NATURE MONUMENT IN VICINITY OF MOSTAR CITY, HERZEGOVINA

14 years an expat in Bosnia and Herzegovina and I only discovered this place a few weeks ago. In fact, the two of us discovered it by chance. Event my significant other (a local and the reason why I moved to Herzegovina in the first place) didn't know about this place. You can find this amazing natural monument in vicinity of Mostar city.  Here is the spot where river Neretva divides in two, forming a pool like surface running on one end and a quick river on other. The same river, but two completely different scenes, running side by side. I hope to be able to visit this spot again some time soon, it's truly magnificent. We were fortunate in that summer lasted a bit longer here, so many early autumn days were very sunny and warm (as you can see for yourself). 




THE STORY OF AN OUTFIT

Not too long I have written about different ways to style a floral dress for every season (21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS). Moreover, I admitted to being something of a enthusiast when it comes to styling summer dress (a bit more on the subject here), but truth be told, I'm not always that creative. Sometimes I want to simplify things and take it be easy. Sometimes I want to get ready in five minutes. When I feel like that, I tend to simply grab my favourite summer dress, a pair of  leather sandals and a cute bag. These tropical print ones have proven to be so comfortable! I have worn them so many times already. There is nothing new about this outfit, but sometimes you need to rely on your classics. Why not? Fashion isn't just about trying new things all the time, it's about finding joy in putting an outfit together! Fashion is also about wearing things you like and cherishing your favourite clothing items. That's my personal definition anyway. You've seen me wear this cherry print dress many many times. The sandals are a spring purchase and the bag was an anniversary gift, but I've been wearing them non stop, so I know you have seen them plenty of times on this blog. However, sometimes there is nothing wrong in relying on clothing items that just work. Do you agree? I do love a printed dress. Any time is good time to rock printed dresses and I do plan to wear my printed dresses in autumn as well. With a printed dress, you don't need many accessories to get noticed. A printed dress is a statement piece on its own. In other words, perfect for those days when you're in a rush or feeling lazy. Not that you shouldn't get more creative if you feel like it? There are many ways to style a cherry print dress. If you want to see other suggestions you can check out this post where I wore this dress with a yellow bag to make it pop even more, or this post where I paired it with an oversize hat and kitten heels to make it more sophisticated and lady like. Here is a similar outfit, but with wedges. If you are the type that loves  perky accessories, check out this post where I wore this dress with hand made cat ears. Now, that we have talked clothes, let's get back to admiring the natural beauty of this place. 

I can't tell you how happy I am to have discovered this place. Herzegovina is truly abundant in natural beauty. Since I moved here, I discovered the true meaning of the phrase 'river magic'. I have fallen in love with Neretva river. Its unique beauty never ceases to amaze me.


 As always, thank you for visiting and commenting.

Comments

  1. I feel the same way about dresses! They're just so easy and comfortable. What a gorgeous place - that would be so good for the soul, to look at all that beauty. Sometimes it takes someone who's NOT a local to find out about new places!

    Have a lovely weekend, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. That's true. Locals often take things for granted.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely spot to visit! And your outfit is so cute, that's a really nice dress! :)

    Hope that you are having a great week :) I've got a scarf giveaway on my blog right now :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che posto incantevole Ivana, meno male che lo avete scoperto alla fine!
    Quanto stai bene con questa stampa!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing landscapes! Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a wonderful view
    New post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/10/the-best-cream-to-use-in-nigeria-during.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so stunning place- so wild, full of nature- absolutely love it.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures from there with us :-)

    So lovely dress btw :-)

    have a lovely weekend dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ivana, you name exactly the reason why I love wearing summer dresses! You only put on the dress with some sandals and a simple bag - and you are ready! You look super lovely in your look with the cherry dress and I understand that you are happy you discovered finally this beautiful place. To me this happens as well that I still discover new places in our area - although I even was born there :) Happy weekend!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rena. It is true that we can always discover new places and spots- if we keep our eyes open. Many bloggers say it is one of advantages of blogging. In search of photo locations, bloggers often discover beautiful areas in their cities, countries and regions.

      Delete
  8. Ma che posto stupendo che hai scoperto! Io trovo fantastico che anche i posti che pensiamo di conoscere meglio possano riservarci simili sorprese, ti fa ripensare a quante altre cose che magari ncora non conosci potrebbero venir scoperte in futuro e regalarci una sorpresa bella cme questa! :)
    Quanto ai vestiti estivi, io la penso esattamene come te: li amo soprattutto perchè basta mettere un paio di scarpe ed una borsa e sei pronta, una vera salvezza quando ai poco tempo e poca voglia di pensare ad un'outfit!
    A te poi donano tantissimo, sei super carina con questo look! :)
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful spot how lucky that you discovered it and that you had it all to yourselves! I hope it doesn't get packed with tourists now you've been kind enough to share it on your blog!
    Your dress is lovely, you can't beat a cotton dress and sandals in the summer and with a print that pretty there's no need to worry about styling it up, it looks perfect as it is.
    Have a fab weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it doesn't get packed with tourists. :) My blog isn't that widely read, but you never know.:)

      Delete
  10. I also love items that just work like your beautiful dress babe :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks amazing!!
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos and you look Great.
    Greetings.


    NEW POST!! NUEVO POST!!:http://www.adrianosle.com/2019/10/lookbook-giambattista-valli-x-h.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely place to visit! The scenery is so calm. You look beautiful Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so wonderful that you get out and explore your area this way, Ivana!!
    And the dress is fabulous. It's good to wear what we have, and we don't have to change it up all the time.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really beautiful place that you discovered! I always love that you wear the items you love and already own instead of always buying new ones. That cherry print dress is really pretty and I love how effortlessly beautiful this outfit is. I hope you have a great weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that place looks so relaxing! Perfect to stress out there. I certainly think there is nothing wrong with showing our clothes more then once! We do wear them more then once don't we! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a magical spot you've discovered Ivana! The scenery is truly magnificent, and even just looking at your photos is making me feel totally relaxed. Your cherry dress is so sweet, and there is nothing wrong with showing your clothes on your blog more than once. It would be sad if we only wore our clothes once in a while, wouldn't it? I've got many items of clothing that made it to the blog several times. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Open air is the best!

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a dreamy spot you have discovered Ivana, I totally love this magnificent place. I agree with you dresses are so comfortable and look stylish as well. You cherry printed dress is so cute. You are looking beautiful in this dress.
    Have a happy Monday.
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always wear that dress so lovely!
    Your words always remind me the truth of fashion!!
    Thank you, Ivana <3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic Location, you look wonderful <3

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  22. One summer I spent two weeks in Mostar and I was so amazed how city is beautiful. Architecture, history and nature was stunning. I didn't visit this place but maybe next year. I love your outfit so much, dresses is perfect and you look so beautiful.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/10/beauty-of-intuition_9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Mostar.

      Delete
  23. The river looks amazing! It is so cool to see a huge body of water running downstream. Your dress is so cute! Glad you had fun :).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love printed dresses too, dear Ivana! Your floral dress is cute and you look very pretty! The pictures with the Neretva river are beautiful!
    Have a lovely sunday!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG amazing place! I love your dress!


    xx
    https://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!