TWO WAYS TO STYLE A BLACK RUFFLED MIDI DRESS FOR EVERYDAY WINTER WEAR

Sometimes you want to get all dolled up, but baby it is cold outside. Fortunately, what I learned is that feeling the cold is optional. That is how I learned to love winter (and I wrote about it in more detail here). Basically, I learned to dress better for winter. I figured out that you can still wear all the cute dresses you want and not freeze to death. The trick is in layering. You can do the whole layering over your feminine dress in two ways: you can go for multiple layers or you can pick one really warm outwear item. That is what I did with both outfit proposals I have for you today. You know, if you find good quality outwear, you should be warm no matter what you wear. Another important aspect of winter wardrobe is comfy and cozy shoes. My solution for winter is: heeled boots. What I like about a good pair of heeled boots is that it keeps our feet warm while at the same time keeping our outfits more feminine (check out this post for more tips on how to dress femininely in winter) and making us look leaner. Winter styling doesn't have to be dull. It can be fun, I promise.  
As the title indicates, today I'll show you two ways to wear a black ruffled dress. I got this dress recently from a site and I liked it so much I decided to wear it on everyday basis. It feels like a shame to save our pretty dresses just for special occasions, doesn't it? Especially when most dresses can be easily adapted for everyday way. That is what I did with this dress on two occasions. Scroll down to see two outfit proposals with this dress. In case you're wondering, the location for these images is Jelsa on island Hvar, Croatia. I didn't stay in this resort, but I walked past it and that is how these images came to be. I rarely plan my outfit posts, I mean I do visit lovely locations when I'm hiking, but sometimes I'm lucky and stumble on nice locations. I also happen to live in a gorgeous place. 

#1 STYLING IDEAS: WITH CARAMEL HEELED BOOTS AND A BLACK PUFFER COAT
 Now a few words about the other items in my closet. I've had these camel boots for years. In fact, I blogged about different ways to wear them not too long ago (HERE) and this is one of the latest looks I wore them in. The burgundy bag isn't a new item either. I wore it here, here, here , here and here. The puffer jacket is a recently purchase but I have already worn it here. You may expect it to see featured more on this blog soon enough. Anyhow, I was really happy with this look (#malenavibes).

#2 STYLING IDEA: WITH BLACK HEELED BOOTS AND A BROWN FAUX FUR COAT
Once again, this outfit proposal is all about brown and black coats. This time I opted for heeled black boots (see how I styled them with jeans here and here + with a dress here and here). In addition, I wore a warm brown faux fur jacket (I devoted a special post to different ways of wearing this brown coat here and after that I wore it here and here). I'm sure I'll hit at least 50 wears with this one. 


....AND NOW A FEW MORE IMAGES OF LOVELY JELSA WITH LINKS LEADING TO 
MORE POSTS ABOUT ISLAND HVAR.....

3. ADVENT IN STARI GRAD: TWO OUTFIT PROPOSALS4.STARI GRAD IN AUTUMN: WHAT TO WEAR FOR SIGHT SEEING?5.VISIT STARI GRAD ON ISLAND HVAR WITH ME6. INSIDE OF A RENAISSANCE VILLA OF PETAR HEKTOROVIC7.VRBOSKA (AKA LITTLE VENICE) ON ISLAND HVAR8.TARTAN BLAZER AND A GUIDE TO JELSA9. A BEACH OUTFIT FEATURING A CHERRY PRINT A LINE DRESS10. ISLAND HIKING OUTFIT FEATURING A GEOMETRIC PRINT DRESS11.A SEASIDE PAINTING INSPIRED BY BAY TORAC12.A STRIPED ROMPER AND A CAPER FLOWER13. MY TOP CROATIAN DESTINATIONS OF YEAR 201914. TORAC BAY, ISLAND HVAR15. VISITING SUĆURAJ ON ISLAND HVAR16. CLIMBING THE FORTRESS IN HVAR CITY17. PERFECTLY VALID REASONS FOR VISITING HVAR IN WINTER TIME18. VISITING HVAR TOWN IN WINTER PART 219. VISITING HVAR IN WINTER PART 120. CHURCH FORTRESS OF SAINT MARY OF MERCY, VRBOSKA21. VISIT MALA STINIVA BAY ON ISLAND HVAR PART 122. VISIT MALA STINIVA ON ISLAND HVAR PART 223. THE CHURCH OF SAINT GEORGE, GDINJ24. BAY TORAC, ISLAND HVAR IN SUMMER25. NECKLACE INSPIRED BY GDINJ, ISLAND HVAR26. IN FRONT OF MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE27. MAGNENTA COAT (MOST PHOTOS TAKEN ON ISLAND HVAR)28. JELSA CITY AND A BOOK RECOMMENDATION29. FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: HVAR CITY30. FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: JELSA31. VISIT BAY PRAPATNA ON ISLAND HVAR WITH ME32. VISIT BAY SOLINE ON ISLAND HVAR WITH ME
As always, thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. I love that dressed styled with the brown coat! So fabolous!

    Tracy
    https://www.findyourdazzle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely dress and you've layered it nicely both ways! I still wear dresses in winter too :)

    Hope that you are having a nice week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its important to dress correctly in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romantico e femminile, bellissimo quest'abito... mi piace come lo hai reso versatile con il tuo styling!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ivana, hope you're doing great!

    I know! Winter clothes are nice, but when it comes to face freezing temperatures everyday it becomes a challenge, especially if you don't want to look like a snow man haha! So I'd say thermic clothes + layers are the key to survive. I like that you propose to wear dresses that could also be worn during spring, just adding it a coat and some other warm items :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Pablo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, those two things are the key for staying warm.

      Delete
  6. totally love your outfit! looks like you had a great trip

    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant winter look my dear - such a beautiful area behind your back. You are living in beautiful country :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ma quanto è bello questo vestito Ivana e ti sta davvero benissimo e come al solito ci mostri dei luoghi splendidi!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Che bello quel vestito, Ivana, e ti dona tantissmo! Non mi meraviglia che tu voglia indossarlo tutti i giorni, sarebbe un peccato tenerlo nell'armadio!
    Le tue idee sono tutte molto furbe e utili, in effetti anche io uso spesso la stratificazione in inverno , soprattutto con calzini e capi termici super sottili che non si notano per niente sotto gli altri vestiti ma tengono cadissimo! :)
    Bellissime foto, vivi proprio in un posto meraviglioso!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the ruffled fishtail hem design of that black midi dress; such a flattering fit! You wear all-black very well Ivana :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look and I love the dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. That black ruffled dress is gorgeous and indeed it would be shame not to wear it on a daily basis. I love the idea of layering, and indeed always wear layers myself in Winter, I'm yet to wear a sleeveless dress in winter. I'd definitely need to wear a long-sleeved top underneath and/or a cardigan on top. And I'm not even someone who always feel the cold. Quite the contrary, actually. Anyway, that's just me. That mighty puffer and gorgeous faux fur might well keep you warm! Of the two outfits, I'm loving the first one best. Those tall tan boots look a treat worn under that dress. Boots are such a winter staple for me, I'm wearing them all the time with my dresses! Wishing you a lovely weekend, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your styling is Impeccable. Happy Friday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous dress, love these ruffles! I like both outfits and with faux fur coat is my favorite.
    You look so beautiful!
    Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boots definitely make everything better. And it's a smart option since they do keep up warmer. I just love the brown and black combined in the first outfit Ivana,
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This black ruffled dress looks nice with the fur jacket!
    It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fabulous in black although I'm feeling the cold just looking at your bare arms! The dress is a perfect fit and looks great with the chunky tan boots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vix. I was indoors when I wore this dress without layers so I wasn't cold.

      Delete
  18. The dress is lovely and it is super idea to adapt it for Winter by teaming it with a warm coat! I love that brown coat (which I think I say everytime you wear it!)x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dress goes so well with the jacket! Love how you styled this.

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sviđa mi se kako je sve iskombinovano i slažem se s tim da ne mora da znači ako je zima da ne mogu da se nose haljine - mogu, samo treba naći način za to. Odličan post.💖

    Sweet-dreams-14.blogspot.com - novi post

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are always beautiful, love these outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both the outfit with the ruffle dress looks fantastic on you Ivana!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are elegant and lovely in that ruffled dress!
    Today, it was very cold in Tokyo, so I need to wear boots.
    Thank you for always sharing your perfect outfits<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)