JANUARY RECAP AND HIGHLIGHTS- QUITE A BUSY MONTH!

Time really flies when you're having fun. We've certainly been blessed with some wonderful experiences in 2020. I can't believe that it is already time to say goodbye to the first month of the new year. If you haven't been around blog this month, don't worry. I have decided to put together a little January recap. January was quite a busy month for modaodaradosti blog. I ended up publishing twenty posts (not counting this one). Scroll down to see what I have been up to this January. 


1. I started January with  happy 2020 wishes full recap of year 2019. It took me many many hours to put this post together and include all the links to all the post I published in 2019 but it was also fun to do this post because it gave me a chance to reflect on my blogging year.

2. My next post was all about experiencing winter fairy tale in hotel Snježna Kuća near Mostar. I loved putting this post together because I really loved visiting this place.


3. Climbing the fortress Fortica in Hvar city was another of January highlights. Well, I actually visited this place in December but I blogged about in in January. I do recommend visiting this city.


4. In this post, I showed you two ways to wear a pleated blue skirt for winter. Since classical blue is the Pantone colour of the year, I figured that a little inspiration can't hurt. Plus, I really enjoy putting together posts that show more than one way to style an item.

5. Besides showing you how to suit up, in this post I also shared some reading reviews. I'm really into the suit trend you see. As for the reading review, I'm a bookworm so you might see even more of those in the future.


6. In this outfit post, I showed you how to style a midi skirt for winter. This post also gave me a chance to show you around Split city  a bit. As some of you know, Split is my hometown and I love it to bits.

7. I shared another travel post when I invited you to visit Sucuraj on island Hvar with me. Besides showing this little port village to you, I also shared two outfits. Fun times.


8. I got back on track with my Fashion Friday Illustrations posts.  I mixed my fashion illustrations with my photography to create some really cool art collages.


9. There was another travel post devoted to Jelsa on island Hvar. I'm currently based in this city so you can expect more posts about this place.

10. My next post was more fashion related. I blogged about styling red accessories for winter. This is a topic close to my heart because I love wearing red accessories and I think they are the perfect pop of colour for the winter.

11. After that, I blogged about different ways to wear a brown faux leather coat.  This was a fun post to make and it made me conclude one thing. Often it is the shoes that make the outfit.

12. This was a post I prepared for a long time. Twenty plus ways to wear a tartan blazer post has been in wraps for months and this month I finally managed to see it through. The photograph bellow is one of the rare ones that haven't been taken either by me or my significant other. It was actually taken by a colleague of mine, a Croatian language teacher with whom I often go for long strolls by the sea.

13. Fashion illustration Friday is a regular feature on my blog. This fashion illustration post was created combining my photography of Jelsa with my fashion illustrations. A nice mix.

14. In this post, I took you to Basina bay. Do you know what? This was my first time visiting it too. So many beautiful places on island Hvar, so little time. I always discover something new on this island with each day. I do try to make the most of my time here.

15. In this post, I shared another reading update. I reviewed four books (more precisely: two novels and two short story collections) in this update. It's a mixed crowd of writers that I reviewed, from Nobel winning Kazuo Ishiguro to some other well known authors. Reading is food for the mind and soul!

16. Besides blogging about red accessories, I also decided to blog about different ways one can wear red clothing items in winter. This was another post I worked on for some time, but I'm happy with how it turned out.


17. Visit Mala Stiniva Part 1 was the first post devoted to this beautiful bay on island Hvar. It received a lot of views and comments. I was initially worried that you might get bored with me blogging about the same place twice, but both post did quite well.

18. In the second post devoted to Mala Stiniva Bay, I showed you a closer view of the bay and even a few photographs of my husband. I don't typically include him in my post because he is not really into being featured here, but this time I couldn't resist.

19. This is another post that was in the wraps for some time. I visited church fortress of Saint Mary of Mercy in Vrboska two months ago, but it took me a while to put this post together because I needed to do a little research before. I'm glad you liked it.


20. The last post of January (not counting this one) was another feature of Fashion Illustration Friday. I had fun putting these art collages together. I think Hvar city might be the perfect background for my fashion illustrations.


Thank you for reading and visiting! I hope your January was lovely. Have a great month ahead!

Comments

  1. January was such a wild month! I loved all of the different places you have visited! You do a great job with enjoying your time out there and you look gorgeous with the different outfits! Hope February will be an amazing month for you!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. Have a great February too.

      Delete
  2. Yay happy February!
    Loved your travels in January. Photos in nature are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Обожаю твои фото! Они всегда такие интересные!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your January round up and I have really enjoyed reading all your posts! You have had an amazing month and I can't wait to see your February posts!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos :-D

    Yes, I think January has been very quick this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twenty posts in one month: what an achievement. In comparison, I only published 7! And what a variety of posts you treated us with. Whether you took us with you on your explorations of island Hvar, to the cities of Mostar and Split, or regaled us with various ways to shop one's closet, showed us your fabulous fashion illustrations or treated us to quite a number of book review: all were utterly entertaining and a good read as well as a feast for the eyes. I do admire all the work you are putting in assembling your posts. You are obviously quite a busy bee, Ivana! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I do put a lot of work into these posts, sometimes it can be tiring but I wouldn't do if I didn't enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. This was a nice way to wrap up your month! I'm impressed you were able to blog so much! I usually have a couple weeks of posts scheduled in advance but January has been so busy I haven't been able to do that - often I finish the post the day before! I want to get back to having lots scheduled in advance so it's easier if the boys don't sleep as well as I'd hope, haha!

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that having scheduled posts really helps with regular posting. Thank you.

      Delete
  9. I know I can believe the first month of the new year is already over. Time just gets faster and faster. And WOW 20 posts that is impressive for sure. And how cool to have Illustration Friday. I do a recurring post on Fridays too.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your January is so fantastic!!
    I am glad that I could see a few posts which I didn't see.
    In particular, the article about red accent inspired me!
    Your fashion illustrations always make me excited!!
    I am looking forward to seeing your articles again<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che dire? Tantissimi posti stupendi, look molto stilosi e foto splendide! Bellissimo recap!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that you had a wonderfully fun and busy month, Ivana! 20 posts sounds incredible, keep it up! xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very busy month. So many nice Places and beautiful pics.

    Many greetings,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been SO busy Ivana. I am always so impressed at how you wear what you already have and in so many different ways. I need to be more like you.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice recap Ivana! I like that you are so committed to bring us significant content to the blog and every post you share with us is always interesting :)

    You had a lot of posts and all of them really good.... I just had 1 but I'll try to stick to one of my resolutions which is being consistent here and on my social media.

    I liked that you went to a lot of places and in fashionable outfits (my favorite one is the one with checked grey and the collage you made).... Hope 2020 brings a lot of adventures :D!

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pablo. I hope that 2020 treats you well too!

      Delete
  16. You've made lots of lovely posts!!!!! Bravo for having such an interesting selection of posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)