HOW TO STYLE A PUFFED SLEEVE DRESS? SPRING OUTFIT PROPOSAL

It seems that the puffy sleeves trend isn't going anywhere. Puffed sleeves have established themselves as one of 2019 fashion trends and I'm certainly happy about it. Being the kind that loves statement sleeves, I'd be the first to say that puffed sleeves are definitely a fun variation on the theme. As far as I'm concerned, sign me up for any sleeve fashion drama: voluminous and flare sleeves are definitely my thing.  Speaking of puffed sleeves, this season we can see anything from subtle puffed sleeves to Disney princess sleeves/balloon sleeves.  I already showed you three ways to style this pink puffed sleeves dress (1/ 2/ 3) in the past and today I'll show you yet another outfit proposal. As you know, I'm all about shopping one's closet and getting the most wear out of our fashion outfits. This particular look is perfect for every day wear, but at the same time it isn't entirely casual, it's a more dressed up version of an everyday look. If you want to know how to wear big Disney princess sleeves in a casual way, you can check out my older post where I styled this puffed sleeves dress with jeggings and/or  dad sneakers. 

IT Mi sembra che la tendenza delle maniche a sbuffo è qui per restare. Le maniche oversize sono certamente una delle tendenze della moda 2019. Io sono felice perche questa tendenza mi piace molto, specialmente il ritorno delle maniche a palloncino. Essendo un tipo romantico, una donna che ama le maniche oversize, devo dire che le maniche a sbuffo sono sicuramente una variazione divertente sul tema. Per quanto mi riguarda, semplicamente adoro fashion dramma delle maniche: le maniche voluminose e flare sono decisamente uno dei miei trend preferiti. A proposito di maniche a sbuffo, in questa stagione possiamo vedere qualsiasi cosa, da soffici maniche a sbuffo, maniche da principessa Disney/ maniche a palloncino. Vi ho già mostrato tre modi per modellare questo vestito con maniche a sbuffo (123) in passato. Oggi vi mostrerò un altro outfit. Come sapete,  credo nel 'shop your own closet' per ottenere il massimo usura di nostri abiti. Questo look è perfetto per ogni giorno, ma allo stesso tempo non è del troppo casuale, è una versione chic per un look per ogni giorno diciamo. Se volete sapere come indossare maniche a sbuffo in un modo casuale, potete visitare il mio vecchio post in cui indosso questo abito con jeggings e / o le sneakers.

HR Rekla bi da trend pufastih rukava ne ide nigdje. Puf rukavi su se dokazali kao jedan od trendova 2019. godine i ja sam zbog toga svakako sretna. S obzirom na to da sam tip koji voli upečatljive rukave, među prvima ću reći da je ova zabavna varijacija na temu dobrodošla. Što se tiče mene, ja sam za bilo kakve upečatljive rukave: predimenzionirani rukavi i oni na zvono su definitivno moj stil. Što se tiče takozvanih pufastih ili napuhanih rukava, ove sezone možemo vidjeti sve od suptilnih varijacija na temu do rukava kakve bi nosile disnejeve princeze. Već sam vam pokazala tri načina za nositi ovu rozu haljinu s pufastim rukavima u prošlosti (bacite pogled (123), ali danas ću vam pokazati još jednu odjevnu kombinaciju. Kao što znate, vjerujem u filozofiju kupovanja u svome ormaru i držim da je to najbolji način da iskoristimo odjeću koju imamo. Ova kombinacija je savršena za svaki dan, ali u isto vrijeme nije previše ležerna, recimo da je neka dotjeranija verzija svakodnevne kombinacije. Želite li znati kako nositi ovakvu haljinu na ležerniji način, pogledajte stare objave u kojima nosim ove napuhane rukave s tajicama i  atletskim tenisicama (poveznice možete pronaći u tekstu na engleskom i talijanskom jeziku). 

STRAW AND GOLD ACCESSORIES FOR SPRING STYLING

The outfit proposal I prepared for you today is appropriate for transitional styling. May has arrived but weather in spring is often unpredictable, that is why I still haven't put my boots away. I styled this pink puffed sleeves dress with caramel boots and straw accessories. It was back in March, that I wrote about how straw accessories are a lovely way to make our outfits more spring appropriate even when it's not that warm. When I wore this outfit, it wasn't warm enough to go with short sleeves so to keep warm I layered up by wearing a top and a pair of leggings under the dress. 

I didn't need a jacket and that's a good thing because fitting these sleeves under a jacket would be a challenge. However, as I proved in one of my recent posts, you can actually wear statement sleeves under jackets, but you have to pick oversize models. For example, oversize eighties blazers are a great choice. When you think about that, it makes sense because that is when balloon sleeves were trendy. There is probably a solution for every fashion dilemma, and history can give us great answers. Vintage fashion is inspiring in so many ways. One of the reasons why I love vintage clothing is its uniqueness, but finding trendy vintage pieces isn't that hard either. Fashion moves in circles and you can definitely style relevant outfits with vintage clothing.

Seeing that gold accessories are trending, I looked for some in my closet. I opted for a few golden tone bracelets but I also styled a bracelet (I got as a gift from Ely)  as a pedant on one of my necklaces. I feel pretty comfortable with mixing different accessories, it might be because I used to make jewellery items myself. Besides gold accessories, another trend that I'm loving is the layered necklaces look. It was fun to finally try it with this outfit. It's been trending for a while and I think it's simply perfect for spring. I often wear necklaces that I made myself, and it will be interesting to see how to layer them. It's definitely something I'm looking forward to. 


LOCATION

Location for these photographs is Bunica river, one of my favourite recreational sites in the vicinity of Mostar. Most of the time, I'm living the 'be a tourist in your own area' philosophy. One of my favourite ways to apply this philosophy to my life is by exploring the area I live in by foot. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of hiking. In addition, long walks (be it in urban area or nature) have many benefits. Sedentary way of life hides many health hazards, so remember that and go for a walk. If you are thinking about visiting Bosnia and Herzegovina, do not neglect the area around Buna river (only 14 km from Mostar as I'm always quick to point out). I've blogged about this area many times, I'm sure all my regular readers are familiar with it by now. 


 Basically, Buna and Bunica are two small rivers that join at one point and then they flow west for about 10 km and into  Neretva river. The area around these two rivers is absolutely magical. I already wrote about this place a dozen of times on my blog, so not to repeat myself, I will leave you link to my previous visits and you can check them out if you're interested in learning more about this area.
1. You can read about one of my earliest visits here (2013)
2. You can read about my encounter with Hoopoe bird here (2013)
3. You can see an outfit post with Buna in the background here (2013)
4.You can read about spring time and my love of flowers here (2017)
5. You can read about my most recent visit here (2017)
6. You can read about winter magic in Buna revisited post here (2016)
7. You can read about summer magic here (2015)
8. You can read about my last summer experience of it here (2018)
9. You can read about my most recent visit to Buna here (2019)

 My back is still giving me a hard time, but fortunately I'm off work today (it's finally the first of May). My plan  is to lay in bad for most of today, answer comments and work on blog. I hope lying down with help me get better. Typically I like to go away for first of May, but I'm not sure will I'll be going anywhere today, maybe later on in the day, if I feel better. That would be all for today. Let me know what you think about this styling. Thank you for reading and have a lovely 1st of May!

Comments

  1. Delizioso questo look e incantevole il posto!
    Buona festa del lavoro tesoro!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. This puffy sleeve dress is so fun! Beautifully accessorized. The river scene is stunning and looks so peaceful. Nature walks are my favorite form of exercise. They really benefit both the mind and body so perfectly. I hope your back feels better today. Happy May Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! The colour is amazing on you!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Loved the look and the amazing area arou the river.

    kisses
    Inventando com a Mamãe / Instagram  / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny you should say that - there are so many tops and dresses with statement sleeves in our charity shops at the moment I'd assumed their moment was over - not that it bothers me, I love my big sleeves.
    Love your pink tunic and those wonderful boots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes it seems to me that there are so many trends nowadays that one can't avoid wearing them even if one's tries.

      Delete
  6. Love statement sleeves and this dress is gorgeous, you look amazing hun!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puff sleeves are such a standout detail. This color and silhouette of this dress is really fun and chic and the way you styled it is really perfect for spring.I especially like the straw hat you stopped it off with and the setting you chose is lovely as well. I hope the rest helps and your back will start to feel better soon. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rowena, I'm happy you like it. Thank you for the get well wishes too.

      Delete
  8. I do love the fun sleeves like this Ivana!! and what a great idea to layer under it so you don't even have to worry about a jacket!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jodie. I'm happy you like it.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful pink gorgeous puffed sleeves!!
    I saw your archive articles at same great location!
    My back has been hernia since I was young, so I know your pain.
    I really wish you get better soon from Tokyo<3

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun statement sleeve dress and I love the pink tee layered under it, great layering! I'm sorry your back is still giving you troubles, I hope you feel better soon!

    Hope that your week is going well, and you enjoy your day off! It's been such a big and busy one here!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. This is really a catchy outfit with catchy colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un vestito molto carino!!
    Baci bella!

    La ilusión de Nina - http://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This colour is fabulous on you and I love all the gold accessories!
    Hope your back is better soon
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous little dress, Ivana! The colour really pops and contrasts beautifully with all the spring greens. And wow, those sleeves! I do love a statement sleeve! Bunica river looks like a truly magical location. I am learning so much about your beautiful country! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hola esta guapisima con ese look un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ja isto obožavam puf rukave i jako mi se sviđa tvoja haljina od kroja, boje do naravno rukava. Slike su ti predivne, priroda je nevjerovatno ljepa.

    Novi post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/05/self-worth_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Puffed sleeves add so much fun and drama to an outfit - as you've shown here! I also love this bold magenta colour on you; it's a colour I've been trying to wearing more often lately as well :) hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm all for anything statement sleeves and that includes puff sleeves. Looks even prettier in pink. That's a great color on you Ivana. I love the addition of the long sleeves underneath as well as the leggings. Gives the look a whole new vibe. How is your week going? Mine has been very busy and I am looking forward to summer vacation already, LOL. Have a great rest of the week.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Idu. I'm happy about the weekend and I've been already thinking about summer vacation.

      Delete
  20. I really like your bold styling my dear, such a beautiful dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pink puffed sleeves and the boots!! So cute and stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the shocking pink! Happy weekend, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that puffed sleeve dress! The color is beautiful and it looks great with the straw hat and boots. Puffed sleeves are a great way of adding some fun to a look. I hope your back feels better and enjoy your weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing photos dear :) I like your hat :)

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sono molto belle le maniche a sbuffo, però io non mi ci vedo purtroppo.
    Il tuo abitino è molto grazioso, mi piace anche il colore.
    Buona domenica.

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's one fab way to style it! Love the boots to dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING IN MOSTAR CITY: A VINTAGE PURPLE BLAZER PAIRED WITH A FLORAL DRESS

SPRING IN SPLIT : 3 OUTFITS, ONE WORN FOR AN ART EXHIBITION

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Let there be colour! (outfit post) / Neka bude boja (odjevna kombinacija)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

VISIT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUNTAIN LAKE BLIDINJE WITH ME!

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

Summertime in Mostar (black and white dress) / Ljeto u Mostaru (crno bijela haljina)