JANUARY RECAP - 10 OUTFITS I LOVED WEARING

Hello! Today I'm back with a selection of outfits I wore this January. I enjoyed wearing all of these and today I'll share them. Some of these outfits are a bit similar in style, but that's alright because I like re-wearing things and shopping my closet.  One of the things I love about clothes is that it has the ability to tell stories. I love creating memories with my clothing items. I find it easier to style clothing items when I've had them for a while. It's like I need time to get to know them. Moreover, when there is an item I love, then I wear it often. You may call be sentimental, but at least I'm sustainable in my fashion choices.  I will also show you some fun Herzegovina destinations that you might want to visit once the travel restrictions are lifted. The links in this post will take you to previous posts, that's how I'm starting to link things up. I'm doing this linking thing to give you more fashion inspiration but also to point out how often I re-wear things and for how long I've had some clothing items. So, let's get started.

OUTFIT #1- DRESSED FOR THE SNOW
This is an outfit I wore when we decided to look for the snow in the mountains near Mostar. As you can see, we managed to find some snow. We stopped for lunch in a restaurant in village Goranci. We anticipated there might be snow there, but there no snow in the village (the lunch was great, though) hence we drove on. Only a ten minute drive from the village we managed to find lots of snow. I was as happy as a little child. The mountains were very cold but also amazing beautiful and inspiring. I'm grateful to my husband for fulfilling my wish. I wore my trusted magenta coat, a pair of cord jeans, high brown boots and a new bag from Borsa shop. I paired this warm combo with a red cap and a tartan scarf


OUTFIT #2 DRESSED FOR RAIN AT SPANISH SQUARE IN MOSTAR

Bellow you can see an outfit I wore for a walk around Mostar town. I paired my trusted brown coat with a black vintage dress, thermal zebra leggings, a pair of brown boots and a brown bag. All of these items I've had for a while. I never do get tired of shopping my closet. 



OUTFIT 3# STROLLING BY NERETVA RIVER WEARING MY ART
The outfit you can see bellow is one that I wore for a long walk around the city. I wore a t-shirt with a fashion illustration print that isn't very visible because I wore a grey blazer over it (you can purchase similar t-shirts via my art account at Redbubble) The heel of these Šimecki boots is quite high but they are one of the most comfortable boots ever. I'm afraid that one of these days they will fall apart, but as long as they remain wearable I'm going to wear them. 


OUTFIT 4# VISITING MEĐUGORJE IN MY TEDDY BEAR COAT
Bellow is an outfit I wore on the first day of year 2021. My husband and I have this tradition we call 'tour de Herzegovina'. We drive around on the first day of the New Year, visiting different places in our region. It is always peaceful to be strolling around on the first day of the new year. Anyhow, here I paired by vintage teddy bear coat with a tartan scarf, a grey dress, a pair of brown boots, zebra leggings, a black mini dress and an umbrella. I needed the umbrella because it was raining for most of that day. 


OUTFIT #5 IN FRONT OF KARTING KLUB RESTAURAN IN MOSTAR 
This is an outfit I wore for a lunch with my husband in a cult restaurant in Mostar. I wore a white foklore blouse, a beige coat, a floral skirt, a mini black bag and a new pair of boots I picked up in Borsa store in Mostar. I was in quite a good mood when there photographs were taken. I did this hairstyle myself (probably you're not surprised to learn that as I enjoy styling my own hair).


OUTFIT #6 STROLLING MOSTAR CITY DRESSED IN COBALT BLUE 
I love the colours of this outfit. I wore a burgundy hat, a brown coat, a brown bag and black Šimecki boots. The rest of my outfit is cobalt blue. The blue skirt is vintage and the sweater is old. I felt very chic in this styling. I think this might be my favourite look among these January outfits. 


OUTFIT #7 BLACK CHIC FOR A COFFEE DATE AT AN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IN MOSTAR 
This is an outfit I wore for a coffee date with my husband at the University campus at Mostar. It was a lovely sunny day and we had a delightful time. I wore an Uzor dress paired with a black puffer and high brown boots. I have worn these brown boots a lot this January, haven't I?  Perhaps I should do a plus thirty wear posts with them to mark them as a sustainable item in my closet. 


OUTFIT #8 SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED, SOMETHING BLUE
Speaking of thirty wears, I think I might have reached 30 wears with this magenta coat so expect a post to celebrate its 'sustainable status' in my closet some time soon. Besides the coat, here you can see me wearing my heeled camel boots (more that 40 wears), zebra leggings, grey dress (I think) and an oversize blue scarf that was a gift from Ely.



OUTFIT #9 A NEW HAT TO MATCH MY BEIGE COAT 
The hat is new and it cost me only fifty cents. I wasn't planning on buying anything new but when I saw it, I thought why not? I wore my blue skirt once again and accessorized with statement earrings. This is an outfit I wore for a visit to a graveyard. It was the death anniversary of my mother-in-law. I never met her because she died before I ever met my husband. I made this bouquet myself. It is a mixture of real greens I picked around the house and an artificial rose. 

OUTFIT #10  WHAT I WORE FOR A VISIT TO KRAVICE FALLS
I wore this outfit on the first day of the new year. In fact, if you look closely, you'll see that it is almost the same as outfit #4, the one I wore for a visit to Međugorje. On that same day, we also visited the famous Kravica waterfalls.  I love this area so much. Herzegovina is full of wonders. 

Thank you so much for reading and visiting. Take care and stay safe. <3

Comments

  1. Lindos atuendos los que mas me gustan son el primero y el segundo. Te mando un beso y ten una buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures and beautiful styles Ivana! Love your brown coat!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great winter outfits! I love how you have such cosy scarves, they always add a special touch to your outfit and no doubt make you much warmer too! :) the majority of my scarves are lightweight ones as it doesn't get that cold here, haha!

    Hope that you had a nice weekend. Was a lovely warm one here :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so many pretty outfits! Wow, about the tan hat! What a steal. Love how you mixed the neutrals with florals and the like. And of course, boots! Beautiful boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you work with what you have. Fabulous results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are always perfect, Ivana!
    No.6 is my favorite, and that hat is so beautiful on you, and I also love No.3 because I got the T-shirt with prints of your illustration<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Se mi chiedessi di fare una scelta sarebbe praticamente impossibile, riesci ad essere super stilosa anche ad alta quota... bellissimo quel paesaggio innevato!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely outfits. They look good and warm :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely parade of January outfits, Ivana! There really is no limit to the number of outfits you can create when playing around in one's wardrobe. My favourite must be your snow outfit. I love the large tartan shawl and Nordic style knitted hat worn with your magenta coat. I also love your outfit featuring the cobalt blue skirt and jumper, worn with the brown coat and that lovely hat! I hope that February will be a better month for you, Ivana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great round-up of outfits. I love your 50 cent hat, its got a brilliantly futuristic 1960s vibe going on! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how you show that you can stay warm in the colder weather and still look stylish Ivana!!!
    And 30 wears for that coat is fabulous. I should start keeping track
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 It's a great way to stay inspired and make the most out of our clothes.

      Delete
  12. You have an excellent collection of coats, hat and boots, Ivana - your styling is always excellent. I love your new hat! It reminds me of teddy bear ears. :) I bet that walkway (with the outfit with the shawl) is lovely when the lights are on! Good to see you back. Take care of yourself, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I can't wait to wear a new hat.

      Delete
  13. It is incredible that all these pictures were taken in January, when some are on sunny and gorgeous days while others, like the first ones, are in thick snow. The weather is just as changing here in UK too. You look amazing in all the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't actually snow in Mostar city, but it did snow on hills and mountains nearby. The weather changes were quite extreme at times.

      Delete
  14. I am very much in love with your short camel coat! What a stylish one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Ivana,

    I loved to see many winter looks in this post, these are magical and the scenarios are pretty amazing, wouldn't mind to spend a winter season in a place with snow. Barcelona is not a place for the typical ideal winter, it is cold right but seeing the snow must be magical *_* I only experienced it once in Sweden.

    You have a pretty nice collection of coats, some of they remind me of a typical postcard of winterwonderland, like the one with the fur on the neck and the cape in red which looks so magical. My favorite photo is the one with the flowers!

    Keep safe and best from Spain!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. Yes, seeing the snow can be so magical. I hope you'll have the chance to experience it again once that the travelling restrictions are lifted.

      Delete
  16. Hi Ivana,
    After all we have the same taste, telling stories with our clothes. Stunning oufits !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is great to tell stories with our clothes.

      Delete
  17. nice outfits! very cozy and warm. your choice of scarf in the first outfit is simply perfect and your outer wear collection gives me goals! Loved the recap

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you had a lovely and stylish month of January. My favorite has to be the look with the magenta coat and tartan scarf that you wore to the mountains. The look is so cozy and the vibrant color really stands out in the backdrop of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, vibrant colours always look great in snow landscape.

      Delete
  19. Are they all from January? The weather is very changeable for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all of these outfits are from January. The weather has been crazy this winter, lots of shifts between warm and cold.

      Delete
  20. Dear Ivana, all ten outfits are fantastic - very feminin and stylish. But maybe it's also because of the charming model :-)
    Have a wonderful sunday!
    xoxo Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am planning to move to Australia permanently. Hopefully, my immigration process will be completed this year and I will move in the beginning of 2011. Can someone suggest some excellent resources and blogs about making the plans for settling in Australia?.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

How To Wear Yellow In Summer? + Mostar's panorama + Goranci restaurant

BOOK REVIEW: MURDER IN THREE ACTS, A NOVEL BY AGATHA CHRISTIE