MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE BEST!

Merry Christmas and all the best for the holidays to all of you! Thank you so much for your kind wishes. Yesterday I collapsed into bed after having driven back home from Croatia twice. I got back to Mostar when I received a call that I need to go back to island Hvar sign another contract so you can imagine how much driving was involved. Long story short, I went to bed early and effectively slept trough Christmas Eve. I woke up early, decorated my home in a hurry (that wasn't such a bad thing as I quite like the minimal decor I opted for), went to Christmas mass and now I'm back home, getting ready to go out for a family Christmas dinner with my husband's family. Before I do that, I'd like to share a bit more of my advent experience with you. My last post was about advent in Stari Grad on island Hvar and today I'll show you a bit more of Christmas atmosphere in Croatia. 
I wore two outfits today. First I wore a turtleneck sweater paired with a golden maxi skirt (a vintage piece, a gift from my aunt) and paired it with a purple coat (you can see how that looks here). My second outfit was a golden mini dress (you can see it here) paired with camel boots (here). So, both outfits were golden in tone, something I feel is very appropriate for festivities. I love to wear metalic pieces for holidays. Moreover, both of these looks were very comfortable and having worn all of these pieces individually before, I knew what to expect. I do love shopping my closet. I didn't do any shopping this Christmas season, so all of my outfits are bound to be composed of old pieces. I did get a few vintage pieces from my sister-in-law and I'm sure I'll find an opportunity to wear them and share them with you soon enough on this blog. Now, that I'm in Bosnia and Herzegovina again, you can expect more posts about this lovely country, but until I get to that, I still have some Croatian advent location & travel posts to share with you. 

Having temporarily moved for work and all that, I have spend my advent in Croatia. This year I was fortunate to experience Advent in several Croatian cities. They were all amazing in their own way. Scroll down to see more!
ADVENT IN HVAR CITY, ISLAND HVAR (CROATIA)
When we visited Hvar city, it was very windy and there was a flooding situation, but we still made the most of it. Instead of visiting the advent houses that were closed for justified reasons (the waves were reaching them!), we climbed the famous fortress and enjoyed a magnificent panorama of the city. I promise to blog about the fortress some other time. Anyhow, we had a nice time. The advent decor was quite subtle. They didn't go all out in this city, but you could still feel the Christmas city.





ADVENT IN SPLIT CITY, CROATIA
I experienced advent in Split in about half an hour while I was waiting for the ferry. My visits to Split were brief and most of my time there was spent in hospitals, but still it was nice to stroll this famous promenade and enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. Generally speaking, advent in Split is usually quite an experience. I didn't fully experience it this year, but I did in the past. Speaking of the past, as some of you know, Split is the city I was born and I often blog about it. For those of you who would like to know a bit more about this city, feel free to check the links bellow. 





ADVENT IN VRBOSKA, ISLAND HVAR (CROATIA)
Another place that deserves a special mention is little village Vrboska on island Hvar. Nicknamed little Venice, this village is extremely photogenic. I just loved the Christmas decor there, especially little presents placed on a small island within the bay. Simply adorable! If you want to know more about this seaside village, do visit my post about Vrboska. I promise to blog more about it in future, it truly is a little gem of a place. 



 That would be all for today.  I hope you enjoyed these glimpses of advent in Croatia. I don't plan to take a break during the holiday season, so you can expect more posts from me soon. Once again I wish you all the best for the holidays! I hope you're having the best of times with your loved ones.



Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy this days with your beloved ones! :)
    Merry Christmas!

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must be so tired! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alright. I will have a few days to rest.

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful in these photos, the looks suit you so well! And the backdrops are super pretty x

    Happy holidays! :)

    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Are those your paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the paintings in my home are my paintings and I painted them during art lessons in art classes I've been taking for years. Some of them are reproduction paintings meaning that I painted them using a classical painting as a reference.

      Delete
  6. MErry christmas dear!! I hope you had a great day with all your family!
    Have a wonderful day, merry christmas and a happy new year! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - https://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your minimalistic Christmas décor! With the all-white furnishings in the living room, I think the simpler the décor the more striking it is. What a gorgeous skirt, too - the whole outfit was beautiful and elegant! Beautiful city pictures (I'm partial to the ones with the water and palms in the background but I really loved the little red car with the tree on top and the ornaments in the headlight holes) - I can't wait to see more of your travels (whew! I don't blame you for sleeping through Christmas Eve). I hope you have an amazing 2020!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/12/22

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little car, how different and cool. I loved it!
    I loved the pictures.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halo. Merry christmas!! Very nice photos.
    I like those red candles ornaments. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that sounds utterly exhausting Ivana! Anyway, I'm glad you made it home a second time, so that you could show us your beautiful decorations and gorgeous outfit. That maxi skirt is stunning on you! Thank you too for sharing Advent in several Croatian cities with us! Hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing Christmas time, Ivana - and that you do have time to read many books :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your activities are so busy, don't forget to maintain your health condition.

    Merry Christmas, from Indonesia!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely post Ivana. Your advent skirt is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoy this days with your beloved ones.Merry Christmas.
    Buy zopiclone


    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas! Beautiful photos.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Išla si dvaput u jednom danu s Hvara do Mostara i nazad? Tebi nije dosadno u životu:)
    Sretan ti Božić! Ova kombinacija sa zlatnom dugom suknjom i blijedoružičastom dolčevitom je divna.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)