TWO WAYS TO WEAR A PUFFED SLEEVE STRIPED BLOUSE FOR SPRING


How to style a puffed sleeved striped vintage blouse with a peter pan collar? This puffed sleeve blouse is one of favourite vintage pieces in my closet. Today I'll show two spring outfits proposals featuring this blouse with you (because I'm all about shopping one's closet). One styling is more work appropriate, while the other is more casual. In both outfits, I used red details to contrast the blue and white stripes. I like to pair red accents with blue toned outfits you know. Another thing I wanted to show you that puffed sleeved shirts and tops aren't that difficult to style. Puff sleeved blouses look fabulous worn with both trousers and skirts. What I like about them is the romantic factor. To me puffed sleeves look very feminine and cute. Puffed tops and blouses can be the perfect way to elevate one's everyday casual or work look. Take a look and tell me whether you agree!

Kako nositi vintage bluzu na prugice puf rukava s ovratnikom Petar Pan? Ova bluza s puf rukavima je jedan od mojih najdražih vintage odjevnih komada. Danas ću vam pokazat dvije proljetne kombinacije s ovim bluzom (jer vjerujem da trebamo kupovati iz vlastitih ormara. Jedna od ovih odjevnih kombinacija je više primjerena za posao dok je druga više ležerna. U oba ruha, koristila sam crvene detalje kako bi stvorila kontrast sa plavim i bijelim prugama. Volim usklađivati crvene modne dodatke s odjevnim kombinacijama u plavom tonalitetu. Još jedna stvar koju sam željela pokazati je da se topovi i košulje puf rukava mogu lako nositi. Bluze s puf rukavima izgledaju odlično nošene i s hlačama i suknjama. Ono što mi se sviđa kod njih je romantični faktor. Meni puf rukavi izgledaju jako ženstveno i slatko. Bluze i topovi put rukava mogu biti savršen način da podignete svakodnevne ležerne ili poslovne odjevne kombinacije. Bacite pogled i recite mi je li se slažete!

PUFF SLEEVED BLOUSE: AN ELEGANT STYLING WITH NAVY BLUE WIDE TROUSERS
Let's start with this office appropriate styling. I actually wore this outfit for work. Anyhow, here I paired this puffed sleeves vintage blouse with navy trousers, a red blazer and a pink bag. I also tied a striped scarf (with red details) to the bag. The bag itself has stripes, and now that I think about it, the red stripe on the pink background looks so cute. I wore dark green boots with both of these outfits as I think dark green looks good with everything. Dark tones can often be as elegant as black. What I like about this outfit is that it includes all the colours I love, but at the same time it is elegant and office appropriate. I feel that we sometimes get stuck in the all black formula for work. However, even if our work place comes with a very formal dress code, often is still possible to infuse colour into our outfits. We can do this with accessories. Moreover, prints are another way to make our work clothing items more interesting. Choosing classical prints such as stripes or dots can be a great way to spice up an elegant styling. Generally speaking,  if you choose classical cut garments, you can get away with adding more colour, patterns and accessories to your formal outfits. It's all about finding balance, isn't it? 
 



 PUFF SLEEVED BLOUSE: A CASUAL STYLING WITH JEANS AND FRINGED BAG
I wore this outfit for a lunch date (in restaurant Radobolja in Mostar in case anyone is wondering) with my significant other. We often dine here, as it is such a lovely and serene spot, an oasis in the city, you might say. Back to the subject of styling a puffed sleeve blouse in a casual way. Here I paired it with jeans, a red fringed bag and dark green boots. Jeans are always a great way to dress anything down and that includes puff sleeve tops and blouses. I felt really comfortable in this styling and I think it looks pretty cute too. This outfit is another example of shopping one's closet. All of these items I have had for a long time. I don't think I wore them together before, though. Isn't that often the case? Generally speaking, we typically don't get enough wear from items we own. Sometimes we really have to think to remember to shop our own closets. 

WHY SHOPPING OUR CLOSETS MAKES SENSE? 
As some of your noticed, I'm a big proponent of shopping our own closets.  I tend to re-wear clothing items quite often. Some outfits I even have on repeat, just changing up little details to make them fresh. I don't think this styling tactic is being lazy.  Relying on our go to outfits and clothing items can save us time. Moreover, I actually enjoy wearing the same items and I know I'm not the only one. By wearing certain clothing items more, we can get to know them better. Thinking of different outfits with one clothing item is a great way to get more creative with our style. You don't need to always be buying new clothes to keep your wardrobe relevant. I wrote about this on my blog so many times. A lot of people are advocating shopping our closets these days, both for environmental and economic factors. As I said before, I'm aware that I'm not revealing anything revolutionary when I point out that shopping our closets makes sense in  more ways than one. I will probably write about it again. Meanwhile, feel free to read this post: 10 CLEAR ADVANTAGES OF SHOPPING OUR CLOSETS. 
 As always, thank you for stopping by, reading and commenting. Have a great day!


Comments

  1. I love how you styled this Ivana!! And I'm glad to see you layer over it too. When I have a fun top like this I rarely think to put something over it, but it works fabulously!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma che carina questa blusa! mi piace sia la manica a sbuffo che il colletto importante e trovo che tu l'abbia interpretata benissimo!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Questa blouse è deliziosa e mi piace sia nelle versione casual che in quella opiù classica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous Ivana. I like the style with blouse amd denim and this amazing red bag :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the puff sleeve. It's a versatile piece. My favorite is the second style.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful blouse and you wear it well! I like the blue and red together in both outfits, and your fringed clutch is so fun! :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! We had our son's birthday party yesterday, it was loud but fun :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both styles. A great Look ♥
    Many greetings Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you style these puffed sleeves. There are many ways to dress the blouse up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blouse! I like the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice and I really like the red details. Great looks!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful outfit, I love the blouse and how you style it ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet blouse, Ivana! I love the huge Peter pan collar with the flower embroidery, and the puffed sleeves. Both stylings are gorgeous, proving the blouse's versatility as well as your talent! I'm happy to say I don't have a dress code at work, though, so that I can do my own thing all the time. But I would happily wear the office outfit you created. Love the scarf tied to your handbag, as well as the fringed handbag in your second outfit! Hope you are having a lovely week and that you are having a day off today, like me :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

OIL PASTELS VS. WATERCOLOUR PENCILS (SPLIT, FIRULE BEACH)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

What To See and Do in Hutovo Blato Nature Park in Summer? Exploring Bosnia and Herzegovina's Hidden Gems #1

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Metković (outfit post/ odjevna objava)

My new creation (outfit post) / Moja nova kreacija (odjevna kombinacija)