VISIT GORANCI WITH ME + OUTFIT PROPOSAL ( DIY PAINTED JACKET)

April is finally here, and that means spring is in full swing. The temperatures are not exactly predictable, but that is spring for you. As long as there is sun, I'm not complaining. You can always throw on a jacket if it gets windy, right? That is what I did with this outfit. I'll get into more details later on. One thing I love about spring is taking the chance to spend more time in the open. Spring is simply perfect for little getaways and trips. Speaking of which, today I prepared another travel post for you.

 Recently, I have visited Goranci village for a little giveaway. Only five minutes drive from Mostar, this village is a great weekend destination. In fact,  I visit this little village fairly often. In spring this area is especially beautiful, and that makes it perfect for little trips. Everything is green and the air here is so fresh. It's lovely seeing horses and other domestic animals around. There is also a hiking and bicycle track that I can recommend, having tried it once or twice. Feel free to visit my old posts for more details. Herzegovina is full of hidden gems like this one, I tell you. I could probably spend all days here without getting bored, just staring at the mountains and enjoying the fresh air.






Are you interested in learning more about Goranci village? Do you want to see more? Rural tourism has many advantages and is gaining popularity. Is it something you'll like to try out? If your answer is yes, you're welcomed to check out these old posts about Goranci village.



When we arrived to Goranci, first we stopped for drinks in restaurant Goranci. There I ordered a natural  aronia and apple juice that is produced locally. I tried it before in another local restaurant but couldn't find it in stores. We asked the waiter where the juice could be bought, and he told us that we can buy half a litter bottle for ten euros so we bought a bottle to take home. Ten euros may sound a bit pricey for half a liter, but I believe it is always good to support local businesses. So, if you stop for drinks in this restaurant, remember that you can buy this juice. 




While we were walking about, we met some extremely friendly dogs. The dogs followed us around all the time we were there, so we were in good company. I don't know if you know, but I'm definitely an animal lover. I love dogs and I think they always sense that because they always come running to me. So, you see we where in good company.  I was planning to write about local breeds of dogs, I think that would be an interesting subjects for all dog lovers. It is amazing how many breeds of dogs are there, isn't it?


MY OUTFIT

Now, a few words about my outfit. This white vintage jacket has a blue tree painted on it. I painted it myself with textile paints a while back. I'll leave a photo and a link bellow just in case anyone is interested in trying this DIY project. I wrote a lot about painting with textile paints, and as always you're welcomed to check out my old posts about it. The pros of this kind DIY project are pretty obvious. When you paint on clothes (or/and accessories) you end up with a personalized item. Who wouldn't want that? What are the cons? Well, one of the downsides of painting with fabric/textile paints is that  you might not be happy with the result. This DIY project can actually turn out less  then satisfactory. I know, this might sound odd coming from someone who is always cheering for DIY projects and writing about them, but I'm also all for honesty. I don't regret painting a single clothing item or accessory but before you do it yourself, ask yourself will you regret it? Obviously, there is always a choice that a DIY project will not end up well. What is my advice? Think about what you really want and only then reach for the textile paints. Painting with textile paints isn't difficult and you can always use patterns or copy the design onto the clothing item. However, once you paint something, there is usually no going back so keep that in mind.   If you're looking for some textile paints DIY project inspiration, feel free to check out my previous posts here,  hereherehere, here , here , here , here , here and  here.

DIY PAINTED JACKET 
Now, a few words about the rest of my outfit. I wore a staw hat and tied a blue scarf around it so my outfit would be more matchy matchy. I do love wearing straw fedora hats in spring, I think they look good with anything and they do offer protection against the sun. It's all about those spring vibes, right? I love how this jacket is warm despite having 3/4 sleeves and since I hand painted it, I wear it even more. I think it looks great paired with blue and white items. For instance for this outfit, I wore  it with an ordinary white shirt and a pair of blue jeans. It's all about basics with some DIY touches to keep it interesting. White and blue is always a nice colour combo, and it seems very appropriate for the spring. I think this kind of casual styling would look good for every day. What do you think? Do you like my hiking outfit? Do you like this area? Let me know in the comments. 


As always, thank you for reading. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. Bello il tuo outfit così fresco! Foto bellissime, brava!
    Baci,
    PeonyNanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That design on your jacket looks beautiful, you did a great job with it! :) How sweet the dogs stopped for some pats too - I'm definitely a dog person!

    Hope your week is off to a good start! It's been a good one here, enjoying the cooler autumn weather which is a change from the humidity! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place look very relaxing and when it comes to your jacket, wow ... well done. I love it, it's unique (what a great idea).
    Have a wonderful week, hugs!
    Dusana

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dusana, I'm happy you like the jacket. It is a very simple DIY, all it took was the idea really, I always have some textile paint at home.

      Delete
  4. Your jacket looks fab and this place looks so peaceful and pretty.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Digging your jacket, girlfriend! Happy spring!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ivana, for sure I like your outfit and I admire you for your fantastic skills! And I see in Goranci it is very beautiful - the country where you live at the moment has indeed obviously hidden gems! Like you I try to support the sellers of local products. Therefore, I understand why you bought the juice. And the dogs very obviously really friendly! Thanks for the wonderful pictures.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rena. The juicy is lovely, I don't regret buying it. I also bought milk and butter in this village a few times. Local products are the best! :)

      Delete
  7. The pictures are amazing! The dogs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with the jacket, it looks lovely.
    I've painted bags with fabric paint but don't own any plain, unpatterned clothes although I've block printed sheets before now.
    Those dogs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that's becoming a problem for me, btw. I don't have that many plain clothing either, and I painted on almost all of my remaining plain clothing.

      Delete
  9. It's really convenient that Goranci village is so closely situated to Mostar. All that greenery there looks so refreshing and how sweet that those dogs wanted to enjoy the day there with you. They probably also wanted to get a closer look at the lovely artwork you made on your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena, the dogs were adorable indeed.

      Delete
  10. Ma che bel posto per una gita, soprattutto per godersi il sole e l'aria aperta della bella stagione!
    E poi anche io adoro gli animali ed il solo fatto che lì ci siano cani così amichevoli per me sarebbe già una ragione sufficiente per andarci!^^
    Il tuo look è molto molto carino e chic! La giacca ti è venuta benissimo! :D
    Hai proprio ragione a dire che il diy non sempre dà i risultati sperati, anzi molto spesso è proprio il contrario! Si arriva a buoni risultati sono dopo molta pratica e di solito i primi tentativi sono piuttosto scarsi... Insomma bisogna farli con la consapevolezza che non si ha esperienza e che potrebbe non venire bene altrimenti risultano una delusione.
    Tu sei molto brava a dipingere e ti eserciti tanto, e infatti ti vengono bene queste cose!
    Bellissime foto!
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful landscape! The dogs must have been a treat to be around. I love sweet, loving animals. I love how you painted your jacket. Very pretty. Overall a very cute look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dogs were very sweet indeed and I enjoying having them around.

      Delete
  12. First, how cute you found a friend while you were out. Makes me want a dog again...
    And I LOVE how you DIYed that jacket. That's so something my mom would do. I would yearn to do it, but never get around to it...ha ha.
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have a dog again, but I'm too afraid (our last dog was poisoned, I don't think I could go through that again).

      Delete
  13. I didn't know that you painted your jacket until you pointed it out! You are so creative! I love the DIY. Though I would love to try that, I'm not too confident because I know I'll mess it up!

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love DIY projects, especially those that involve painting.

      Delete
  14. Your jacket is super cool. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing place and love your casual chic style!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: VISIT DUBAI - SECOND OUTFIT

    ReplyDelete
  16. amo il look, bellissimo poter stare all'aperto con i propri cani *_*

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pictures are so lovely and I'm so impressed that you hand painted your jacket!Lovely outfit and hats are one of my favorite accessory pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Chrissy. I love painting my clothes.

      Delete
  18. Me encanta hacer turismo rural!! En España es un tipo de vacaciones muy usado, además con el stress que llevamos todos, el estar en contacto con la naturaleza te hace desconectar y cargar pilas!! El lugar que nos muestras se ve precioso!!!!


    https://elblogderenee.blogspot.com/2019/04/blusa-de-encaje.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing and to keep your point in post.

    Nahid | https://bestclicknow.com/hair-serum-women/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You did an amazing job with your jacket! It looks fab, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you Asha. I had a lot of fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. cudowne zdjęcia, psiaki przesłodkie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful post! thanks for sharing love.


    Love,
    Ferbena
    Pastel Hair Colors Ideas You Need Try in 2019




    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

HOW TO STYLE A YELLOW BLAZER FOR SPRING? A FEMININE OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

For the love of flowers...Za ljubav prema cvijeću....(Buna, BIH)