kombinacije, ali uživala sam ih nositi. Moda je za mene oduvijek bila kreativni ispušni ventil.

Vrijeme ovog proljeća bilo je neprevidljivo u obje zemlje u kojima živim. U posljednje vrijeme zapravo puno putujem između Hrvatske i Bosne i Hercegovine. Nemam stalan posao pa radim i živim u obje zemlje. Moje zdravstveno osiguranje ovisi o zemlji u kojoj trenutno radim (obično je vezano uz ugovor o radu). To je još jedan razlog zašto uvijek putujem tamo i odatle. U svakom slučaju, sve ove kombinacije su fotografirane ili u Mostaru ili u okolici. Iako sam boravila u Hrvatskoj, nisam imala vremena za fotografiranje. Imam neke objave o Hrvatskoj u arhivi, ali o tome neki drugi put. Uglavnom, u ovom postu podijelit ću s vama pet kombincija koje sam nosila ovog proljeća. Mogli biste ih nazvati mojim svakodnevnim outfitima. Nastavite sa čitanjem da biste saznali više.

FASHION PRIORITIES: WARM, COMFORTABLE AND AS SUSTAINABLE AS POSSIBLE

All of these outfits were very comfortable and warm to wear. As I said, the weather has been changeable. I'm trying to avoid catching cold. I'm not always successful, but at least I'm trying. It's already mid April and we still need to use transitional styling tricks. As always, I did my best to shop my closet. I actually didn't buy anything this April. I did pick up something new last March. There's another new item in this post as well. However, I do make an effort to keep my fashion choices sustainable. Having a fashion blog is really helpful in being more sustainable I feel. It's like having a visual diary that reminds you how you wore something before and it gives you ideas how you can wear it again. 

MODNI PRIORITETI: TOPLO, UDOBNO I ODRŽIVO KOLIKO JE MOGUĆE

Sve ove odjevne kombinacije su bile udobne za nošenje i tople. Kao što rekoh, vrijeme je bilo promjenjivo. Pokušavam izbjeći prehladu. Nisam uvijek uspješna, ali barem pokušavam. Već je sredina travnja i još trebamo koristiti trikove za prijelazno vrijeme i slojevito odijevanje. Kao i uvijek, dala sam sve od sebe da kupim iz svoga ormara.  Zapravo nisam ništa kupila ovog travnja. Kupila sam nešto novo prošlog ožujka. U ovom objavi također postoji još jedna nova stavka. Međutim, trudim se zadržati svoje modne izbore održivim. Smatram da je modni blog od velike pomoći u modnoj održivosti. To je kao da imate vizualni dnevnik koji vas podsjeća kako ste nešto nosili prije i daje vam ideje kako to možete ponovno nositi.

OUTFIT #1: BLUE JEANS PAIRED WITH A TARTAN VINTAGE BLAZER- This was a fun outfit to wear even if a bit on the repetitive side. How many times I have worn these high caramel boots with this pair of blue jeans? Who knows! This time I've added some freshness to this old combo by opting for a vintage blazer with golden treat. Speaking of it, I must admit my husband pulled this blazer out for me. I have forgotten about it, but I'm so happy to wear it again. 

THE BLUE JEANS- PLUS THIRTY WAYS TO WEAR HERE

THE VINTAGE DOUBLE BREASTED BLAZER- (vintage, bought in a second hand in Split) WORN HERE

THE CAMEL BOOTS (Peko) - PLUS THIRTY WAYS TO WEAR HERE

THE DIY NECKLACE- WORN HERE

THE STRAW BAG (not branded, bought in a Borsa store in Mostar)- WORN HERE .If you are looking for more inspiration, this is how I styled this straw bag in the past: 1) WITH A FLORAL DRESS AND STARTAS SNEAKERS 2) WITH A GREY DRESS AND SNEAKERS 3) WITH BLUE AMADEUS DRESS  AND HEELS 4) WITH A WHITE TUNICS, A GREY SKIRT AND BLACK HEELS 5) WITH A PENCIL SKIRT

OUTFIT #2 BLUE JEANS PAIRED WITH A BLAZER AND CAMEL COAT- Another outfit with this pair of blue jeans. I wore this for a lunch date with my husband in Romanca restaurant near Mostar. It was quite fresh that day, so I layered up. I wore more layers than I sometimes do in Winter. I believe in dressing for the weather, not for the season. I try to invoke the season with accessories or colours, but if it is cold, I'll dress the part.

THE BROWN BOOTS- WORN HERE

THE BLUE JEANS- LINKS ABOVE

THE GREY BLAZER- WORN HERE & HERE

THE CAMEL COAT- WORN HERE

THE STRAW BAG- I have already linked up several ways to wear this bag in the outfit above.

OUTFIT NUMBER #3 FLARED JEANS PAIRED WITH A PUFFER JACKET- This is an outfit I wore for hiking on a hill Planinica (near Mostar). We came across a horse leg and that freaked me out so much that I climbed the rocks and kept an eye for wolves. Have the wolves eaten that horse? I have no idea. My fears subdued when a white stallion Vezir (a local horse owned by someone who lives there) appeared. He's quite a character. One day I'll tell you more about him.

THE PUFFER JACKET (from Mana store kid's department, Stari Grad mall)- WORN HERE

THE FLARED JEANS (vintage, red details are hand painted with textile paints)- WORN HERE

THE BIKER BOOTS (bought in Retro shoes in Mostar few years ago)- WORN HERE

THE OVERSIZE SCARF (gift from an Italian friend)- WORN HERE

THE BEIGE BEANIE WITH FAUX FUR (gift from my husband)- WORN HERE

THE BURGUNDY BAG (bought in Borsa store in Mostar) - WORN HERE.

OUTFIT NUMBER #4- GREY COAT PAIRED WITH A SKATER SKIRT AND A PINK CARDI- This is an outfit I wore for a walk with my husband. It was comfortable and warm. The only thing I would perhaps change are the leggings. I think black tights would be a better pairing with this.

THE GREY COAT (old, from a collab)- WORN HERE. This coat is actually black and white coat , the pattern being pepita but I call it my grey coat because it looks grey from afar. It's perfect for transitional weather. I often wear it when I layer my outfits. 

THE PINK CARDI (vintage, from mom's closet)- WORN HERE

THE SKATER SKIRT (second hand, a friend have it to me)- WORN HERE

THE BROWN BOOTS- WORN HERE (first look in the post). I'm not sure about the brand but I bought them in Leonardo store (where they sell quality leather shoes). They are certainly well made, I've had them for about a decade. I bought them when I got married and God willing the two of us will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary in September. 

OUTFIT NUMBER #5 RED BLAZER PAIRED WITH A LONG CARDI AND FLARED LEGGINGS- I've keep this outfit last because it's my favourite one. Can you guess why it is my favourite one? Well, for start, I didn't have to wear a coat. Finally, it was warm enough to go out of the house wearing just a blazer. Moreover, isn't Mostar absolutely gorgeous in these photographs!

THE RED BLAZER (bought in a store in Split many years ago)- 10 ways to wear HERE

THE WHITE TUNICS (old collab)- WORN HERE

THE GOLDEN MALTESE SCARF (bought in Malta)- WORN FOR THE FIRST TIME! 

THE LONG FLORAL CARDIGAN (bought in Man store in Split)- WORN HERE

THE BLACK FLARED LEGGINGS (bought in New Yorker in Mepas Mall Mostar)- WORN HERE

THE BLACK POINTY BOOTS (bought in Borsa store)- WORN HERE


Thank you so much for visiting! Have a nice day. Hvala puno na posjeti! Ugodan dan želim.

Comments

  1. The first outfit is probably my favorite. I love the colors and it looks very comfortable to wear and enjoy yourself. Nice bag too, I'd wear it often as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great pairings, indeed! So great that you know both countries so well. I hope your health is good. A very chilly spring here. Such inspiring outfits. Love the florals and the denims paired with the cool blazer and sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great you are keeping busy. I dunno how you do it! Such amazing flare you have for your sustainable ware! Love those boots too! All the best to your creativity and your blogging! Thanks so much for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so good in red shades:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I like outfit posts. You have a style of your own, very unique that I can already distinguish from others, because you get unlikely combinations but that are your own style. The main feature of your style is that you combine clothes with different years very well! I think your style, the style of an intellectual person! It's what you are! I really like your mom's pink cardigan! I liked all the looks or should I say smart looks, or intellectuals?
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased To Hear About Your Relaxing Casual Weekend - Sending Positive Vibes

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. great looks dear
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boa noite. Que sua semana continue cheia de bênçãos e vitórias.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Spring! Loving the bright blazer and the depth of these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me gusta el conjunto 4 . Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always put together the best outfits Ivana. I love the last one too because I'm assuming that's a dress and you're wearing it over pants/jeans.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely round-up of April outfits, Ivana! The weather has been quite changeable here as well, although we are currently enjoying a handful of sunny, almost summery days. We usually have to use transitional styling tricks well into May, and even beyond!
    Your favourite - the last outfit - is mine too. I absolutely love the red blazer, and the long floral cardigan is gorgeous too. As is Mostar, which is looking particularly picturesque in those photos!
    I'm also loving the tartan vintage blazer you're wearing in the first outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outfit-2 is perfect with a beautiful view. You look great Dear friend,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey again Ivana, catching up on the content you have shared recently.

    I remember you told me a little bit about your constant trips between Croatia and B&H, I imagine it must be tiring but you are taking advantage of this trips by taking photos and collecting inspiration for your blog posts and projects! And you also had the chance to shoot outfits during this.

    I loved many of the proposals in here, they are perfect outfit for transitional seasons. A tricky season to decide which clothes to wear but at least we have a lot of creativity range to play with :)

    My favorites are the first outfit with the checked blazer (very Gucci!) and then the proposal with the pink cardigan making layers.

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good stars, yes, regarding the extraordinary creativity inherent to fashion. I can remember with stark clarity when I realized that at the age of just five years old and not a day has gone by since that I have not delighted in the joys that employing creativity in one's wardrobe brings my way. It is just such a meaningful blast to get the opportunity to be our own blank canvasses time after time.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE (BOOK REVIEW AND AN EARLY SPRING OUTFIT)