VISIT RUJISTE (A MOUNTAIN OASIS NEAR MOSTAR ) WITH ME!

Summer isn't over yet and that means one thing: wanderlust. I don't know what it is about summer that makes me want to turn into a nomad. I get this urge to wonder of, explore and be adventurous
Today I'm taking you with me to Rujiste (proper spelling Rujištepronunciation  Ruyshte) a nature oasis located on mountain Prenj. This mountain is only a short drive away from Mostar city, which makes it ideal for a little weekend (or day) getaway. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to tell you a bit about this place first. Basically, Rujiste is an area located between mountains Prenj and Veles (proper spelling Veleš, pronounciation Velesh). Fun fact: Veles is named after a pagan Slavic god Velesh. Rujište is more a part of Prenj mountain, though. The altitude is around one thousand meters. The peaks of mountain Prenj are significantly higher, over two thousands meters. In fact, the high peaks of Prenj are why this mountain is sometimes nicknamed the Herzegovian Himalaya. So, let's see what this Herzegovian Himalaya has to offer!

MOUNTAIN TOURISM IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
What are some of best mountain destinations in Herzegovina? That is the questions that I've been trying to answer with a series of posts (like this one or this one). There are many beautiful mountains in Herzegovina. I think that most people aren't aware of how many mountains there are in Herzegovina, or in Bosnia and Herzegovina for that matter. Try googling mountains in Bosnia and Herzegovina and you'd probably be surprised with the number of mountains with peaks over 1,500 meters. Do you know how many of them there are? 64! Yes, there really are 64 mountains with peaks over 1,500 meters in Bosnia and Herzegovina (maybe even more, I know of 64 for sure). So, when I say many mountains I don't just mean quite a few, I mean- there really is a whole lot of them. If we take into account all the mountains, not just super high ones, we're talking about hundreds. Yes, hundreds of mountains!

I've always loved mountains, so when my significant other suggested visiting Rujište again, I was one happy kitty. As I pointed out in my earlier posts, Rujiste itself is located less than 20 km from Mostar, so you can get there in a heart beat. Getting to Rujiste by car couldn't be more simple or easier. Anyhow, due to its vicinity to Mostar, Rujiste is a popular destination in all seasons. You can climb thousand of meters in a relatively short time. Click here to see what Rujište looks like in winter and here to read about my previous summer visit. 

WHERE TO STAY AND DINE IN RUJISTE? 
When we drove to Rujište we decided to stop by hotel Snježna kuća (meaning Snow house). There we ordered drinks and enjoyed the views. The mountain air must have opened our appetite because we decided to have a breakfast on spot. I ordered grilled veggies and my husband ordered a cheese  plate (if I remember well). Both dishes were yummy and we enjoyed having them. The service was friendly and I even made a new friend: a big yellow furry friend.


Let me introduce you to the most adorable  mountain dog. When we arrived at the hotel, I saw they had two dogs there and one of them was an adorable gigantic dog (a mixed breed I think) and I named him Yellow. The gigantic dog immediately responded to that name ( I wonder is it what others call him too) and when I called it, the dog immediately came, placing himself under my seat (probably in an effort to look smaller) and allowing me to pet it. The funny thing is that when I left to the toilet, I gave him the 'Guard!' order in jest, but the dog took it so seriously that it really guarded my husband while I was there, scaring two random people who were getting out of hotel. My husband joked and told them they need to show the paid check to the dog and then they and the dog relaxed. In short, I made a new furry friend. I hope I'll get to see this dog again some day. Such a remarkable animal! Both of us love dogs but we haven't been able to get over the tragedy of our last dog being poisoned. I'm worried that if I get a dog again, the same thing might happen. 


After we left the hotel (that we visited previously here), we went for a drive and walk, exploring Rujište mountain oasis further. It is really amazing how all this natural beauty is located only 25 km from Mostar city. If you are visiting Mostar, you definitely should drive here and enjoy the mountain air. I recommended quite a few mountain destinations in Bosnia and Herzegovina to you, haven't I? I always say that Bosnia and Herzegovina is quite an underrated destinations. Herzegovina in particular offers all the benefits of Mediterranean climate, but at the same time you can enjoy the mountains that are only a short drive or a climb away.  My list of mountain attractions and oasis wouldn't be complete without Rujište. It is easy to get there by car and the high altitude ensures all the famous benefits of mountain air. This mountain oasis is a great place to visit for sure. Our whole trip literally lasted only two and a half hours and we were able to return to Mostar in almost no time. At the same time, we felt really refreshed. I just love these kind of improvised trips. They are easy to organize, don't take a lot of time and they still allow you to indulge your wanderlust. Do you love weekend getaways? Do you indulge in such trips and excursions? Do you like mountains?
THE STORY OF AN OUTFIT
My styling was a distinctly summer one. I wore a wrap dress I picked up in a local outlet store (called Azel) a few years ago. I paired this dress with a golden DIY necklace and some gifted bracelets. I decided to wear the most comfortable sandals I currently own, these lovely tropical print sandals from ART shoe brand. This was such a comfortable look and I enjoyed wearing it. How I wore these items before? You can see me wearing this dress before here and you can see how I styled these sandals previously here, here , here , here and  here
 As always, thank you for reading and commenting. I'm joining Mica's Weekly Wear Linkup. Have a lovely week ahead!

Comments

  1. I'd love to be here just now. It looks marvellous, I love the view :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute and lovely location!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blue dress on you and an incredible view in almost every photo, wow! It sounds like such a nice spot to visit, and the dog is so cute! What a funny story!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend! The weekday wear linkup is live on my blog, I'd love you to join! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place to visit and the dog was indeed adorable.

      Delete
  4. You look so cute!!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/09/how-to-style-satin-skirt-last-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about summer bringing out the wanderlust. I mean we have to take advantage of the nice weather and get outside right ;) The Rujište mountain oasis looks like a lovely place to visit and what a fun a little encounter you had with that mountain dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. What a lovely place to stay, and the dogs are so cute. You look amazing in this blue dress, Ivana. Happy Monday dear . xx

    https://www.ninakobi.com/2019/09/things-to-do-in-quebec-city-in-one-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks breathtaking!

    Check out my post

    https://www.alyssabustilloofficial.com/2019/08/gardens-by-bay-singapore-tour.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the best kinds of trips. Not too far away but wonderful views and food (and furry friends). I love this dress. Probably because I have one almost like it Ivana.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet dog, and what gorgeous scenery! I love the blue dress, and the comfy-looking sandals. I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. E' sempre bello viaggiare virtualmente con te!!! Bellissime foto!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely breathtaking views and you look so beautiful dear! Blue is your color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Che bello il tuo look Ivana e che meraiglia questo posto, l'himalaya dell'erzegovina! Fantastico. E che faccia adorabile quel cane!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Очень красивые фото! Такие летние!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer travel is the best! I love your dress- and the pics of the cute dogs!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful place! Seems like an amazing day trip. Lovely dress btw :)

    http://www.desiringsme.com/im-back-and-better/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sono una grande amante della natura e questo per me è il paradiso!!

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ivana
    you are a mountain adventurous woman, but with 64 mountains I guess theres is no other place to visit ahahah!!!
    Cute dog your friend yellow!!
    And your outfit is perfect for that trip!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha, yes there are other places too, it's not all mountains:)

      Delete
  18. What an incredible place it is. This place has absolutely stunning views kind of remind me of my hometown. You look beautiful in that blue dress, it looks good on you!! Have a great day Ivana!!
    Dheera
    http://www.thestylepanorama.com/2019/08/how-to-style-floral-summer-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You stand out so beautifully in this bright blue dress! I love seeing more of your country; the landscapes look utterly incredible. You're making me want to jump on a plane and go exploring Ivana! haha :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing Walk, it looks wonderful! I love your Dress, it suits you very pretty. :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun trip! Love your outfit Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful!
    Omg same happened to my dog when I was little. Now I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Radi and sorry to hear about your dog, it's always hard to lose our pets but this way it's even worse.

      Delete
  23. Thanks a lot :D

    amazing landscape and great combo

    NEW REVIEW POST | O BOTICÁRIO: INTENSE CONCEALER, WORTH IT?
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in love with your wrapped dress! Love the color and how it fits on you! :)
    This place is really wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Have a nice day!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love mountains! In fact, I've just recently went up one of Malaysia's popular highlands and it was cold and I had to layer up for the rare occasion and had fun immersing in the greenery and flowers. It's nice to see that you got to wear a cool wrap dress on this mountain. I like that the mountain you're showing us is at an elevation of 2, 115 m as I feel that it's not too, too high hahah. I have height phobia and can't stand it when it gets too cold. You look oh so pretty in the dress and sandals. I love this type of excursion and I can relate to your joy. I'm also in love with your new mountain dog, Yellow. What a cutie. He looks a little bit like a wolf. Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the cold either so I prefer to enjoy the mountains during the warmer months. So good you went up to one of Malaysia's highlands and enjoyed it.

      Delete
  26. Che posto incantevole, anche il cibo sembra buonissimo!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I looove your shoes!

    xx
    https://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. love to read your blog dear :)
    thanks for sharing
    kisses

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful place and amazing outfit ♥
    xoxo
    http://ysiakova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. 64 mountains! Wow! What a picturesque spot , no wonder you look so happy there. Your teal dress is a gorgeous colour and really compliments the rustic backdrop.
    Lunch looks delicious and Yellow the dog is absolutely gorgeous. Fancy him understanding your commands and guarding your husband so well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for taking with us to the high mountains! You always show us very inspiring places that can take your breath away! Love how you see happy in this landscape, it seems that you had such a nice time!

    Take advantage of the last days of summer, Ivana!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).

OZZ STUDENTS' FASHION SHOW, MENTOR FASHION DESIGNER STANKA ZOVKO (MOSTAR INTERNATIONAL FAIR)

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE (BOOK REVIEW AND AN EARLY SPRING OUTFIT)

My creation (cat ears)/ Moja kreacija ( mačje uši)