HOW TO STYLE A LEATHER JACKET WITH AN OVERSIZE SCARF FOR WINTER?
The title of this post is pretty straight forward. Today I'm going to show you a way in which you can style an oversize scarf with a leather jacket. To answer the question why you would want to do that in the first place, I'll just stress that leather jackets are a perfect outwear for cold and windy days. Many of you own a black leather jacket, I'm sure. Faux leather jackets are great item, but I'll talk about them some other time. Basically, leather jackets are great because they provide us with an isolation against the wind and the cold (especially quality ones). However, as you probably know, a leather leather is usually not the most soft item as such. To create that cozy feeling, you need to wear something soft underneath it. Why not wear something soft over it as well. A nice oversize scarf can be a great solution to make your leather jacket more cozy for the winter. Moreover, an oversize scarf can be a great pop of colour. In this outfit, I played with colours a bit to dress up the classical leather jacket.
This particular black leather jacket I'm wearing is vintage. You know I love vintage items, right? This one used to belong to my husband and I have worn it tons of time on the blog. I will probably continue wearing it until it falls apart (which might not happen in a long time). Anyhow, here I pared it with a plastic bag that comes in a bright yellow colour. I also opted for a colourful skirt paired with caramel boots. I do love to wear colour in winter. Tell me how do you like this outfit? It can be a challenge to create a feminine outfit in winter, but sometimes something as simple as putting on a warm skirt and a pair of boots with high heels can do the trick.We might be talking about spring collections (and some of us might be busy illustrating them) but the fact is that we're in midst of winter here, so we should dress for it. In addition, cozy outfits can be the perfect way to fight the winter blues. Do you agree? Enjoy your week ahead lovely people!
A lot of people say that a leather jacket is always a good idea. I have to admit that I would agree. Moreover, I can think of a few reasons wearing a leather jacket might be a safe bet. There is a lot to be said about the power of a leather jacket. Here are the advantages of a leather jacket as I see them:
WHY IS WEARING A LEATHER JACKET OFTEN A GOOD IDEA?
1. It can be worn with everything. Seriously, with anything! Name one other item that can be worn with joggers and a gown without making you look like a crazy person? I dare you to it. Can you think of anything? I can't. A trench coat comes close, but if you wear a trench coat with your gym clothes you won't look as cool as you would be if you worn them with the leather jacket.
2. It looks fantastic on both genders. It does! It is one sole items that I equally adore to see on both men and women. A good leather jacket is not only timeless, it is unisex. This is good news because you can steal it from your sweatheart. You can share it! How romantic!
3. It is the perfect item to get any outfit dressed down. It really is. Like I explained in my first point, wearing a leather jacket makes any outfit more cool and effortless.
4. From a strictly practical point of view, a leather jacket blocks wind. It really keeps you protected against the wind (that was its prime function back in the day). It is also a great protection against the sun ( I see some of you thinking WHAT? but when you live in a region when sun can gets quite intense, you get it). When a day is hot and sunny yet windy, it may be all that is standing between you and a cold.
5. You might get confused for a rock star. ( And who doesn't want that?!!!!) I mean does this clothing item has that badass vibe or what? Invoke your inner rebel. Wear it with pride. Rock it. Own it. Leather jacket can be a very powerful clothing item when you wear it with the right attitude.
What is your opinion about leather jackets? I always found them to be such classical items. Is there anything more timeless than a leather jacket? Considering that first clothing was made from fur and leather, it must had been one of the first clothing items. However, what we know as the leather jacket today is more similar to the ones worn by aviators and the military in the early 1900ties. Leather jackets have since been associated with many subcultures and groups (soldiers, cups, bikers, punks, goths, metal-heads etc) and ultimately they have made their way into closets of most people.
MORE COZY OUTFIT PROPOSALS WITH A LEATHER JACKET
If you are looking for more ways to style a leather jacket in winter, I've found some outfit proposals in my archives. Scroll down to have a look. Thank you for reading and have a lovely week ahead!