HOW TO STYLE DRESSES WITH BLAZERS FOR EARLY SPRING? OUTFIT PROPOSAL

Today we'll talk a bit about styling dresses in early spring. Generally speaking my advice would be to wear your dresses with blazers and lighter jackets/coats. If it's still cold, you could also add tights and boots to your outfit. That's what I've been doing lately. One great thing about spring is that you can style all kinds of dresses in this season, even summer ones. You can always layer to make your outfit more warm and cozy. To dress up your spring dresses, opt for dressier shoes and fancy bags. Similarly, if your want your feminine spring outfits to be more day time appropriate, you can always dress down your dresses with sneakers and (denim/leather/utility) jackets. Alternatively, you can also wear sporty or casual dresses to get that relaxed vibe. Not only is there a dress for every kind of style, there is a way to make almost any dress fit your style. It's all about figuring what works for you.

Today's outfit proposal for an early spring styling has several components: a vintage dress, a long blazer, a pair of boots, a straw bag and lastly a scarf tied as a belt.  I typically wear this pink pleated vintage dress in both spring and summer. The only difference is that in spring time, I'm more likely to pair it with closed shoes and/or tights, while in spring I wear it with sandals. Pleated items are quite trendy right now. I'm  definitely a fan of pleated dresses and skirts. A pleated item can give a perfect note of elegance and  sophistication to your outfit. This dress is pink with bluish tones, so I paired it with a navy blue blazer. I think these two items are a nice match. I tied my new chain print scarf as a belt. Isn't it amazing how many ways there are to wear a scarf?  There is another scarf in my outfit, the pink one I wore in my hair, I almost forgot about that one. The bag I opted for is a straw bag. It's all about those vacation vibes. This is a lovely time of year for fashion experiments and having fun with our personal style.

link

link


Do you like wearing skirts and dresses in spring time? I don't think I would go too far if I said that skirts and dresses are my 'go to' pieces in spring. The best thing about dresses is they come in such a great variety of styles. For example, if you are going for a more attractive look, you can always look for cute bodycon dresses. If you want to keep things more modest or office appropriate, you can opt for a more romantic cut. When it comes to spring time, I tend to wear dresses in all lengths: mini, standard, midi or maxi.  As of late, midi and maxi happen to be my first choice. If you don't have any in your closet, you can always look for midi or maxi dresses online. Glitter and metallic dresses are also a good option for spring. Recently I wore a gold one, and I loved it. The metallic dress I've linked to bellow is from Omnifever site. I think we'll be seeing a lot of metallic this spring and that goes for dresses as well. There are a lot of wonderful trends to choose from when we talk about dresses for spring. Before you go shopping, I would recommend you to check your closet, though. Sometimes we forget what we have in there and end up ordering similar pieces. My advice is to only buy things you know you will love and wear. That applies for dresses as well. Don't buy something that is trendy, if you don't like it yourself. There are so many trends out there right now, you're surely to find a dress that will fit both your personal preference and style. 
link


A FEW MORE OUTFIT PROPOSALS  FEATURING BLAZERS AND DRESSES

Here are a few more spring outfits featuring blazers worn with dresses/skirts. Let me know which one you like best. Do you like to wear blazers in spring time? If yes, what kind of blazers are your favourite ones? What is your favourite cut and colour? I'm asking this question, but I couldn't answer myself. I like blazers in all shapes and colours. Still, if I could have only one blazer, I'd probably choose a classical black one because it is such a versatile piece. 

Thank you for reading and visiting. Have have you been? How has spring been treating you? Let me know. Have a great week ahead!

Comments

  1. Mi piacciono molto le tue proposte devo dire, soprattutto l'idea di abbinarci un blazer!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie, un bel blazer sta bene con tutto.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes so many great ways to do spring dresses when it is still a bit cold out. I love wearing mine with jeans and a blazer

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great thing to do as well. I love to see dresses worn with jeans.

      Delete
  3. I'm definitly a fan of those black-camel sets :))
    You looks super chic and stylish!
    The others are fun and cute, but those carmel ones stole my heart :D
    Stay best, j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so cute layered and I like how you added the scarf as a belt and in your hair! Fun way to accessorise! :) I like layering my dresses up for spring and autumn, although I'm desperately waiting for it to cool off here so I can start doing that, haha!

    Hope you had a great weekend :) The weekday wear linkup is live on my blog, I'd love you to join! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, scarves in hair are a fun way to accessorize indeed.

      Delete
  5. It´s one of my favorite option to dress up for spring
    XX

    https://www.elblogdebarbaracrespo.com/2019/03/trench/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post ! Thank you for sharing

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2019/03/cheers-to-following-our-dreams.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful looks. Blazers are really fun. I have many different styles from my office work days. Now I just wear them as light jackets in between seasons. I love the long scarf with your hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work great as light jackets, don't they?

      Delete
  8. These are all wonderful. I like to style my blazer with bodycon dresses or skinny jeans.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello beautiful, it's a beautiful dress, I like the pink and black combination, I'm wearing skirts, shorts and dresses during the spring since I can not stand wearing long pants because of the heat. Thanks for so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, once it gets warm, the pans don't see necessary, do they?

      Delete
  10. thanks Julie. It can be tricky to dress in early spring, but layering helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your spring styling babe.
    So nice!

    Much Love,
    BLOG | INSTAGRAM | YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot :D

    great combos and nice tips my friend

    NEW REVIEW POST | LANCÔME: EAU MICELLAIRE CONFORT - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adding a blazer to a dress changes it, most times upgrades it. I like the styling
    New post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/03/feminism-and-its-twist-we-are-queens.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how dresses look with blazers layered them! They add a masculine vibe to an otherwise feminine look and the contrast can be SO stylish! Hope you're having a great week so far Ivana :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gabrielle. Blazer do create a great contrast with the dresses.

      Delete
  15. Your outfits are all great, and I would also love to wear some skirts and blazers this spring!!
    The idea of scarf on your hair is so great!!
    Have a lovely week, Ivana <3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful outfit!!!
    so cool post!!!

    https://www.itzytrendy.com/2019/03/famous-on-my-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a fashionista Ivana! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!