Back in Mostar city (outfit post) / Ponovo u Mostaru (odjevna objava)

Hello, there! If you want to see more of Mostar city, you have come to the right place. I'm a fashion blogger based in Mostar. So, my blog is a great place not only to find some fashion inspiration, but also to find out more about Mostar. I love Mostar, and I love sharing my love for it.



Today I'm showing you another way to style this white dress I received from dresslink. You can see my first outfit here. This time I wore a vintage midi skirt over the dress, so I've basically turned it  into a blouse. I wore a vintage scarf over it and  accessorized with massive earrings and many bracelets to create a bit of the ethic/ traditinal vibe. To finish this look, I opted for a gold minibag and matching heels.

As far as photograph goes, the shooting took place at two difference locations. One is in a small village named Vihovići, that is located in vicinity of Mostar and from this place you have a wonderful panorama of beautiful Mostar city. The second part of this shooting took place in Mostar itself. Which set of photographs do you prefer?

The photograph for these photographs is my husband Gordan Džidić.


Zdravo, svima! Ako želite vidjeti više Mostara, došli ste na pravo mjesto. Ja sam modna blogerica koja trenutno živi u Mostaru. Tako da je ovaj blog sjajno mjesto ne samo za pronalažanje modnog nadahnuća, nego i za učenje o gradu Mostaru. Volim Mostar i volim dijeliti svoju ljubav prema njemu. 

Danas vam pokazujem još jedan način za nošenje ove bijele haljine koju sam dobila od dresslinka. Možete vidjeti prvu kombinaciju ovdje. Ovaj put sam nosila vintage midi suknju preko ove haljine, tako sam je zapravo prenamijenila u bluzu. Stavila sam vintage rubac preko i kao modne dodatke odabrala ogromne naušnice i puno narukvica kako bi stvorila malo tradicionalno-etničkog štiha. Za kraj, odabrala sam i zlatnu torbu koja se slaže s sandalama na petu.

Što se tiče same fotografije, mjesto snimanja prvog dijela fotografija su Vihovići u neposrednoj blizini Mostara, a iz njih imate divan pogled na lijepi Mostar. Drugi dio fotografija je snimljen u samom Mostaru. Koje vam se fotografije više sviđaju?

Fotograf je moj muž Gordan Džidić.
Isn't this view quite something?
Zar nije ovaj pogled nešto posebno? 





Mostar is surrounded by greenary
Mostar okružen zelenilom







haljina nošena kao bijela bluza/ dress worn as a white blouse: dresslink
torba/bag: dresslink 
 suknja/ suknja: vintage


Post update- I like to focus on sustainability, so I add links to my old posts, showing how I still wear certain items. 

Sustainable fashion files- How I wore these items before and after? 


The white dress (worn as a tunics/blouse in this post)




The golden mini bag






The golden statement earrings (from my wedding)


The grey midi vintage skirt



























The vintage scarf (bought in a second hand shop) 



haljina nošena kao bijela bluza/ dress worn as a white blouse: dresslink
torba/bag: dresslink 
 suknja/ suknja: vintage




I feel like this outfit is giving folklore vibes. What do you guys think?

Ova mi odjevna kombinacija ima foklorni štih. Što vi mislite? 


Panorama of Mostar city, view from Vihovići

Pogled iz Vihovića, panorama Mostara 



A smile that says it all. I love Mostar.

Osmijeh koji kaže sve. Volim Mostar.


haljina nošena kao bijela bluza/ dress worn as a white blouse: dresslink
torba/bag: dresslink 
 suknja/ suknja: vintage




Do you want to see more posts from Mostar city? Let's have a look at year 2026!



Do you want to see 2025 next? 


Moreover, this February I also took you for a walk around Mostar's old city center in this pale blue dress.  I showed you the Old city and the Old Bridge, one of the symbols of Mostar city. 

In this January post, I showed you five outfits I wore to explore Mostar!


Now, it's time for 2024!


In this December post, I shared two outfits and two wonderful locations in Mostar city (one being the iconic Old bridge, and the other something a bit more modern). 

In this December post, I showed you what I wore in Mostar ( two blue tones outfits) and two more


In this August post, I wore four summer outfits in Mostar. 

In another August post, I shared an open air exhibition held at the Spanish square.

In this summer post, you can have a good look of a historical villa that was originally built by an Austrian doctor whose daughter was recommended Mostar's climate.


...and that's enough with 2024 links. Mostar appears in my posts all the time really and I often write about its many historical sights. 








Hiking in high heels! Very Ivana like!

Planinarenje u visokim petama je baš u mom stilu. 




The feminine urge to show you her bag!

Ženska želja da se pokaže torbica!





And if you want to know and see even more about Mostar, there are more links below.  After all, I live for that be a tourist in your own town philosophy. Here are even more links with my Mostar themed posts!

OLDER posts about Mostar  1. You can see Mostar from the bird perspective in my previous posts (here, here and here). 2. One of my favourite streets in Mostar here and here. 3. Musala bridge (also known under its old name Tito's bridge here and here) 4. You can see photographs of Mostar's Catholic cathedral here.5. You can see images of Mostar and its famous Nertva river here, here and here. 6. You can see the surrounds of one of its most iconic catholic churches here.7. You can see both photographs of old bridge and my drawing of it here. 8. Another one of my favourites when it comes to streets here. 9. You can see photographs of Croatian cultural centre/theater here , here , here , here and here. 10. You can see photographs of the main city park here here, here, here and here. 11. You can see images of Spanish square here, here , here , here and here. 12. You can see photographs of Custom's bridge here and here. 13. You can see photographs of the new bridge here and here. 14. A few photographs from old city centre (2018) here. 15. What to wear for sightseeing Mostar in summer here. 16. This post is focused on 7 outfits I wore but you can see many of Mostar's attractions there as well. I suppose the same can be said for most of my outfit posts. 17. Mostar as an Easter destination (2019) here.18. Mostar dinning and cafe recommendations here. 19. Hiking options in Mostar here. 20. My drawing of Mostar old bridge here. 21. University campus in Mostar here. 22. How I have fallen in love with Mostar here.
In this October post, I did more than just show you around Mostar. I also wore outfits by Mostar fashion designer Stanka Zovko. 


Can you tell I had a lot of fun wearing this!?

Primijećujete li da mi je bilo zabavno ovo nositi? !










Read this post to learn more about Vihovići and hiking options in Mostar....


Pročitajte objavu ispod za više informacija o Vihovićima i opcijama pješačenja u Mostaru....







Now let us have a look at photographs from Mostar city....


A sada fotografije iz Mostara grada.....





More posts from this street

Više objava iz ove ulice



https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-are-you-my-darlings-im-all-nice.html






Mikhail Lermontov


The Sail

Amid the blue haze of the ocean
A sail is passing, white and frail.
What do you seek in a far country?
What have you left at home, lone sail?

The billows play, the breezes whistle,
And rhythmically creaks the mast.
Alas, you seek no happy future,
Nor do you flee a happy past.

Below the mirrored azure brightens,
Above the golden rays increase —
But you, wild rover, pray for tempests,
As if in tempests there was peace!


Cited from: https://ruverses.com/mikhail-lermontov/sail/12062/





Alexander Pushkin


Portrait

When she, that soul of fire, appears,
O women of the North, among you,
It is a radiant challenge flung you,
Your dull conventions, worldly fears.
She spends herself as, bright and daring,
She rushes on against those bars,
How like a lawless comet flaring
Among the calculated stars!





Alexander Pushkin


To Natasha

The crimson summer now grows pale;
Clear, bright days now soar away;
Hazy mist spreads through the vale,
As the sleeping night turns gray;
The barren cornfields lose their gold;
The lively stream has now turned cold;
The curly woods are gray and stark,
And the heavens have grown dark.

Where are you, my light, Natasha?
No one's seen you, — I lament.
Don't you want to share the passion
Of this moment with a friend?
You have not yet met with me
By the pond, or by our tree,
Though the season has turned late,
We have not yet had a date.

Winter’s cold will soon arrive
Fields will freeze with frost, so bitter.
In the smoky shack, a light,
Soon enough, will shine and glitter.
I won't see my love, — I'll rage
Like a finch, inside a cage,
And at home, depressed and dazed,
I’ll recall Natasha's grace. 


Quoted from: https://ruverses.com/alexander-pushkin/to-natasha/








Poem by Vesna Parun, translated by me



Along the River


I'm walking along the dam. Sedge halts me

with the voices of birds that'd migrated.

Autumn alongside river is full of ancient rustling long

lost, originating neither from the reeds

nor the water, nor the strayed trout.

 

The river is unfaithful. It washes away desires

that you'd whispered into the ear of sand in a faint.

It forgets the prows of black vessels.

A cloudburst, when the river spilled from its streambed,

faded away from its memory.

 

Hey, Tatar horses crossed this river!

From their skeletons, the time uncaringly

 made a museum. Three poplars in front of an entrance.

Dark treetops of centuries are mirrored in the water.

And the water flows, thinking of the longing of wild ducks

in Spring, a thousand times sprung.

 

Spring of growing fish scales.

 

Hail water trembling from the freezing cold, awakening from the cracked

                                                                                                                          walls of ice

do you hear the piercing voices of seagulls?

They are calling to you so you'd be friends.

Oh, you migrations that are repeating yourself.

instincts that make the river evaporate,

nude and dark, laid out under the willows.

Spring of growing fish scales. 





KRAJ RIJEKE*   

Vesna Parun *             

                                                                   

Duž nasipa idem. Šaš zaustavlja me                                         

glasom ptica što odselile su.

Jesen uz rijeku puna je šumova od davnine

izgubljenih, što nisu od trstike

ni od vode ni od zalutalih pastrva.

 

Rijeka je nevjerna. Ona ispire želje

koje u uhu pijeska šapnuste u nesvjestici.

Pramce lađa crnih zaboravlja.

Prolom oblaka, kad se iz korita razlila,

u njenom je pamćenju izblijedio.

 

Hej, konji tatarski ovu su rijeku pregazili!

Od njihovih kostura vrijeme je nehajno

napravilo muzej.  Tri jablana pred ulazom.

Mračne krošnje stoljeća u vodi se zrcale.

A ona teče, misleći na čežnju divljih pataka

u tisuću puta banulo proljeće.

 

Proljeće od rastućih ljusaka riba.

 

Vodo koja dršćeš od studeni, budeć se iz raspuklih

                                                                   zidova leda

čuješ li reske glasove galebova morskih?

Oni te zovu da bi drugovali s tobom.

O seobe koje se ponavljate.

Nagoni od kojih se rijeka puši

gola i tamna, pod vrbama prostrta.

Proljeće od rastućih ljusaka riba.









Comments

  1. I love this outfit! you look fantastic!!

    See you soon on my last post, xo♥


    Irene | CON SOMBRERO Y A LO LOCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super chic and stylish. Love that you styled the dress as a blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic landscapes. Love the cute little clutch!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chic midi skirt Ivana! I love your clutch as well!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer pictures from the city because they match with heels. Good idea with this white dress , you are very creative, keep like that :-) Lovely clutch <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alice, that's so sweet of you to say. I do try to make my outfits creative.

      Delete
  6. Such a classy chic look.
    Lovin your clutch as well.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt <3 Beautiful outfit Ivana, you look gorgeous!!!

    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. molto bello il tuo look!bel post :)
    http://ricciofusillosonoio.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post :) i love your photos
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ma tko bi rekao da je to ustvari haljinica? Da je suknja drugačijeg kroja i uža vjerojatno bi se kužilo, ali ovako.. baš si ih dobro skombinirala i sva si mi će-će :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, preko široke suknje stvarno se ne vidi...a zimi je to još i praktičnije i bolje, jer nam tako bude toplije i ne moramo nositi podkošulje:)

      Delete
  11. Odlično izgledaš, haljinica se stvarno odlično uklopila u ovu kombinaciju, a marama je još dodatno sve podignula! :) Sjajno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala ti:) marama je najbolji ulov iz second handa, tamo u Splitu pošto se roba prodaje na kilograme, odmah ubacivam sve marame koje vidim u korpu:)

      Delete
  12. Georgeous Look, dear Ivana! Like this wide midi-skirt very much. Love especially the pics, when you twirl and when you are sitting on the bench. You look so beautiful and feminine!

    Love, Nadine

    http://nadinecd.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ciao Ivana!!! Ma quanto bella è quella borsa? Grande acquisto cara! Belli entrambi gli shooting anche se io preferisco quello "cittadino". Un bacio grande,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it's really very interesting idea to wear a skirt over the dress! Definitely love the way you paired them)) Ivana you are absolutely stunning!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really cool how you added a skirt to the dress. It gave it an entirely different look. Love your bag.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prelepo izgledas, torbica je vrh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful :)
    http://trapeziovermelho.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent look!! Love your clutch!
    kisses...


    Zapatos Rojos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I really like this gold clutch too:)

      Delete
  19. looove the folk de luxe vibe!!! trés chic!
    is this a souvenir scarf? from where??? i have a soft spot for vintage souvenir scarfs...
    wish you a wonderful week, pretty girl!!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure from where, I've left you a longer comment on your blog. Perhaps next time I will put a closer photo and you can help me figure it out?

      Delete
  20. Great shooting!
    Have a nice evening!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit and bag ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty. I love the skirt.

    xo Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely outfit! I really like how you wore your dress as a top, it's so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love it as a top! It goes so well with the midi skirt (nice billowing effect near the end!!!) - it looks so glamorous yet with a humble (in a good way!) simplicity which I love! Mostar is a great backdrop! I prefer THIS outfit version (as in what I'd wear) but I like the view of the river better!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear this is something you would wear:)!!!

      Delete
  25. wow, It looks so great that field with the city on the brackground!
    I like the idea of wear the dress as a shirt, I use to wear dresses as skirt, but not as shirt, and I found it a very cool idea, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I do this often because I don't have that many tops and because it looks neater then when you actually tuck in a top or a sweater.

      Delete
  26. Discovering new outfits of yours is always a pleasure Ivana! Thanks for sharing! ;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful ,elegant ,Look! i am in love with the super gorgeous mini Bag :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Ivana, I like both location, but I have to admit that the place were you have the view to Mostar is really amazing. Amazing is also your outfit and I think the idea was fantastic to wear the dress as a blouse and additional to add this vintage scarf. You look again very beautiful and I love the vintage touch you gave this outfit.
    Thank you by all my heart for your support <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. How creative! Love this look, your vintage scarf and your purse!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dobra varijacija na temu! Ta ti je haljina baš dobrodošla u garderobi ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful place! And I really love your outfit, it's such a great idea to use a dress as a blouse!!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  32. very cool post and the mini bag is gorgeous. XOXO
    +http://fashionlook4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. you look amazing in this outfit,nice post .
    mind checking out my blog?
    byangchee.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Neat post and really cute!!
    Check out my recent post: 3 Ways To Style
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful photos and outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful photos! Your outfit is so cute!! :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  37. Draga Ivana!
    To je vrlo elegantan outfit.
    Puno pozdrava iz Njemačka
    Carolin

    ReplyDelete
  38. Bella l'idea di indossare l'abito come una blouse, ti sta benissimo questa midi skirt!!!
    Deliziosa la clutch!
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  39. I totally adore this outfit honey!
    Kisses :)

    www.laragazzadellafactory.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you darling and I agree with you! vWould be very happy if you use breakfast challenge. Do you want to?

    You look amazing. Love the details :D

    NEW TIPS POST | How To Organize Your Blog
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This breakfast challange sounds interesting, but I'm a creature of habit, I love to relax in the morning and not worry about photos. Thanks dear<3

      Delete
  41. Such a gorgeous look doll, love the skirt with this...I like pieces I can style in all kinds of different ways, it's more fun! I hope you have a marvellous week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful outfit, i love that maxi skirt and the clutch is adorable!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love versatile pieces and this dress sure look like one. You look pretty, Ivana. Love the styling! Have a blessed week! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  44. Pa ja nemam reči koliko si divna :) Svaki detalj je pravo malo savršenstvo i a tek uklopljeni zajedno... ostala sam bez teksta :) I meni je ta torbica zapala za oko, baš je slatka. Idem sad da pogledam sve propušteno ;)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your dress looks lovely as a top, and I love how you captured the swirl of your skirt in the photos! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  46. Izgledaš za svaku pohvalu! Marama i naušnice su dodatno podigle ovu kombinaciju i baš si mi preljepa od glave do pete! Mislim da si se i ti odlično osjećala u ovoj kombinaciji jer mi sva blistaš! :)

    http://5foot7andbambieyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala ti puno Ivana:) Jesam, odlično sam se osjećala, samo mi je iskreno bilo pomalo vruće jer je u Mostaru još pravo ljeto.

      Delete
  47. I love the golden clutch and the dress is so pretty. I'm going to check out dresslink :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. you look great!! so beautiful
    kisses from Spain

    www.aprendiendoaquererme.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. It's always such a great idea to make your clothes versatile. You look lovely, and I like dresses as a top. I keep hearing about this site, but have never tried it. Thanks for sharing.
    Paper Art

    ReplyDelete
  50. Amazing look and place! =D

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful look and backdrop of nature. I love the scarf, very stylish X

    http://www.leopardandspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh I can't chose which place I like more they are both stunning places.What a great outfit too, you look so chic!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  53. So Beautiful you are my sweet friend <3 Your skirt is lovely and classy, I really like this lenght skirt, lovely blouse and plaid <3 Gorgeous view, like always :)) sexy heels !!!

    Thank you for your every comment - you are so sweet <3
    Kisses :**

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the midi skirt and the charming way you styled it. I think the different backdrops seem to give the outfit a different feel if that makes sense. I think I prefer the panoramic views as I really like the way you're framed in those shots.

    Rowena @ rolala loves


    ReplyDelete
  55. Che bello questo outfit, ti sta benissimo!!

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  56. thanks, I always twirl in this dress, not so much for blogging as for pure fun.

    ReplyDelete
  57. You look so classy. Love the bag! Have a great week, Ivana! xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. I prefer the more urban setting of Mostar! Also, the twirl is so adorable, like an etno princess! Adore how you spiced up the dress with the scarf and great idea toadd the skirt for layers ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear:) I love ethno vibe so I always try to bring it in.

      Delete
  59. i really like your purse and Mostar is lovely, thanks for sharing your pictures :)


    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Nice way to wear a scarf, looks like a ethnic collar, the bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm happy you like how I styled this scarf.

      Delete
  61. Uh ova kombinacija je preslatka! Licis mi na stylish Ruskinju! Marama je divna a ti sijas! A Mostar mi je tako mio, jedan od najlepsih gradova Bosne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da, Ruskinje su prihvatile te slavenske folklorne detalje, a nadam se da ćemo i mi:)

      Delete
  62. Fabulous outfit ! I really love your dress and this clutch is very chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. świetne zdjęcia! :)

    http://strong-fit-friends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  64. Another amazing post <3 I love your pictures everytime you show us dear !!! Fantastic pictres, I love both session ... You look beatiful in this whit dress-blouse :) and maxi black skirt <3 I love how you wearing this gorgeous scarf <3 Wonderful little gold bag - I want the same :)) I love you in heels !!

    have great week :***
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  65. Lovely black and white look. The skirt is so pretty, and you look beautiful!

    xo,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hello Ivana,

    first of all, i wanna say again thank you to vivsting my blog and some different posts!!!

    I am glad to find your blog, cause your posts, words and pics a really, really great!
    I just can say again, your wearing a beautiful outfit. I am loving your little bag - looks so lovely to me. I wish i could see your heels in details, but from the "distance" they looking just awesome to me - whats the height of the heel?

    The town in the background looks stunning.

    Greetings from Germany.

    Bye

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't measured the heel, but when I wear them I'm taller than my husband so I would say it is at least 10cm.

      Delete
    2. thanks.

      10cm is very comfy height.

      Bye

      Jennifer

      Delete

Post a Comment



You may email me for any questions or business inquires.

Popular posts from this blog

WARD NO.6, A SHORT STORY BY ANTON CHEKHOV (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

THE PAINTED VEIL, A NOVEL BY W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM (BOOK REVIEW)

Inspired by..... Tijana / Nadahnuta s.......

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)