5 VINTAGE PIECES I HAVE WORN THE MOST IN 2019

Hello darlings! I thought it would be fun if I did a little recap with vintage items I have worn the most last year. I love vintage clothes and I think they add something interesting to every outfit. There are so many benefits to wearing vintage clothes, from ecological to practical ones. Vintage items are often quality made, meaning you can rely on them. Moreover, vintage pieces add that sense of history and style to the most simple of our outfits. I often pair my vintage items with my every day items. Typically I don't do the all vintage (historically and period accurate) looks, rather I pair my vintage pieces with modern clothes. So, let's see what items I have worn the most this year. The photographs are linked with the original outfit posts in case you want to see more. Scroll down to see more. 


1. A VINTAGE PINK KNIT CARDIGAN 
My grandmother was so happy to see me wear this pink knit recently. She was happy I have kept it all these years and so am I. There is nothing better than a clothing item that comes with a story. Well, this pink knit sure has a story to tell. Moreover, I love that it is pink. I don't have that many pink items in my wardrobe and I do like this colour. The length of this knit is lovely too, perfect for pairing with high waist items (that I'm rather partial too). This vintage knit is  precious to me. 

2. A VINTAGE  PLEATED PINK DRESS
The next vintage item I have worn this year also comes in pink. Now, I have spoken about this pleated dresses many times on my blog. It is another family vintage item. My mother got it from her relatives from Australia & New Zealand ages ago. She wore it to some wedding when she was still a teen. That's the only time she's worn it, but fortunately she kept it and I've been wearing it for years, this year being no exception. I don't wear it on every day basis because I want to keep it for as long as I can, but I don't wear it only for special occasions either. I love pulling it out of my closet and styling it as day wear. 


3. A PAIR OF VINTAGE LEVI'S 501 
Now it is time for a more casual item. This pair of vintage Levi's 501 was probably one of the most worn jeans in my closet.  I don't wear jeans on every day basis, but when I do, it is usually a vintage pair of jeans that I opt for. This pair is older than me and it was a lucky find. I'm so happy to own it. I find this classical cut really so easy to wear. Sometimes I pair my Levi's 501 while sneakers and sometimes I dress them up with heeled boots. I enjoy wearing my Levi's 501 in all seasons.





4. A VINTAGE YELLOW BLAZER 
This yellow blazer is actually a part of a matching suit, but I have worn it a lot on its own this year. It's such a great piece, a ray of sunshine in my wardrobe. I find it really easy to style and I wear it with anything from dresses to leggings and jeans. I plan to wear it in year 2020 as well. 

5. A VINTAGE PAIR OF WHITE JEANS 
White jeans are such a great addition to our wardrobe. They are neutral and easy to style. I own a few pairs of white jeans and they are all vintage. This year I wore them a lot. I often reached for them in the colder months, because I like the whole 'wear white in the winter' thing. I think white touches can really freshen up our winter outfits. I definitely plan to keep on wearing white jeans in 2020. 
That would be all for today. How do you like these outfits. What vintage pieces have you worn the most in 2019? What vintage pieces do you plan to wear in 2020? Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. All of these pieces look so beautiful that I will never guess that they are vintage. Also you style them so amazing and show so many stunning outfits in this post. Thank you for sharing and Happy Holidays.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/12/viktor-rolf-bonbon-eau-de-parfum_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the vintage cardigan and the Levi's!
    Have a nice weekend!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Predivne stvari, ali roze haljina i Levi's 501 su mi najlepše! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, all of these vintage pieces look fabulous.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    www.infinitelyposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sono tutti belli questi look ma devo dire che il vestito rosa è il mio preferito!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Io adoro i pezzi vintage e mi piace molto come li hai abbinati tu! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous vintage pieces! I love the yellow blazer! Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage is the best! As you've proved, vintage pieces are so versatile, unique and there's no rules in how to wear them. thanks for sharing your favourites. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I do believe there are no rules. We can wear them as we like.

      Delete
  9. What a great round-up of outfits, Ivana! I'm especially enamoured by your pink cardigan (I have a very similar one) and the pink pleated dress. You sure know how to wear white jeans, too, and I love the outfit where you're wearing them with the white floral maxi dress! Hurray for vintage pieces, which will never go out of fashion! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

TWO SPORTY FLORAL OUTFITS FEATURING STRIPED STARTAS SNEAKERS