MY 10 FAV CROATIAN DESTINATIONS OF YEAR 2019

As the title would imply, this list is highly subjective- that is why I used the personal pronoun in the title. I suppose that any destination list is somewhat subjective, but this one is especially so. My favourite destinations clearly implies that it is all about my personal preference. There are many amazing destinations in Croatia so pay in mind that this list is only about my experiences.  Half of the places on this lists are placed on island Hvar and all of them are in the region of Dalmatia, so clearly there is some nepotism in my choices. I admit to it without hesitation, for as I said, this is a personal list.


 In 2019, I have spend a total of four months in Croatia. What were my happy places? What destinations I choose to return to? Today I'll share with you some of my favourite places in Croatia. Where relevant, the photographs are linked up with original posts, you may click them to see and read more. I typically do write something about places I visit. 

1. VRBOSKA,  ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA
This little village on island Hvar truly stole my heart. Autumn in Vrboska was wonderful and I can't wait what the winter will be like here.  I will blog more about this place in the future.




2. MAKARSKA, CROATIA
Makarska is an iconic Croatian coastal city, very popular with the tourists. I wasn't able to resist its charms either. When an opportunity presented itself, I grabbed it and visited this lovely city twice. 
https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2019/03/croatian-destinations-makarska-city.html
 
 3. TUČEPI, CROATIA
Situated right next to Makarska, Tučepi is another beautiful place to visit. This time what caught my attention was a historical church of saint Anthony located in upper part of Tučepi.

5. SPLIT, CROATIA 
Split needs no introduction. My hometown is an ever fascinating mixture of ancient and modern. 

6. TROGIR, CROATIA 
Trogir is pure magic. This coastal historical town never ceases to amazes me. I love it such as much as I love Split and that's saying a lot. Bursting with life in summer, it's wonderfully calm in winter.

7. JELSA, ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA 
I visited Jelsa a couple of times last year. When I blogged about those visits, I had no idea that I will move there for work, but that's how things turned out. I will probably stay in Jelsa for the time being. 

8. STARIGRAD, ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA
Stari Grad is an amazing city to visit any time of year. I'm so fortunate to live so near it at the moment. I'm really enjoying visiting this town in the colder months when everything is so serene. 




9. TORAC BAY, GDINJ VILLAGE, ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA 
I pretty much grew up in this bay, I have spend a lot of my summer there and this one was no exception. Torac bay is lovely and the other bays that are a part of Gdinj village are worth a visit too.

10. HVAR CITY, ISLAND HVAR, CROATIA 
Another beautiful historical port city, Hvar is considered a jet set destination. You would have never guessed it in the colder months, when it is practically deserted. There are many valid reasons to visit this city, if for nothing than because of its rich history and architecture. 
As always, thank you for reading and commenting!

Comments

  1. Questo post è davvero utile, Ivana! Io sono stata in Croazia anni fa d'estate ma non ho visto quasi nessuno di questi posti, che sembrano tutti interessantissimi!!!
    Sicuramente li terrò a mente per la prossima volta che avrò la possibilità di visitare quei bellissimi luoghi!
    Tanti auguri di buone feste ed uno splendido 2020!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful places dear

    www.infinitelyposh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post je sjajan, a mjesta su prelijepa. Nisam bila u Hrvatskoj, ali definitivno imam želju da odem tamo, najviše zbog Plitvičkih jezera. Takođe, Stari grad mi je u ovom postu zapao za oko jer me nenormalno podsjeća na Kotor, kojim sam bila fascinirana. Sjajan post.💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice guide. It's worth using someone else's experiences when traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sono tutti belli questi luoghi che hai scelto, mi sembra di aver viaggiato assieme a te!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely recap. You are lucky to have spent 4 months in beautiful Croatia. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking me along on your journey through Croatia! What a stunningly beautiful country, Ivana! You are so, so lucky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Croatia appears so beautiful. I've never been in the southern part of Europe and here, I see what I'm missing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a joyous New Year.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).