17 WAYS TO STYLE A PAIR OF BLUE FLARED JEANS

Hello friends, how are you? I'm alright, albeit a bit tired. I have been struggling with insomnia lately and frankly it's been exhausting. However, last night I managed to get my eight hours of sleep and I'm feeling better already. Therefore, I'm back with a new post. This time I will show you 17 ways to style a pair of flared jeans. This post will be a mix of some of my newer outfits as well as old ones.  Browsing my recent outfits, I realized that there is a pair of jeans that I have worn quite a  few times this month. I don't normally wear jeans on every day basis, but sometimes I do reach for them.  It is not that I hate jeans, but I'm more a skirt or a dress kind of gal. When it comes to jeans, I prefer bell bottom and flare cut. I suppose that the same can be said for trousers. I don't have a lot of straight cut trousers, mostly they are of wide or flared design. I don't have a single pair of skinny jeans and never plan to wear them. I remember that I was given a few pairs of skinny jeans, I passed them to my mother. Basically when it comes to jeans, my ideal pair would be vintage and flared. This particular pair of jeans fulfills one of my 'main categories' so I decided to keep it, even if I don't wear it that often. Generally speaking, I would say that a pair of blue flared jeans is a pretty good investment because it is easy to style. 



WASHED OUT BLUE FLARED JEANS 
This  flared washed out pair is from Piazza Italia. I bought them several years ago in a local mall. I don't typically shop in malls, but this pair caught my eye because it was flared. That's the only reason why I bought them. They are really comfortable, I have to give them. I'm not a fan of washed out look in jeans (unless they are washed up from actually being worn too much then I'm cool with it), but I decided to tolerate it with this pair because I love the flared cut.  This pair isn't very flattering and the cut is odd- neither high rise nor low rise but something in between. They have always been a big on me but worn with belt, they often look bulky. I'm not sure how many time I have actually worn this pair. It is possible that I wore them 30 times, but I'm not really sure whether that is the case. Browsing my archives, I realized that it's been a long time since I last worn them. In fact, I haven't reached for them at all in the last two years or so. Still, I'm glad I kept them.
VINTAGE JEANS VS. MODERN JEANS 
 I think the reason why I have been reaching for this pair lately is because they are so comfortable.Vintage jeans are a lot more flattering but they typically aren't comfortable. Modern jeans are made from different materials then they were in the past so they are more comfortable but not nearly as cool (if you ask me). You cannot have it all. I have quite a few pairs of vintage jeans in my closet, but most of them were gifts so unfortunately I cannot recommend good shopping options for buying vintage jeans. However, I would always recommend keeping onto a good pair of you can. 

OUTFIT #1- A VISIT TO RIVER JASENICA (NEAR MOSTAR) 
Jasnica river near Mostar is a wonderful destination. This village shares its name with a nearby river. I just love this area. Isn't it fabulous how you find so many beautiful and unique locations near Mostar city? One of the benefits of living in this town for sure. That day we drove to this little spot and enjoyed a short walk around. I'm considering illustrating this river, it's so beautiful. I could feel the spring in the air and the surroundings looked so green. If it wasn't quite windy we would have walked more, but it was quite chilly despite the sun, so it was a short visit. 


The story of my outfit is coming up up. I paired this pair of jeans with a short black coat ( worn here &  here plus I devoted a  special +30 wears post to this black coat here), brown boots, burgundy bag, blue shirt and a white scarf. This white scarf has a special place in my heart because it was knitted for me by my grandmother. She calls it a 'fine' scarf and it's exactly that. The kind of fancy scarf you can wear with both formal and casual outfits. I'm so happy I have this white scarf because it is so unique. I don't know if you can see it on the photos but it is wonderful. One day I'll take close up photographs of this scarf and talk about it some more. Isn't it funny that we are wearing coats and scarves at the end of April? I mean, summer is not that far away and we're still wearing scarves (and sometimes beanies too).  As far as the outfit goes, I might wear it again. I like this short black coat with this pair of jeans.


OUTFIT #2- A TRIP TO ETHNO VILLAGE HERCEG IN MEĐUGORJE

Bellow you can see an outfit I wore for a visit to a touristic village and restaurant complex known as ethno village Međugorje. It's a quite large complex that is growing every year. It was interesting to observe its development over the years. Right now, they have amphitheaters, wedding saloons, conference rooms, hotels, apartments,  pools with sea water, ponds, creeks, a small zoo with domestic animals and even a small chapel. We visit this place very often. If you want, some day I can prepare a recap post with all my visits to this lovely place.  As far as my outfit goes, I don't really have a lot to write about it. The same boots as in the previous outfit, a top, a cross over bag and a red tartan coat.  I wouldn't call it a successful outfit. It is too casual for my liking and not flattering at all. I will probably avoid wearing this pairing again. I remember feeling sloppy in this combo. 


OUTFIT #3: A VISIT TO GORANCI VILLAGE (NEAR MOSTAR) 

This is a styling I wore for a recent visit to Goranci village in Mostar. This time I paired this pair of flares with  a short scarf, burgundy bag, brown boots, a  white shirt and a grey coat,  (well actually it is white and black but because of the pepita pattern, it looks grey). I wore this outfit for a visit to Goranci village. The day was wonderfully sunny but it was still a bit chilly so I was glad I layered my outfit. Would I wear this outfit again?, No, I don't think I would. This coat doesn't look right with this pair of jeans (in my opinion). As I always say, you cannot win them all. 


OUTFIT #4: A WALK AROUND UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IN MOSTAR 
This styling is similar to the first one I shared. I wore a different pair of boots and a shorter scarf, but apart from that, it's almost the same pairing. I think we established that I like the combination of this short black coat with this pair of jeans. It really helps to have a fashion blog when it comes to putting outfits together. It's so easy going back to old outfits and seeing what worked and what didn't. However, I don't think I will be rewearing this particular combo, it's comfortable but so boring. 



SOME OF MY PREVIOUS OUTFITS WITH THIS PAIR OF BLUE FLARE JEANS I.E. 13 MORE OUTFIT IDEAS WITH THIS PAIR!

Putting together this post was really useful for me because I realized there is only one way I like to wear this pair of jeans and that is with some longer item over it (a blazer or a coat in the colder months and a dress or a tunic in warmer months). In other words, I figured out what works for me. I think we all have items like that in our closet that we forget about but really they are ways to make them work for us. When it comes to shopping our closets and being sustainable in our fashion choices, it is very important to find out what works for us. If we put some thought into it, I'm sure we can find ways to rewear all of our  items.  I hope this post gave some fashion inspiration to some of you as well. 

#flares #winter #outfit #fashionblogger
Flared #jeans and magetna coat (location Mostar, BIH) #winterstyling #winter

Almost three years ago, I put together a post titled MY FAVOURITE PAIR OF JEANS: A VISUAL GUIDE TO WEARING JEANS so check out that post if you're looking for some denim fashion inspiration. 

As always thank you for reading and visiting. Happy Sunday and take care. 

Comments

  1. Definitely a denim that can take your through the year. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful styling! Love the seasons and places you've went and art inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I do have some tunics I usually wear with leggings, maybe I will try with jeans now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really shown how versatile this pair of jeans can be styled Ivana!! I know we've gotten used to our skinny jeans, but you can certainly style a flare pair so great too!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good in flares, Ivana - they really suit you! How tall are you? I'm curious, as I'm 5'4" and flares are really tough on me because I'm short. I like a straight or wide leg, and was semi-on board for skinnies, but I'm so happy that wider leg and flared pants are having a comeback.

    I always glance at jeans when I'm shopping, just in case I find something good, but I am bored by most jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5 feet 9. I never really embraced skinny jeans, they just aren't me. I tend to stick with flares but sometimes I will wear a classical straight cut.

      Delete
  6. these jeans look so good on you! I don't have a lot of flared jeans in my wardrobe - in fact I don't think I have any any more! they look great with a heel but being short I couldn't really wear them after my knee injury when I needed to wear flats. Skinny and straight leg jeans all the way for me, haha!

    Hope that you had a good weekend! It's a nice relaxing long weekend for us.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hermosos lugares te quedan muy bien los jean en especialmente con las chaquetas. Deberías usarlos mas a menudo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're goingt o wear jeans flares are the best, far more feminine and fun than boring old skinnies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flares are my choice of jeans too, and thank you for showing us so many different ways that they can be worn. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect pair ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flared jeans too. You look wonderful and the pictures are so beautiful. I think the outfit with the red hat and black coat is my favourite, that one is just stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ivana,
    I like to know that you ar fine, although tired. I have been struggling with insomnia lately too. So, I know what it is.
    I love the outfits and the charming places. You are really beautifull whith these jeans.

    Kisses
    Chris


    Inventando com a Mamãe / Instagram  / Facebook / Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ivana, like you, I'm more of the skirt or dress gal. When it comes to jeans, I'm on your side. If jeans, then flared ;-) But you look adorable even in jeans. I especially love the outfit on the first photo on the far right, with the white and blue tunic.
    By the way, Mostar is really beautiful.
    I wish you an improvement in your insomnia and a wonderful week.
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Ivana!

    I hope you're having a good week so far! First of all I hope you can feel better in the upcoming days. I hate insomnia, so I hope you can find a way to get the rest you deserve... teas and infussions help me a lot with this kind of trouble, also getting rid of the blue light before going to bed.

    Well not talking about this fantastic blog post I love flared jeans! Honestly they are my favorites since you can play with proportions and shapes in the outfit. I have many in my closet but obviously the blue are the highlight, today I am wearing white flare jeans.

    I would say that all the 17 options could work, but my favorite are those when you wear something tighter in the upper part to get an interesting visual contrast, in this case the options with blazers or the one with the biker jacket, that's my one to go!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos and interesting post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like Flared jeans too- cannot be doing with those horrific skinny ones which I cannot get my large size 8 feet into- they make my legs ITCH with being constricted. This is a great pair. I agree too about not liking jeans that are deliberately faded (also I hate ripped jeans!). I do agree about finding a way that works for you with a particular garment. I think you are right about the longer jacket over the jeans- that seems to work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these jeans look so great on you. pretty cool
    brazilian lace front

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've definitely done a great job of showcasing the stylishness and versatility of flared jeans. It's a flattering silhouette on you so I can see why you like it so much. I've never really gone for flared jeans because I just don't feel like they work that well with my body type. Sorry to hear about the insomnia. I've struggled with that and not sleeping properly can be a real downer. Good that you managed to get 8 hours of sleep and I hope that continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Insomnia can be exhausting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)