HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND EVERYONE! (WIWT)

Hello readers! Today I'll show you two outfits I have worn today (that is for Easter day). I'm currently wearing a third outfit (this orange dress I wore for Easter day back in 2019). What can I say?  Sometimes I go through a few outfits in one day just for the fun of it. This habit comes in handy when you  have a fashion blog, doesn't? It allows you to always have photographed outfits at hand. I don't take photographs of my outfits in an organised way, though. Sometimes I go a few days without snapping an outfit, sometimes I document every outfit I wear in a day. It depends on a few factors, mostly on how busy or energetic I am feeling. Today I have felt better, so we captured both of my outfits. Scroll down and keep reading to learn more. 

Pozdrav čitateljima! Danas ću vam pokazati dvije odjevn kombinacije koje sam danas nosila (odnosno za Uskrs). Trenutno nosim treću kombinaciju (ovu narančastu haljinu koju sam nosila za Uskrs 2019.). Što da kažem? Ponekad promijenim nekoliko odjevnih kombinacija u jednom danu iz gušta. Ova navika dobro dođe kada imate modni blog, zar ne? Omogućuje vam da uvijek imate pri ruci fotografirane odjevne kombinacije. Ipak, ne slikam svoje odjevne kombinacije na neki organiziran način. Ponekad prođe nekoliko dana a da ne snimim što sam nosila, a ponekad dokumentiram svako ruho koje nosim u danu. To sve ovisi o nekoliko čimbenika, uglavnom o tome koliko se osjećam zauzeto ili energično. Danas sam se osjećala bolje, pa smo uslikali obje moja odjevne kombinacije. Nastavite sa čitanjem kako biste saznali više.


We have had a pretty calm Easter day so far. Previous engagement didn't allow me to participate in some of the interesting traditions we have in Croatia, but there is always next year. We took it easy this year because I've been quite busy. We dyed Easter eggs using two techniques: the traditional one with onion peels (my personal favourite) and the more modern one with crepe paper. I decorated the house in the morning. My plan for tonight is to catch up with my favourite bloggers and perhaps watch a movie (if I manage to find something I like). Any movie recommendations you would like to share? I have watched a lovely travel show about Island this afternoon. The show was made by some British journalist whose name unfortunately slipped my mind. Anyhow, the travelogue focused on one farmer living on a remote farm on Iceland.  You know I find Iceland fascinating, right? I'm looking forward to reading more Icelandic authors. Fortunately, Split City Library is very organised, so finding a shelf with Icelandic authors is quite easy. It was quite touching, actually. There was this young lady (the daughter of the above mentioned Icelandic farmer) that talked about how her father taught her to cope with stress by strengthening her bond with mother nature. Isn't that sweet?

Do sada smo imali prilično miran Uskrs. Prethodni angažmani nisu mi omogućili da sudjelujem u nekim od zanimljivih tradicija koje imamo u Hrvatskoj, ali uvijek postoji sljedeća godina. Nekako sam za laganini pristup  ove godine jer sam dosta zauzeta. Uskršnja jaja bojali smo koristeći dvije tehnike: tradicionalno bojanje ljuskom luka  (moj osobni favorit) i modernijom tehnikom sa krep papirom. Ujutro sam sredila i dekorirala kuću. Plan za večeras je virtualno se družiti sa svojim omiljenim blogerima i možda kasnije pogledati film (ako uspijem pronaći nešto što mi se sviđa). Želite li podijeliti neke filmske preporuke? Gledala  sam popodne divnu putopisnu emisiju o Islandu nekog britanskog novinara čije mi je ime nažalost nije ostalo u glavi.  Putopisna emisija se usmjerila na jednog farmera koji živi na udaljenoj farmi na Islandu. Znate da me Island fascinira, zar ne? Veselim se čitanju još islandskih autora. Srećom, Gradska knjižnica  grada Splita je vrlo organizirana, pa je lako pronaći policu s islandskim autorima. Zapravo je emisija bilo prilično dirljiva. Bila je tu jedna mlada dama (kćer islandskog farmera kojeg sam spomenula) koja je pričala o tome kako ju je otac naučio nositi se sa stresom povezivnjem s majkom prirodom. Nije li to slatko?



OUTFIT NUMBER ONE: A MUSTARD TURTLENECK PAIRED WITH A FLORAL SKIRT- I have actually let my husband pick out the first outfit (the morning one) for me. He wanted me to wear a floral skirt from fashion house Edi we bought together many years ago. This lovely floral skirt is a wool and silk blend that is perfect for any weather.  I seemed to have forgotten about this wardrobe essential of mine, but fortunately my husband pointed it out to me. After that, I built my outfit around this comfy skirt, opting to pair it with a skin tight mustard turtleneck and dark warm tights. While it's not visible in the photographs, I wore my beige coat over this and the pointy block heel pair of boots you saw in yesterday post. 

A MUSTARD TURTLENECK (no name)- LAST WORN HERE
A FLORAL WOOL & SILK SKIRT (fashion house/modna kuća Edi) - MY FAV WAY TO WEAR IT HERE
STILETTO HEELS (no name)- WORN HERE
DIY FAUX LEATHER NECKLACE- WORN HERE


OUTFIT NUMBER TWO: A LBD PAIRED WITH A BLACK BLAZER- While I wouldn't hesitate in calling myself a queen of shopping my closet, sometimes I do something new to my wardrobe. That something happens to be this statement black dress. I bought it in an outlet store for 2.5 euros if I recall well (it could have also been five but I'm sure it wasn't more than that because it's that kind of outlet store). I do have enough LBDs in my closet, but I simply couldn't resist the shoulder pads on this little number. I have a thing for shoulder pads. I was only five when eighties officially ended, but somehow the eighties fashion made an imprint on me. I also love seventies fashion, even though I failed to see the era with my own eyes. 

HAND PAINTED BLACK BLAZER (vintage blazer from my granny's closet, no label possibly it was hand made) - I don't have a link for this one, I couldn't find it on my blog even though it is entirely possible that it did make an appearance. I have had it for a long time. 
LBD- WORN FOR THE FIRST TIME!
DIY NECKLACE & STILETTO HEELS (LINKS ABOVE)


LINKS FOR SOME OF MY  PREVIOUS EASTER DAY POSTS- Just in case you're looking for some Easter day inspiration!






https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/is-mostar-good-easter-day-destination.html - IS MOSTAR A GOOD EASTER DAY DESTINATION? PUBLISHED IN 2019

https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/tips-for-more-sustainable-easter.html- TIPS FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE EASTER CELEBRATION? PUBLISHED IN 2019

https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/04/how-to-find-perfect-easter-outfit-for.html - HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT EASTER OUTFIT? PUBLISHED IN 2019







FOR THOSE WHO WOULD WANT TO KNOW MORE (TEXT TAKEN FROM CROATIAN ENCYCLOPEDIA and translated by yours truly): 

In Croatian traditional culture, the intertwining of Catholic church rites with traditions of other origins is obvious, especially when it comes to pre-Christian customs and rites related to the spring awakening of nature and the celebration of the New Year. The tradition of Easter customs begins with Palm Sunday, in Croatian known under names:  Cvjetnica (Cvitnica, Uličnica). The twigs (olives, dogwood, willows, wicker, palm trees) that were blessed in the church were later attached to the ceiling beams at home, to the crucifix or image of a saint at home as a blessing and protection from thunder. The blessed twigs were carried to the domestic animals (cattle) and bees. During storms the blessed twigs were used in magical acts. Belief in the health power of water, flowers and greenery is expressed in the girl's custom of decorating wells on the night before Palm Sunday, as well as by the custom of washing in water with flowers for facial beauty and health on Palm Sunday and on Holy Saturday (when the bells ring). The same belief is reflected in the tradition of pouring water on Easter Monday. During Holy Week, the preparations were made for the upcoming holidays: the house was decorated, food and clothing were prepared, eggs were painted and decorated, → Easter eggs. On Good Friday when the church bells went silent until their re-use on Holy Saturday, the locals were invited to pray in the church with rattle instruments. Singing of church folk songs and processions were common. Fasting and fasting ended with the solemn blessing of the meal in the church (sanctification, consecration) and its eating in the family circle on Easter itself. In some parts, the church's blessing of fire and the restoration of home fires and the lighting of Easter bonfires (vazmenke), Easter (→ ritual fire) were common. In the Continental Croatia, there were → processions of crucifixes, younger men with a crucifix and a drum. On Easter Monday, after a long period of renunciation of entertainment and dance (→ Lent), social life began again. Easter carols are widespread in the northern and Adriatic parts of Croatia. 



ZA ONE KOJI ŽELE ZNATI VIŠE (TEKST PREUZET S HRVATSKE ENCIKLOPEDIJE):


U hrvatskoj tradicijskoj kulturi očita je isprepletenost katoličkih crkvenih obreda s tradicijama drugoga podrijetla, posebno pretkršćanskim običajima i obredima vezanima uz proljetno buđenje prirode i slavljenje nove godine. Kompleks uskrsnih običaja počinje → Cvjetnicom (Cvitnica, Uličnica). U crkvi blagoslovljene grančice (masline, drijenka, vrbe, rakite, palme) kod kuće su se zaticale za stropnu gredu, raspelo ili sliku sveca kao blagoslov i zaštita od groma, te su se nosile k blagu i pčelama; za nevremena koristile su se u magijskim činima. Vjerovanje u zdravonosnu moć vode, cvijeća i zelenila dolazi do izražaja u djevojačkom običaju kićenja zdenaca u noći uoči Cvjetnice, umivanja u vodi s cvijećem radi ljepote lica i zdravlja na samu Cvjetnicu i na Veliku subotu kada zazvone zvona, te u polijevanju vodom na Uskrsni ponedjeljak. U Velikom tjednu pripremalo se za nastupajuće blagdane: uređivala se kuća, pripremala hrana i odjeća, bojila i ukrašavala jaja, → pisanice. Od Velikoga petka kada utihnu crkvena zvona pa do njihove ponovne uporabe na Veliku subotu mještani su se pozivali na molitvu i u crkvu čegrtaljkama (škrebetaljkama, klepetarnicama). Uobičajeni su bili pjevanje crkvenih pučkih napjeva i procesije. Post i nemrs završavaju svečanim blagoslovom jela u crkvi (svetenje, posvećenje) i njegovim blagovanjem u obiteljskom krugu na sam Uskrs. U nekim krajevima uobičajen je bio crkveni blagoslov vatre i obnova kućne vatre te paljenje uskrsnih krjesova, vazmenki (→ obredna vatra). U kajkavskoj Hrvatskoj poznati su bili → ophodi raspetnika (križičara), mlađih muškaraca s raspelom i bubnjem. Na Uskrsni ponedjeljak, nakon dugoga vremena odricanja od zabave i plesa (→ korizma), ponovno je započinjao društveni život. U sjevernim i jadranskim dijelovima Hrvatske poznata su uskrsna kola (kolanje).*

*Uskrs. Hrvatska enciklopedija, mrežno izdanje. Leksikografski zavod Miroslav Krleža, 2021. Pristupljeno 17. 4. 2022. <http://www.enciklopedija.hr/Natuknica.aspx?ID=63412>.
Thank you for stopping by. Happy Easter weekend!
Hvala što ste svratili. Sretan Uskršnji vikend!

Comments

  1. Želim ti sretan Uskrs iz srca, jako mi se sviđa uskršnji outfit, naravno ja sam uvijek na strani crnog imidža pa mi se br. 2 više dopada, ali i prvi outfit je sladak, veseo i baš ti idealno pristaje. Kvaliteta slika je baš odlična, jaja su slatka kao i ukrasi koji idu uz Uskrs ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits. The shoes are amazing. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun you wore a few different outfits for Easter! :) I really like that little black dress and the first outfit is so perfect for spring with the cheerful yellow! I take a photo of my outfit every morning before I leave the house, as the only time I change my outfit during the day is if something is spilled on it, haha!

    Hope you had a nice weekend and a good Easter :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindos atuendos me gustan tus zapatos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, happy Easter and Easter Monday :) The pictures are phenomenal, the clothing combinations are beautiful, the whole Easter atmosphere in your phenomenal house is worthy of such a holiday! Easter bread seems to invite to lunch, with wine and eggs that you painted so beautifully :) Congratulations, I was happy with this post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter sounded very relaxing with time to play in your wardrobe and try out lots of new outfits. The black dress looks fantastic and you always look so good in mustard.
    Arnaldur Indridason is a fantastic Icelandic writer, I'm currently reading Outrage:Murder in Reykjavik. I'm not sure if it's the same but there's a book on my shelf by the British journalist Sarah Moss called Names for the Sea and its about her and her family relocating to Iceland. I haven't read it yet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. As soon as I get to Split, I'll pick out some more Icelandic writers from the library.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a delightful time. Such wonderful outfits. Love the basket of goodies too. Such beautiful bread! Thanks so much for posting about the culture and religious times, too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful Easter post! Looks like a sweet time. Love the outfits. I have never dyed eggs like that as you mentioned. Of course, a good portion of the day here was taking those Easter eggs to make deviled eggs and egg salad. Needless to say, everyone was egged out before it was over. Thanks again for the wonderful post! Thanks so much for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you! I often change outfit throughout the day just for the fun of it. It is fun to me. I like all of your outfit, each is very chic and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm admiring your habit of wearing and photographing several outfits in one day. I don't think I ever did that unless it was for a special occasion. That said, I wore two different outfits today as well, as I changed into an old skirt and jumper for working in the garden. But I guess that does not count :-)
    I'm loving both of your outfits, but the second one, with the mustard turtleneck and floral skirt really stole my heart. I also think it looks just perfect for Easter!
    I can't recall if I ever read any Icelandic authors, but Iceland is definitely a country which fascinates me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I think the gardening outfit definitely counts.

      Delete
  11. How wonderful that carols weave their way into Easter celebrations in your country. While, surely, there are some (albeit, primarily geared towards kids) Easter songs that have been penned here in North America over the years, I have never heard of an Easter carol before. Why not though? Singing and merriment suit Easter no less so than Christmas time and you now have me wishing this custom would hop (much like the Easter bunny :D) over the pond and come to Canada as well.

    Big hugs & the sunniest of wishes for a fantastic April,
    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)