A GOLDEN GOWN (WEDDING GUEST OUTFIT)

 What to wear to a summer wedding? Today I'll share with you what I wore to a wedding that took place two days ago. I opted for a long gold dress I got as a part of a collaboration back in 2019 (original post HERE). I think items with sequins and metallic glitter are a fantastic choice because they are always such a glamorous option. I felt a bit like mermaid, especially during the catering event that was at the beach in Podstrana (that took place before the actual wedding). The wedding ceremony and the celebration that followed took place in Split city. 

Before opting for this dress, I asked some friends for their opinion on whether the dress was a bit too much. They all said it was fine. Seeing that the bride opted for an elaborative wedding dress, I don't think I was overdressed. In fact, I think it was the perfect dress for the occasion. When it comes to Croatian weddings it is better to overdress than to risk being underdressed. I think in that sense, our weddings are similar to those in Italy, Spain or other Mediterranean countries. You're definitely expected to dress up and wear something formal for an event such as a wedding. 

 What do you guys think? The dress proved more comfortable than I expected. I paired it with a pair of golden sandals. I can't remember where I got them from. I also wore a gold bag (also from some collaboration). My niece (six years old) has set her eyes on this gold bag of mine. I did my own hair and make up. I kept things  simple.



This wedding took place close to our wedding anniversary, just a day after, so I couldn't help  remembering  our  own  wedding ceremony. We did celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in style, I'll show you how some other time.

A FEW PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WHILE I WAS GETTING READY (POSING IN FRONT OF THE PAINTING I GIFTED)

Here I'm posing in front of my seascape (the one I gifted). 


 A FEW MORE PHOTOGRAPHS IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH 
That would be all. I'll keep today's post short. A few more photographs taken in front of the church and that's it. 


As always thank you for visiting. Have a nice day. 

Comments

  1. It is a lovely dress and love the nails, goes well with it :-D Love the photo of you and your husband :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning maxi dress on you! it does look so perfect for the wedding and I really like that little gold bag with it! :)

    Hope you had a great weekend :) We enjoyed the warmer weather which was good as it's another cold spring day today!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es un lindo vestido adoro las sandalias y la cartera. Feliz aniversario y me gusto la foto en la que están tu esposo y tu. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous dress! You look gorgeous!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Yes, it's so wonderful to have a place to dress up and go these days. What a fantastic night it must have been for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gold! Such a great dress. Lovely glam! So interesting to know how the weddings and cultural standards are too. The last wedding I attended was one of the best. Even if it was more of a pot luck. Still the wedding was in a park, it was very festive. And the music was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ivana you look like a mermaid coming out of the water!
    I think you were the best dressed wedding guest and you're not overdressed at all! I liked it a lot, you look very pretty and congratulations on your hairstyle and make up. Congratulations, also on your wedding anniversary!
    xoxo

    marisaclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear friend! Beautiful dress and really fit you very well. I love its color and also your earrings look perfect. Happy September! Greetings from Turkey .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mamma quanto sei bella Ivana, sembri una principessa!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress Ivana....it's exactly perfect for so many celebratory events. How wonderful to get all dressed up. and happy anniversary to you guys too.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really looking as top model Ivana! Beautiful! I hope you are enjoying with yout husband, you two looking so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this dress is perfect for a wedding. While black dresses are very popular I always think that a colourful one is more appropriate as it looks like a happy event. While it makes a statement it is simple and so it will not outshine the bride. I love it!!!!
    I can't wait to see pictures from your anniversary too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning, Ivana! My breath caught at how lovely you look standing in front of the ocean, and, aw, how sweet is that pic of your husband giving you a peck on the cheek! Happy anniversary, you lovebirds! :)

    I would totally wear this to a wedding - as you probably would surmise, I overdress, always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overdressed is always better than underdressed.

      Delete
  14. Magnificently gorgeous gown! You look like a summertime goddess come to life.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look absolutely gorgeous in your stunning golden gown, Ivana, and I'm loving the photos of you and your husband. Such a lovely couple, you are! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

21 WAY TO STYLE A MINI FLORAL DRESS (FOR ALL SEASONS)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci