VISIT BAY SOLINE ON ISLAND HVAR WITH ME!

Do you want to see the most beautiful bays on island Hvar? Just stick with me and you'll learn all about what this island has to offer in terms of stunning beaches and secluded bays. If you're looking for insider tips about the best beaches on island Hvar, you've come to the right place. Today I have another beautiful bay to share with you. This time I'm taking you to amazing Soline bay. This beautiful bay is located on the same peninsula as much of Vrboska village. From this bay you have an excellent view of Jelsa as well as the other side of Vrboska village. Moreover, Soline bay can boost with a large and stunning pebble beach. The sea is crystal clear and the position of this bay is ideal for sunbathing. On the other hand, if things get too hot there are plenty of pine tress under which you can find shade and escape the sun. What is there not to love?
The fact that this beach is so exposed to the sun makes it ideal or a winter visit. Everyone loves a bit of sun in winter time, isn't it so? Well, Hvar island has a record number of sunny days per year so it is a pretty good place to sunbathe on overall. Soline bay is pretty secluded so you don't have to worry about the wind and the cold. You can just find a chair and relax on the spot. There wasn't anything open in vicinity but there were some chairs laying around, so naturally I took the opportunity to sit for a while in one of them. I believe there is a restaurant opened in vicinity during the summer, but right now there is nobody around. So, if you value your peace now is the ideal time to visit. There is a good chance you won't see a soul if you visit off season. We had this beach all to ourselves. It was only after our walk that I ran into a colleague of mine but really you can walk for miles and not see a soul. If you want an introvert vacation, this might be a great place for you. I sure enjoyed the piece and quiet of this beach. It is so serene and the views are amazing. After I had enjoyed the view, I spent some time admire how clear the sea water is. Sometimes I have a hard time convincing people that this is sea water just because it is so crystal clear but it really is. For those of you who are brave and don't fear the cold, a swim might be an option. This time I just enjoyed admiring the sea from the beach. I didn't take a dip but I was tempted. Perhaps I would try it if I wasn't still ill. This way I only washed my hands in the sea. I can't wait until I take a first swim here. Imagine how lovely it will be!
I'm not only a frequent visitor of island Hvar, I'm also based here at the moment. I've blogged about many locations on island Hvar so far.  So, if you want to learn more about this island, feel free to visit my old posts. 
MORE POSTS ABOUT ISLAND HVAR 1. INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CHURCH OF SAINT STEPHEN, STARI GRAD2. VISITING BASINA BAY ON ISLAND HVAR3. ADVENT IN STARI GRAD: TWO OUTFIT PROPOSALS
4.STARI GRAD IN AUTUMN: WHAT TO WEAR FOR SIGHT SEEING?
5.VISIT STARI GRAD ON ISLAND HVAR WITH ME
6. INSIDE OF A RENAISSANCE VILLA OF PETAR HEKTOROVIC
7.VRBOSKA (AKA LITTLE VENICE) ON ISLAND HVAR
8.TARTAN BLAZER AND A GUIDE TO JELSA
9. A BEACH OUTFIT FEATURING A CHERRY PRINT A LINE DRESS
10. ISLAND HIKING OUTFIT FEATURING A GEOMETRIC PRINT DRESS
11.A SEASIDE PAINTING INSPIRED BY BAY TORAC
12.A STRIPED ROMPER AND A CAPER FLOWER
13. MY TOP CROATIAN DESTINATIONS OF YEAR 2019
14. TORAC BAY, ISLAND HVAR
15. VISITING SUĆURAJ ON ISLAND HVAR
16. CLIMBING THE FORTRESS IN HVAR CITY
17. PERFECTLY VALID REASONS FOR VISITING HVAR IN WINTER TIME
18. VISITING HVAR TOWN IN WINTER PART 2
19. VISITING HVAR IN WINTER PART 1
20. CHURCH FORTRESS OF SAINT MARY OF MERCY, VRBOSKA
21. VISIT MALA STINIVA BAY ON ISLAND HVAR PART 1
22. VISIT MALA STINIVA ON ISLAND HVAR PART 2
23. THE CHURCH OF SAINT GEORGE, GDINJ
24. BAY TORAC, ISLAND HVAR IN SUMMER
25. NECKLACE INSPIRED BY GDINJ, ISLAND HVAR
26. IN FRONT OF MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE
27. MAGNENTA COAT (MOST PHOTOS TAKEN ON ISLAND HVAR)
28. JELSA CITY AND A BOOK RECOMMENDATION
29. FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HVAR CITY
30. FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: JELSA

 THE STORY OF AN OUTFIT- HOW I WORE IT BEFORE?
There is actually a new item in this outfit. After completely avoiding shopping for a long time, I picked up a few new things. It's really been a while since I bought something clothes related. I actually haven't done any textile related shopping for Christmas or New Year (or even after) but a few days ago I took advantage of a sale in Mana store to pick up a few things. This purple jacket was one of them. I have been wearing it non stop since I bought it so I think it was a good choice. The rest of my outfit is quite old, the dress being the newest pieces and the boots the oldest.
THE PEPLUM DRESS
This beautiful high waisted peplum dress was sent to me last spring by Bellepoque. I have worn it quite a few times since then. You can see how I styled it in the past here, here and here. I was probably a bit overdressed for hiking with this dress but what can I say? Sometimes I like to overdress. I rarely wear sporty items and even for hiking/trekking/walking I sometimes wear dresses. 
THE SHORT BLACK COAT
I devoted a whole blog post to this coat, showing you more than 30 ways to style it.  Since then I have even worn it a few more times. What's my goal? How about 100 wears? I'm honestly surprised how well this coat has stood the test of time considering it's from a fast fashion store (Tally Weijl). 
THE BLACK BAG
I got this bag from my husband. I wear it a lot. See herehereherehere herehere and here
THE BROWN BOOTS
I'm not sure about the brand of these boots but I bought them in a quality shoe store so they must be well made. I have had them for seven years now and they show no trace of wear. They're both comfy and warm, but something about this heel never felt quite right. They are comfortable to wear but not for the longest periods of time. If you want to see how I styled them before, you can do so here, here, here.
 
This is actually not the only bay named Soline in Croatia, there is another one but that one isn't located on island Hvar. When you visit bay Soline on island Hvar, don't forget to walk around and explore the area- it is truly beautiful.  I do recommend exploring this area on foot. We didn't just stay at the beach, we had a walk and discovered more lovely bays, one more beautiful than another. This truly is a magical area. There is also a naturalist bay and camp in vicinity if nudism if your thing. Vrboska definitely has a lot to offer. I cannot wait to explore it fully. I feel like I'm learning something new every day. I definitely feel inspired to create some new paintings. You can buy my art inspired by island Hvar herehereherehere and here
 

As always, thank you very much for reading and visiting. Have a lovely week ahead!

Comments

  1. Wow, that is just incredibly beautiful, Ivana! Sea water can be very clear, but brrr, it can also be very cold to swim in! That beach looks so wonderful - I can almost feel the sun on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be a nice place to visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in burgundy and what a nice beach! I hope you are able to go for a swim soon! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ivana Split. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in reading and fashion. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouaged sterengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the PASTORAL MINISTRY for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life chnging experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking so chic on the beach here, babe! Hope you're having a lovely week!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when I thought you must have shown us all the bays on Island Hvar, here you are presenting us yet another peace of heaven. Island Hvar really looks like paradise. You're giving us another fix of sunshine as well, which is very welcome in these parts. It does look very peaceful and quiet, although I should think it's a different story in high season. You might be a tad overdressed for a hike, but I usually am as well. It doesn't have to be a sporty look all the time. Loving the new purple jacket, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I get easily bored of sporty outfits, I really don't wear active wear that much, even less than I show on my blog.

      Delete
  7. Handsomely! I'd love to visit these places. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to visit Hvar. Your photos leave me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow what a beautiful place! What gorgeous photos the water is so clear xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always showcase your area so wonderfully. I love how it's like you have the beach to yourself. That is the time to go because we always need Vitamin D.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Какое красивое место! Природа просто невероятная! Цвет воды - просто нечто)
    А твой аутфит очень стильный и отлично подходит для фото в этом месте

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soline Bay looks more natural and peaceful!
    The white sand is beautiful!
    Your outfit look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mi viene voglia di partire subito, davvero incantevole e bellissimo il tuo look!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Ivana, you bought the perfect new purple jacket and I really like it how you have combined the hole look! And wow, this bay is a dream, you are right that it is perfect to be there in winter. Thanks for sharing and all the beautiful pictures!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new purple jacket is so great, and that peplum dress is so beautiful in that jacket!
    Many pine trees and beautiful beach!! I would love to swim there someday<3
    Thank you for sharing!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another wonderful place you share with us! Thank you so much!
    Have a nice day!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Questa è esattamente il tpo di baia che amo di più: con sabbia e scogli, mare cristallino e la vegetazione e gli alberi fin quasi a riva! Se in estate fosse vuota come in queste foto sarebbe il paradiso!
    Secondo me la prossima estate te la godrai alla grande!!!
    Super carino il tuo look, forse in effetti è un tantino esagerato per una gita al mare, ma tutto sommato con gli scarponcini hai compensato bene l'eleganza dell'abito.
    Il peplum dress, tra l'altro, ti dona proprio come taglio, sei deliziosa! :)
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Croatia is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and also that bay is so fabulous place! Love also that look, you look gorgeous in burgundy and that coat is so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dearest Ivana,
    you are so right - "a bit of sun in winter time" sounds very tempting. And the pictures of this breathtaking landscape are beautiful. You look very chic as always! :-)
    Hugs, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2020/02/ostsee-2019-tallinn.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey dear Ivana, how you doing?! Hope everything is going well!

    As usual taking us to the most amazing places around your area, and it is nice that you can go to Croatia easily, I've been dying to book a trip to this country but you know.... lack of time haha!

    I love how the water looks so clear, I would like to dive in.... but not right now, maybe in the summer haha!

    Aaaah and burgundy suits so well in you, take more advantage of this color Ivana :D!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. The sea here is really crystal clear.

      Delete
  21. Hello
    With this corona virus problem, we will soon not be able to travel and visit, for example, this Hvar island, thanks for sharing such a beautiful place. The photos are beautiful!! and finally you bought a piece of clothing, you look beautiful !!!

    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa. Let's hope corona virus thing gets resolved soon.

      Delete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing this beach with us. It look amazing, water is so cristal clean and I can perfectly imagine how people enjoy during summer months. Also I love your outfit. You have such a beautiful coat.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/02/narciso-rodriguez-for-her-eau-de_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great style and lovely place to visit :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful discovery! Those colours and the sunshine are just perfect especially on such a grey snowy day like today! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable Outfit and Location!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look wonderful!! I love the way the sunlight hits the beach and water, it's so calming!! I hope you have a gorgeous day x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking chic hun, the beach looks so peaceful and beautiful!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

Metković (outfit post/ odjevna objava)

Inspired by...Nadahnuta sa...