TRAVEL WITH MY ART #33 LOZNA BAY, CAPE KABAL (CROATIA)- AN ANNIVERSARY PRESENT

Happy New Year everyone! How are you doing? Today I'm back with another painting for my  'Travel With My Art' series. This seascape was another commissioned piece of bay Lozna (the second bay next to cape Kabal) on island Hvar. Some of you might remember I have already painted this gorgeous seascape location with acrylics on a A4 mixed media paper. This paining, however, is significantly larger and it's acrylic on canvas (as opposed to paper). It was commissioned by a friend of mine as an anniversary present for his significant other. So, just like with my last painting, this one was commissioned with a romantic intention. It was a pretty fairy-take experience visiting this place with my husband back when we lived on island Hvar. Therefore, it wasn't difficult getting those romantic vibes down. 


If I find the time tomorrow, I'll take the photographs of both the canvas and the paper version of this seascape so that you can compare the two.  This one is obviously more detailed and it took more time to finish. I enjoyed the opportunity to do another version of this painting. This is a really special motif for  me. One I might return to again. 




MORE OF MY TRAVEL WITH MY ART POSTS (LINKS PROVIDED BELLOW)



CLICK HERE TO REVISIT BAY LOZNA WITH ME!

Work in process photography



Comparison paper medium vs canvas



As always, thank you for visiting. Have a lovely day and once again all the best in 2023!

Comments

  1. Hermosa pintura. Te mando un beso y te deseo un feliz año,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture the movement so well, Ivana. I could dive right in. I bet the recipient of that beautiful painting was thrilled. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely art :-D Happy New Year Ivana :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great details. Awesome how you study the beauty of the water too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous seascape, Ivana! I love how you managed to catch the fairy-tale vibes of your visit on canvas! Happy New Year to you and your husband, may 2023 be a year of joy and happiness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is utterly sublime! You are so talented. I love the rippled reflections on the water and it certainly is a romantic image that draws you in!x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).