HOW TO STYLE A YELLOW BLAZER FOR SPRING? A FEMININE OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Yellow is such a happy colour for me, one that I associate with sun and all things nice. Spring is a great time to opt for this colour that seems to invoke sunlight. If you're not sure how to wear more yellow, you might want to start with something simple- maybe a blazer. That brings us to the title of my post: How to style a yellow blazer for spring? A yellow blazer is a great way to refresh your spring wardrobe. The one I have is vintage, and a bit on the longer side. Lately I've taken to wearing vintage blazers with dresses, it's my favourite outfit formula right now. I love that it gives one freedom to play with colours, and it is so easy to dress it up and down. This kind of outfit can be appropriate for all kind of situations, from work to play options. One of those combinations that you can wear both for a date and for work. Blazers make any outfit more polished, and by choosing a blazer in a light colour, you'll also be invoking spring. Throwing on a blazer over just about anything will make it look more professional and office appropriate. Add a little chic scarf, and you'll all set.

My outfit proposal of the day is a bit on the dressed up side. To make a blazer look even more elegant, I would typically be pairing it with a dress, a scarf, and a pair of heels. Here I opted for a playful dress with navy print. The dress has some yellow details that match this blazer perfectly. I also opted for a chic scarf and a pair of heels. To me this outfit just screams spring, but at the same time, it's quite warm. Since it's still early spring, I opted for thicker things and that way I didn't have to worry about catching a cold.  The heels are wore are quite high, but they are block heels so that makes them more comfortable. That's another style tip: try block heels for more comfort. 



If you're looking for more blazer and dress inspiration, I wrote about it in one of my last posts (HOW TO STYLE BLAZERS WITH DRESSES FOR EARLY SPRING). I think it's all about finding that balance between comfort and style. Fortunately, today we have so many options that putting together an outfit that would be both comfortable and put together is not that hard at all. Do you agree? How do you feel about blazer? Do you wear yellow often? Do you think that yellow is a good option for spring? Do you like to wear scarves? What is your favourite spring trend? There are so many trends out there, that sometimes it seems like anything goes. That is not a bad thing at all, I think it can be  quite liberating. 

One of my favourite things about spring are almond and cherry tree blossom. They are always so delicate and mesmerizing. We see them every year but every year they feel fresh and unique. When you see them, you know that spring has arrived. Perhaps that is why I love them so much. What is your favourite thing about spring? Are you enjoying it? The weather has been a bit crazy lately, but I think it will improve soon. Warm spring will be here before we know it, I'm sure of it. 



That would be all for today, as always I thank you for reading and visiting! Your comments are always appreciated.

Comments

  1. Looking fabulous, Ivana! Love your yellow blazer! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. il blazer è bellissimo, amo il colore *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun yellow blazer! it works so well with your printed dress! I definitely need a yellow blazer in my wardrobe! I have a yellow cardi I'm really looking forward to wearing when the weather cools down more!

    Hope you're having a lovely week so far :) We finally have some cooler autumn weather - I'm even wearing jeans today!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear. Yellow is my happy colour.

      Delete
  4. Yellow is perfect for spring! You styled the blazer beautifully. This is one of my favorite colors in nature since it is happy. So I love seeing yellow flowers! Trees are blooming here too. My favorites are the magnolias that look like tulips when they bloom. Perfectly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non ci sono parole, il tuo blazer giallo è stupendo e ti sta benissimo!

    https://nettaredimiele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yellow blazer is so cute! I am seriously obsessed with it!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute with your blazer dear!
    Have a great day! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yellow is the perfect color for spring! love how you styled the blazer with a scarf and a pair of heels! it looks so nice and elegant!

    https://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right, to make a blazer look more elegant pair it with a scarf and blazer
    Check out my new post:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/03/shop-gucci-ss19-collection-sunglasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving this bold outfit! You can never go wrong with a fun blazer.

    xo Logan
    https://peculiarporter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Logan. Blazers are always a good choice.

      Delete
  11. Dear Ivana, yes, to yellow and I also began lately to wear yellow more often. It is great you have this vintage blazer in yellow and what your to-go style is at the moment sounds also really familar to me. You have style the blazer very well and in such an elegant way!
    And I'm really impressed how far the nature in your region already is - it is unbelievable that the trees have already blossoms! Thanks for sharing the inspiration and the beautiful pictures.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, often they blossom even earlier.

      Delete
  12. I love how you styled this outfit Ivana! Yellow is one of my favorite Spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mi piace tantissimo come hai abbinato questo blazer giallo, con quel vestito è perfetto!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Žuta boja mi je najdraža! Baš ti odlično stoji :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh I adore this yellow blazer Ivana!! It's the perfect way to add in a spring color yet keep the chill away!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ma che bello quel blazer giallo Ivana! Quello è proprio il colore di punta della stagione!
    E mi piace moltissimo anche come lo hai abbinato, le Mary Jane sono un'altro super trend del momento!
    Ma soprattutto bellissime foto! Sei super carina!
    Anche io adoro gli alberi fioriti ed il cielo azzurro senza nemmeno una nuvola: ma in realtà amo proprio tutto della primavera! :D
    Baci!
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wearing a lot of yellow myself. It's the perfect color to wear in spring, especially because it's such a warm color! Your blazer looks amazing on you.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yellow is so eyecatching and I love that.

      Delete
  18. Hi Ivana
    You look like sunshine with that blazer. I love yellow its a warm color with so good energie.
    Your pics have a good vibe because of the colors, the dress suits so well and the blazer formula is lovely.
    Never let go the sun/yellow out of your life Ivana.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh a yellow blazer how fun for spring! I love it with the print on this dress. I do think pale yellow is good for spring I have a pale pink one I can not wait to wear

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love yellow too, especially at this time of year! The jacket goes lovely with that dress.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Che bella che sei, hai creato un abbinamento top, Ivana!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yellow is such a cheerful color and this blazer is like you're wearing is like your own personal touch of sunshine. It looks fabulous with that colorful dress. I can't wait for the cherry blossoms to bloom in my part of the world. Just seeing them makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This yellow blazer is gorgeous and you did a great job styling it!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yellow has never been my go to colour but the blazer looks stunning!

    Jelz Inspired | jelzinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That yellow blazer is perfect for spring!

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)