8 WAYS TO WEAR A PUFFED SLEEVE BLOUSE (SUSTAINABLE FASHION FILES)

Today I'll show you eight different ways to wear a striped puffed sleeve blouse/shirt. Striped items have a special place in my heart, even more so when they are vintage ones like this blouse.  As they say, stripes are an eternal classic. They can be worn in any season and can be a great choice to transition into autumn/fall with. Another thing I like about this vintage blouse? It is tailored. A tangible benefit of tailored shirts is that they put emphasis on your waist. I must admit that I quite liked this so called 'puffed sleeve' blouse trend. I've always been a fan of statement sleeves and puffed sleeves definitely make a statement. Plus, they are so feminine, aren't they? 

Since I do own this vintage shirt, I didn't have to spend to be on trend. Isn't that often the case? As you know I'm a big believer in shopping your own closet and getting the most out of your clothes that way (that's kind of the point of my recent posts). I do always shop my closet first because of sustainability but it is also a great way to stay on your budget. You don't have to spend a lot of money to prove you're into fashion. Often it happens that people totally forget about what they have in their closets. This striped puffed sleeve Peter Pan collar shirt is one of favourite items in my closet. You have seen it featured on this blog a number of times. Today I'll show two outfit proposals I wore this summer as well as six ways I wore it in the past. Eight ways to style it in total. Scroll down and have a closer look!
1. A PUFFED SLEEVE BLOUSE PAIRED WITH A BEIGE SKIRT, BLACK SANDALS AND YELLOW BAG FOR A WALK ON BANKS OF NERETVA RIVER
My first outfit proposal proved comfortable enough for exploring Neretva river. However, I would totally wear it again for a coffee date or drinks. This was such a comfy yet feminine summer styling, I can definitely see myself wearing something like this again. That's a great thing about shopping our closet, we get a better idea of what certain clothes look on us and how to use it to our advantage.

I paired this vintage shirt with a beige mini skirt Moda In (local Croatian brand) and Boromina sandals (from iconic Croatian brand Borovo). I added a plastic yellow bag I bought years ago ( I love how it still looks brand new). I don't see anything problematic with owning a plastic bag. The whole problem with plastic is not that we use it, but that we tend to use it only for a short time i.e. we are being incredibly wasteful with it. I plan to keep this bag forever, so I don't see why I should feel bad about owning it. I sometimes use it as a tote bag for groceries (and that makes it more sustainable).


2. A PUFFED SLEEVE BLOUSE PAIRED WITH A DENIM SKIRT, A BROWN BAG AND A PAIR OF BROWN SANDALS FOR ANOTHER WALK ON BANKS OF NERETVA RIVER
Here is another summer outfit proposal. Here I paired this puffed sleeve shirt with a denim skirt (see 14 ways to wear a denim skirt here ), a brown leather bag and a pair of brown leather sandals. For a touch of chic, I tied a scarf around my ponytail. This outfit could easily be turned into a chic autumn one, all I had to do would be to add a blazer and a pair of ankle boots. P.S. The location for this post is the same as for the other outfit proposal- the banks of Neretva river, one of the most magical places in Mostar city. Consequently, I tend to hang out there a lot. Walking by the river is a great way to escape the urban stress, don't you agree?


 6 MORE WAYS TO STYLE A STRIPED PUFFED SLEEVE PETER PAN COLLAR SHIRT
Bellow you can see six others ways in which I wore this shirt. Outfit proposal number 3 is all about wearing stripes together. Outfit proposal number 4 is a casual one, this shirt would look great with a pair of classical cut jeans. Outfit proposal number 5 is a more elegant one, showing how you could wear this striped shirt for work or a more dressed up occasion.  Outfit proposal number 6 is a casual one again, demonstrating how good this kind of shirt can look paired with mum's jeans and sneakers. That's a great thing about a shirt like this one, it turns every outfit into a feminine and chic one. Outfit number 7 features a vintage midi skirt I already blogged about and shows how vintage items often match together perfectly. Outfit number 8 is all about girly vibes, proving that pink and blue can be a great colour combo. Scroll down for a closer look!
3. WITH A STRIPED SKIRT (SEE MORE WAYS TO STYLE THIS SKIRT HERE)
4. WITH JEANS, A RED FRINGED BAG AND ANKLE BOOTS 
5. WITH WIDE TROUSERS, A RED BLAZER, A PINK BAG AND ANKLE BOOTS
6. WITH STARTAS SNEAKERS AND VINTAGE JEANS
7. WITH  COMFY FLATS, A BLUE BAG AND A DOTTED PENCIL SKIRT (SEE MORE  HERE)

8. WITH A PINK SKIRT, A PINK BAG AND HEELED MULES 
How do you like these outfit proposals? Would you wear them yourself? Do you like puffed sleeves? What are your closet essentials? Do you like stripes? Are you good at shopping your closets?

That would be all for today. Thank you for reading, commenting and visiting!

Comments

  1. Love the combination! Everything looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a cute blouse and it works so well in all your outfits - especially with the skirts! :)

    I agree, fashion trends come and go around so there's often pieces in our own wardrobes we have that will fit in with the currently trending styles, without us having to spend a cent! :) I enjoy seeing ways to wear posts like this too, my 30 ways to wear posts are my favourite to put together and I like seeing ways people can get more value from what they already own!

    Hope that you are having a great week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  3. You look so cool and stylish, Ivana! The pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cute blouse! I agree, it's so fun to see what the trends are, and then checking to see if we have them in our closets! As I'm a second-hand shopper, I don't mind looking for trendy items at a fraction of the retail price, either - it's a still a big budget saver.

    Some very pretty countryside there in Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, second hand shopping is a great thing to do, very budget friendly and more sustainable.

      Delete
  5. Secondo me le maniche a sbuffo non passeranno mai di moda, mi piacciono molto tutti i modi in cui l'hai abbinata ma con la gonna è davvero top!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable with these sleeves but you carried them so gracefully

    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This puffy sleeved top is super cute, I love it!! And I like all the ways you styled it too. It's really important to have pieces in the wardrobe that can be styled various ways to eliminate boredom and the need to get rid of clothes. We waste so much as it is!! Happy Thursday lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm always looking for ways for being less wasteful.

      Delete
  8. Great ideas Ivana! Nice and beautiful matches of a puffed sleeve dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The puffed sleeve blouse is high, isn't it?
    I find it chic and elegant.
    I liked your looks!

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that stripes are an eternal classic. This blouse is the perfect balance of classic, feminine and fun. The puffed sleeves are a standout feature along with the oversized collar. And you definitely shown off it's wonderfully versatile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've loved that blouse from the first time you showed it on your blog. You've certainly proved its versatility, as it works so well in so many different outfits. But my favourite is the one with the wide trousers and red blazer. That is the epitome of chic! Have a wonderful Friday and weekend, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my work outfits, very comfortable combo but also chic enough.

      Delete
  12. I totally agree Ivana. Stripes are an all time classic.
    Amazing combination and perfect for a warm and casual summer day.
    And how Beautiful and magical is this place? Amazing.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many ways to accessorize, but it all begins with a lovely single garment. This blouse is adorable on so many levels. I like all the different pairings expressed in this blog post for this blouse. Well done!

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great. I love everything :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing places, very nice look
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, looove it! :)
    If you want that we follow each other let me know by leaving a comment on my last post : https://beautyshapes3.blogspot.com/2019/08/cooking-with-me-2-lasagna.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you wore!

    check out my new post

    http://www.alyinwanderland.com/2019/08/day-1-and-day-2-tour-in-singapore.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Preslatka bluzica! Puff rukavi mi se sve vise dopadaju u zadnje vreme, bas su nekako retro romantični.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

WELCOMING SPRING WITH 15 IDEAS TO COMBAT SPRING FATIGUE!

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

HOW TO STYLE A YELLOW BLAZER FOR SPRING? A FEMININE OUTFIT PROPOSAL

SUĆURAJ ON ISLAND HVAR : WELCOME SPRING!

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Darkness and Light / Tama i svijetlo

Painting of the day (A Lioness) / Slika dana (Lavica)

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)