TWO WAYS TO STYLE A BLUE PLEATED SKIRT FOR WINTER

 Today I'll show you two ways to style a blue pleated skirt. Winter is definitely here to stay, it's gotten colder and that means it's time to pull out those winter accessories out of our closets. I already blogged about my favourite winter accessories here, so long story short in winter I rely heavily on hats and scarves. Most of traditional winter accessories we know are quite practical, so obviously they are a great way to stay warm while looking chic. I wore hats and scarves with both outfits I'm sharing with you today and they did a great job of keeping me warm and cozy. Scroll down for more.


I enjoyed styling this blue skirt so much. Everything about this outfit is old. More precisely, this lovely blue skirt is new to me but it is second hand (someone gave it to me) and quite possibly also vintage. I styled it with two different short coats, boots and hats but the outfit formula itself is pretty simple. First outfit is all about black tones, I wore this blue pleated skirt with a short black coat (see here the 30 plus ways to style it), a black pair of block heels and a grey structured hat with a DIY detail (a leather black bow I sewed onto it myself). The mini bag I wore was brown to match the brown details on my predominately blue scarf and to add some other colour besides black and blue.

The second outfit is all about brown tones. This time I paired this blue skirt with a short camel coat  (previously worn here, here and here) and caramel boots.  I also wore an oversize beige scarf (see how to style it here and here) and a knitted beanie. This outfit was just as cozy as the first one. Besides, I do like the brown and blue colour combo. Blue is a great choice for winter because it matches well with earthly tones.  I do like to wear shorter (but not cropped) belted coats in winter.  They are a great way to stay warm and when belted they can look quite chic too. 
Thank you for reading and visiting! Have a lovely Sunday!

Comments

  1. It's a beautiful skirt and I like it with both outfits but I think the one with the blue scarf is my favourite - you know I love my blues! :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great winter looks! Hats add so much personality to an outfit! The blue really pops against brow. That skirt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt, I love to wear boots with skirts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, also with the brown Coat. :)

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ivana, in the last time I wore often pleated skirts and therefore I really like what you suggest here! How wonderful you got this beautiful skirt as a gift and you styled the skirt both times perfectly! I see you are really happy with your skirt <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pleated skirt is so pretty! Loved the way you have styled it! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look and the color of the skirt! :)
    --
    O diário da Inês | Facebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mi piacciono molto entrambi i look Ivana, la gonna è molto bella! Buona serata!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is SUCH a chic colour! It looks brilliant with both the tan and the black! I like your baker boy hat also!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kezzie. I have had this baker boy hat for ages and I can't get tired of it.

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous skirt, Ivana! I love both of your stylings, but particularly the second one, with the brown tones. I do love that shade of blue with brown! Have a great week ahead, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Brown and blue can be such a nice colour mix.

      Delete
  11. Awesome photography! I feel lucky today to see the beauty of photography. It was really great inspirational post .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the skirt, it suits you so well! I think the second outfit is my favourite xx

    https://paulamarieee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome skirt, suits you well <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet blue skirt! It's looking good with your coats and handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely skirt to be given, you have some very kind friends!
    Two lovely outfits, I do like blue with brown, it's a combination I often wear too - brown clothes, blue nails!
    Something needs to be at least 25 years old for it to be called vintage. If you ever need to know if something you own is vintage include a photo of the label in your post and one of your readers will, no doubt, be able to give you more information xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great tip but first I need to ask the lady who gave it to me.

      Delete
  16. Il primo look è molto "parisienne" , bellissimo e adoro le gonne plissè!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blue skirt is very beautiful!
    I liked the two ways you used it.
    So pretty :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that chic skirt.
    You look great in all those pics.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ivana
    I love pleated skirts, they are so pretty and feminine!! I prefer your first look, but you are beautiful in both!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That skirt is such a lovely shade of blue and the pleats are so classic and timeless. Both looks are so stylish and cozy. I love how your accessories are both fun and functional which all good winter accessories should be really ;p I definitely rely on my accessories for both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena, I love this shade of blue too.

      Delete
  21. Lovely!
    And that type of blue is the color of 2020, good choice.
    Ellyn Brito

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful skirt! I love the colour and I love both ways you styled it !
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete


  23. Extraordinary significant post, where you make the fundamental center, truly satisfies me for its vital of significance. After all it is an incredible article with all the fixings. Much obliged ahead of time for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

HOW TO STYLE A YELLOW BLAZER FOR SPRING? A FEMININE OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

Sights to see, Places to visit ( +outfitpost) / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, Mjesta za posjetiti (+odjevna objava)