ACRYLIC BEACH PAINTINGS INSPIRED BY CROATIA/ AKRILNE SLIKE NADAHNUTE HRVATSKOM

 Hello! Today I'll let you take a peak in my A4 mixed media sketchbook (by brand royal talens, not sponsored in any way). I know a lot of people like to take a peak into an artist sketchbook, so I'm giving you a chance to do exactly that- at least digitally. This time around, I'll show you a few beach acrylic paintings. I suppose you could also call them my sea studies. When I have some left over paint, I usually end up painting seascape. I'm sure you noticed by now that I love to paint the sea. Indeed, the sea is an eternal inspiration for me. All of these paintings were inspired by Croatian seaside and Adriatic sea, but  not by any specific place. You could say that I painted these paintings from memory. I didn't use a reference for any of them. The time I spend on them varies, depending on how much layers and details I added. I didn't exactly time myself, but paintings with more details took more time. As far as I remember, I worked on all of them for longer than a day (but not longer than an hour or two on a piece at the time). Naturally, some were faster than others. If you have any questions about purchasing my art, you can send me an email. Scroll down to see and read more. 

Zdravo! Danas ću vam dopustiti da zavirite u moj blok za slikanje (papir za različite medije) A4 formata (marka je royal talens čisto ako netkoga zanima, blok ni na koji način nije sponzoriran). Znam da mnogi ljudi vole zaviriti u blokove za crtanje umjetnika, pa vam dajem priliku da učinite upravo to – barem digitalno. Ovaj put ću vam pokazati nekoliko akrilnih slika morskih motiva. Pretpostavljam da biste ih mogli nazvati i mojim studijama mora. Kad mi ostane malo boje, obično na kraju slikam morski pejzaž. Sigurna sam da ste do sada primijetili da volim slikati more. Zaista, more mi je vječno nadahnuće. Sve ove slike inspirirane su hrvatskim primorjem i Jadranskim morem, ali ne nekim određenim mjestom. Moglo bi se reći da sam te slike slikala po sjećanju. Ni za jedan od ovih morskih motiva nisam koristila referencu. Vrijeme koje potrošim na njih varira, ovisno o tome koliko sam slojeva i detalja dodala. Nisam mjerila vrijeme ovaj put, ali slike s više detalja su oduzimale više vremena. Koliko se sjećam, na svima sam radila duže od jednog dana, ali ne po dugo vremena (oko satak). Neke su akrili bili gotovo brže od drugih. Ako imate bilo kakvih pitanja o kupnji moje slika ili umjetnina, možete mi poslati e-mail. To je to, spustite se dolje kako biste vidjeli  i pročitali više.



THE GREEN BEACH ACRYLIC PAINING

All of my acrylic paintings today were inspired by Adriatic sea, more specifically Croatia. The perspective is different. The perspective in some of these paintings climbs up to the horizon, while others are fully focused on the sea. The green sea painting is one of the later. It's completely focused on the sea. 

I'm sharing this 'green' painting first because I like it the most. This painting is dominated by blue and green tones, that is why I'm calling it a green beach painting. I used a lot of different tonalities of green and blue in this one. I just love how this painting turned out. When I look at this painting, I feel like the waves are actually going to start moving.

Sve moje akrilne slike danas su inspirirane Jadranskim morem, točnije hrvatskim morem. Perspektiva je drugačija. Neke od ovih slika penju se do horizonta, dok su druge u potpunosti usmjerene na more. Slika zelenog mora jedna je od kasnijih. Potpuno je fokusiran na more.

Najprije dijelim ovu 'zelenu' sliku jer mi se najviše sviđa. Ovom slikom dominiraju plavi i zeleni tonovi, zato je i zovem slikom zelene plaže. U ovom sam upotrijebio mnogo različitih tonova zelene i plave. Baš mi se sviđa kako je ova slika ispala. Kada gledam ovu sliku, čini mi se da će se valovi nastaviti micati.


 I actually painted this one on the last 'page' of my sketchbook. This last page in the sketchbook is not made from paper, but from cardboard. Initially, I planned to paint the beach (that is the sand as well), but I liked how the grey cardboard looked like a beach, so when I finished painting the sea, I just left it like that. I'm not sure how I'm going to frame this one. I would have to cut the wires that connect my sketchbook (it's a spiral sketchbook) to be able to frame it.I cannot just tear it up because it's not paper. Never mind, I'll figure it out. Most of the time, I end up framing almost everything from my sketchbook, so it's not like I have to keep my art in my sketchbooks.

Ovu sam zapravo naslikala na posljednjoj 'stranici' moga bloka za crtanje. Ova zadnja stranica u bloku nije napravljena od papira, već od kartona. U početku sam planirala naslikati i plažu (to jest i pijesak), ali mi se svidjelo kako je sivi karton izgledao kao plaža, pa sam ga, nakon što završih slikanje mora, samo tako ostavila. Nisam sigurna kako ću ovaj akril uokviriti. Morala bih prerezati žice koje povezuju blok za crtanje (to je spiralni uvez) i rastaviti blok kako je mogao uokviriti. Ne mogu je samo tako potrgati jer nije papir. Nema veze, ja ću to već nekako napraviti. Ionako uglavnom uokvirim većinu slika iz mojih blokova za crtanje i slikanje, tako da nije da svoje slike čuvam u njima, većinom za tim nema potrebe.

THE BLUE  ACRYLIC SEASCAPE (ACRYLIC PAINTS ON PAPER)

Bellow you can me holding a painting with a seascape dominated by blue colours. This time you can see an island in the distance. What island is it? It could be any of numerous Croatian islands. I didn't want to make this seascape specific, I wanted it represented Croatia in general. I think this one turned out pretty nice as well. I didn't frame this one yet, but some day I might. 

U nastavku možete vidjeti kako držim sliku s morskim pejzažom u kojem dominiraju plave boje. Ovaj put možete vidjeti otok u daljini. Koji je to otok? To bi mogao biti bilo koji od brojnih hrvatskih otoka. Nisam željeka ovaj morski krajolik napraviti određenim niti da prikazuje neko određeno mjesto, željjela sam da predstavlja Hrvatsku općenito. Mislim da je i ovaj ispao pejzaž prilično lijep. Ovu  sliku (akril na papiru) još nisam uokvirila, ali jednog dana bih mogla.





TWO MORE ACRYLIC PAINTINGS- WAVES ON THE BEACH
Bellow you can see two more beach paintings. Both of these are focused on place where the sea meets the beach. The waves are visible. I painted the beach in both of these painting in beige tones. There's no horizon visible, the focus is on the sea. So, these two paintings could portray any seaside in the world, but as I said I was inspired by Croatian seaside because that's what I know. You know how they say write what you know. Well, I  think the same thing applies to visual arts. Paint what you know. One of these beach painting is still with me, the other isn't because I gifted it to someone. How many paintings have I shared on blog today? Four. So, out of these four paintings shared, three are still with me. Not bad.

JOŠ DVIJE AKRILNE SLIKE- VALOVI NA PLAŽI
Ispod možete vidjeti još dvije akrilne slike plaže. Obje su fokusirane na mjesto gdje se more susreće s plažom. Valovi su vidljivi. Obalu sam u obje ove slike naslikala u bež tonovima. Ne vidi se horizont, fokus je na moru. Dakle, ove dvije slike bi mogle prikazati bilo koje more na svijetu, ali kao što sam rekoh nadahnulo me hrvatsko more jer to  ono što poznajemm. Znaš kako kažu piši o onome što znaš i poznaješ. Pa, mislim da se ista stvar odnosi i na vizualne umjetnosti. Slikaj ono što znaš i poznaješ. Jedna od ovih akrilnih slika plaže je još uvijek kod mene, drugu sam poklonila nekom. Koliko sam slika danas pokazala? Četiri. Dakle, od ove četiri podijeljene slike, tri su još uvijek sa mnom. Nije loše.






IF YOU ENJOYED THESE SEA AND BEACH PAINTINGS AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF MY ART, YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE TRAVEL WITH ART SERIES (LINKS BELLOW)




AND THAT'S A WRAP!







Thank you for visits and/or comments. Take care!


Comments

  1. Una tecnica davvero interessante e il tuo vestito è adorabile!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cannot get enough of your waves - you paint water so well, Ivana! I love all of these.

    You are looking fabulous in your outfit - I really like how the dark tights connect with the pearl-accented (!!) hat. Great look.

    Big hugs! Thanks for letting me know our weather hit the news - my brother is stuck up-Island due to our Malahat road (a steep twisty road along the side of a mountain that's the only road that connects the south island with the rest of Vancouver Island) being prone to sinkholes and rock avalanches. He lives up there, and two of his daughters live here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds frightening, sink.holes can be very dangerous. I hope the weather improves.

      Delete
  3. Hermosa pintura del mar. Te quedo genial te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Ivana,
    these are wonderful sea studies - you have a great talent to capture the ever changing play of the waves. And your outfit is super cute - a great mix, the lilac set with the white blazer!
    All the best and happy weekend
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/11/italien-reisebericht-ein-paar-kleine.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ivana,

    It is so nice and refreshing to see your artwork again. I really missed some art content and as you well said, taking a sneak peek into an artist's sketchbook is such a privilege! Actually all of your paintings really look like "finished" painting, you're so good at creating these waves artworks *_*

    I can't choose just one, but there's one with the green tones that really reminds me of the sea during clear days or during summertime. I'd say that's my fav but everyone has a little bit of magic.

    I also loved the format you used in this blog post to show us your art! With that amazing look with one of my favorite tones: lilac and with a nice plant by your side :)

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. I like the green one best too.
      Thank you for noticing the plants. I finally managed to grow something on my balcony. The big green plant by my side is a small lemon tree, I was surprised to find two lemons at it. I didn't expect that the plant will produce lemons so quickly I mean while it's still small, I imagined it took a few years.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful waters! I can sense the breeze too! Love the gray stockings with the lavender too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! Love your perspective. Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    What I like most about your painting and your studies is the color, I love the colors you use and combine, the combination is so perfect that the painting seems to be real! I also love your lilac outfit, it's very chic! I love everything!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented at capturing the movement of water, it's a real skill!
    Lovely to see that lilac suit restyled, if you buy clothes you love it's a joy to wear them over and over again, isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a marvelous look inside your sketchbook. You are very fortunate to have so many wonderful seascapes to visit and draw inspiration from. You do such a wonderful job capturing the movement and light in these scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your seascapes are never less than stunning, and these ones from your sketchbook are certainly no exception. Your lilac set is always a delight to see as well. I love how you're constantly restyling it, and it has certainly proved its worth as a wardrobe staple by now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your paintings of the water are my favorites of yours Ivana. You make it so bright and colorful. And to think this was from your memory. That's so impressive,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings are geourgeous and I love your feminine outfit!
    xoxo Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Powerfully soothing piece. It is giving us, your lucky readers, a virtual seaside vacation that is more welcome than ever as travel continues to be restricted or impossible for a lot of us.

    Thank you for sharing your boundless creative talents with us, sweet soul.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)