6 MONTHS LIVING IN JELSA ON ISLAND HVAR: BEAUTIFUL HIKES

It's been six months since I moved to Jelsa village on island Hvar for work. It's not a permanent move (not that I would mind). When my contract is over, I will move back to my husband's home town. Over the time I have been here, I dedicated several posts to this charming little village. In fact, I started linking up all my posts about island Hvar in any post where its seems relevant, in case you want to learn more about it. Even before I moved to Jelsa, I dedicated several posts to it because I have family living here. I sometimes refer to Jelsa as a town, even though it doesn't have a status of one (officially) but it definitely feels like a little town. Jelsa was founded in the 14th century and at the height of its power it was one of the most important Adriatic ports. There is definite evidence of urban tradition in this town so you won't be wrong to call it a little town. Jelsa is a tourist oriented town so it is extremely visit friendly. Today I'll show you just how beautiful the hikes are here. 
BEACH MINA 
I blogged about bay Mina in my previous post and today I'll show you more of it. Bellow you can see a photograph of me with Jelsa in the background. Scroll down for a view of the beach itself. As I explained in my previous post, it is not far from the centre of Jelsa. 
BEACH MINA- THE MOST POPULAR BEACH IN JELSA 
One of the great benefits of Mina beach is that there is so much natural shade to be found there. As I explained Mina is a sand beach, so if that is you preference this is a good choice. I definitely enjoy visiting it. 
THE STORY OF MY OUTFIT 
These are all items I had for a while now. The only relatively new items is this black puffer I bought back in February in Mana and wore previously here  here and here. There is also this shirt that is relatively new but all the other items are so old. You can visit this post to see 9 ways to style this dusty pink skirt and this post to see 11 ways to style this dusty pink skirt for spring. You can also see how I styled this skirt here. As you can see, I wear this skirt a lot. The white sneakers are the only sneakers I have with me, so obviously I wear them all the time. You can see how I wore them herehere, here, here, here , here, here and here.
HOUSE SIGHTSEEING IN JELSA 
One of the things I enjoy in Jelsa is house sightseeing. Both my husband and myself are interested in architecture so we enjoy studying houses. This modern one behind me is such a beauty. I do love traditional architecture, but modern houses can be stunning too. This summer house is an example of that. These photographs were taken on our hike opposite the Mina beach. Where ever you turn in Jelsa, you'll be rewarded with beautiful hikes and walks. 
 YOU CAN ALSO REACH BEACH MINA BY FOLLOWING A SEA PATHWAY
Before I wrap up this post, I have one more hiking outfit to share and more photographs of Mina beach. I showed you how to get to Mina by following the road. You can also take the sea pathway and enter this gorgeous bay that way. It will take a few minutes more to reach it but you will be rewarded with amazing views. Scroll down to see just what I mean. I don't know why I was wearing a mask, there wasn't a soul in sight.



 As always, thank you for reading and visiting. Have a nice Sunday!

Comments

  1. Certo Ivana che vivi in un posto davvero fantastico che mi piacerebbe visitare prima o poi!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great ! and that's such a lovely view

    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that you would need a puffer jacket there Ivana. I would have thought it was much warmer? What a wonderful place to be situated for now. Such blessings really.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a few windy days this April and March, otherwise it's quite warm.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful island to be on and for work!! Too bad it isn't permanent! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't seem to stop saying it, but what a gorgeous place that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lovely place to work for six months! You are so lucky!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be very nice to live on this beautiful island, especially in these times. It al looks very peaceful as if there would be no harm in this world. Of course we know it isn't so, but a georgious place like Hvar can give you rest. I love all teh pics. You also look very beautiful in your outfits, I love the skirt but also the dress. (No, I also think there's no need to wear a mask there... :-))
    xx Maren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pink skirt is so great item!! It shows different forms in the wind!
    I love the white architecture, and that reminds me of Le Corbusier 's mother's house.
    Your many beach's pictures make me calm and happy!

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like the perfect place to live! Have a lovely week, dear xx

    NEW POST: https://fallingforvogue.blogspot.com/2020/04/hazte-fotos-en-casa.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! great entry. I hope I understood everything well, because my language is Polish: D I think you have a really great blog full of passion! Pictures are great too :) best regards from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ma beata te Ivana!!!! Vivi in un posto da favola, pieno di bellezza e libertà!
    E poi mi immagino in estate: sarà come stare in vacanza per 4 mesi!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! It looks like a charming village/town and a lovely place to be sent for work
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Ivana, I understand it would be totally okay for you if you live on the Island of Hvar as I learned through you that this is a very beautiful island. The outfits you show here are cool and sporty and I think the puffer jacket you bought in February was a good purchase.
    Liebe Grüße, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Ivana, how you doing?! First of all thanks for your warm comment on my latest blog post, always happy to read your thoughts and feedback.... when is your birthday by the way?!

    I can see why you're happy with Hvar, actually you always make me want to travel there, those views are incredible and if they take your breath away I can imagine that this sensation in person is even better!

    Moving due to work is such a great opportunity too, hope you're keeping safe and making the most of this place, despite the current situation! And thanks for taking us with you through this adventure!

    All the best!
    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really are spoilt for choice if it comes to hiking on island Hvar. The bays and beaches are magnificent and I would be hard put to choose a favourite. I too love house sightseeing! I'm always trying to imagine what it would be like living in my particular favourites, for which we would have to win the lottery :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sembra davvero un bel posticino, è bello che tu ti ci trovi così bene! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love beaches with natural shade!! Ah, ok, so you will be there for the duration of your contract! I hope you get to stay longer! I love seeing Croatia!
    It looks such a nice place to hike! I loved walking in Croatia when I visited even though so hot! It must be lovely to be there in the Spring!
    You manage to combine stylish and practical with your hiking outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful place to live! These are lovely pics.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You live in amazing place hun, would love to live there.


    xoxo
    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jelsa is so beautiful, I can't beleiev you've lived there for six months already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty nature, place and you <3333

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lakes in your area are ever so beautiful and well and truly make me want to be able to explore more again out in the sunshine! I'm so excited for when this lockdown ends :) Enjoy your beautiful area and have a healthy week babe!

    aglassofie.com x

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you have to move somewhere for work, Jelsa village sounds like a really ideal location. And it looks like you've been making the most out of your time there enjoying all that it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never been there but the views are amazing! I would like to be there now :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what beautiful places!
    Even if you return to your hometown in a while, it is good to enjoy the moments you spend in these different places :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  26. What beautiful places.

    Kisses
    www.pimentadeacucar.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful place, living on an island is such a dream, certainly has a special spirit and I feel like locals are way more connected <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  28. It does look like an amazing place :-D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so beautiful place! I miss Croatia so much (one of my favorite destinations).
    I hope it will be possible to visit Croatia this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

TIPS FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE EASTER CELEBRATION

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

How To Wear Yellow In Summer? + Mostar's panorama + Goranci restaurant

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE