What I'm reading at the moment + What I Wore for IWD (One Skirt, Two Outfits)

Spring is in the air. Well, sort of. It's kind of cold, but we won't let stop us, will we? We can always snuggle with a nice book. Speaking of which, this is the book I'm reading at the moment. All the Kings's Men by Robert Penn Warren. Published in 1964, it is considered a classic. Warren even got a Pulitzer for this novel. So far, this novel didn't disappoint me. It talks about a rise of a politician Willie, but the story itself is told from a perspective of Jack, who works for Willie. The narrative pattern resembles that of The Great Gatsby. I do like the way this book is written. The style of writing makes me think of Faulkner. I haven't finished it yet, so I can't give you a recommendation or anything like that. Are you reading anything at the moment? I have to level with you and say that I haven't done as nearly as much reading this month as I usually do. I could say it is because I had a lot of medical exams, but that would be just an excuse. The truth is that I'm having troubles concentrating on reading, something that doesn't usually happen to me, no matter how hectic things might get.  So, I think my slower reading pace has nothing to do with whatever has been going on in my life. Maybe I'm just going through a reader burnout. I've read so many books in January and February, it's really no wonder. Do you ever get a reader's burnout?


Happy Sunday ( One Skirt, Two Outfits) #modaodaradosti


#reader #book #bookphotography




Hello there! I'm Ivana and I'm a coffeeholic. I'm not so much addicted to caffeine as to coffee as such. I mean I love caffeine (who doesn't) but I can do without it and if I must, I'll drink decaf. I love coffee in all shapes and forms. I love drinking coffee and I like eating sweets and cakes that contain coffee. Sometimes I make cakes with coffee. Having a cup of coffee in my hand and a book by my side is pretty much my idea of happiness. Enough about my coffee addiction. Besides talking about what I'm reading at the moment, I'll also show you two outfits. I wore both of them on the same day, on eight of March. I wore the same skirt with both outfits. This skirt is one of my favourites ones. The combination of wool and silk makes it pretty unique. I don't think I have another skirt in my closet made from the same textile combination. I remember how surprised I was when I had seen the label. Wool and silk together? Interesting combination of textures, wouldn't you say? Speaking of texture, I'm still wearing my faux fur scarves. As long as it continues to be cold, I will continue to rely on them.





#skirt #boots #pointyboots #fashionblog







 #otd #wiw #fashion #fashionblogger





 #otd #wiw #coffee






coat: Tally Weijl, skirt: old, boots: Peko, bag: vintage


 How I celebrated International Women's Day?

I might have mentioned this, but I do love this celebration. It usually puts me in a good mood, and that day was no exception. In reality, it was such a was a lovely day. I went for a cup of coffee with my husband in the morning. I made a lovely home made meal for lunch (lasagne bolognese if I remember well). After that, we went for a little walk in the nature. Later in the day, I prepared a blog post with reading recommendations.  You have already seen the first outfit I wore in this post. This is the second outfit that I have worn on the International Women's Day. I wore this one for a walk in the nature. We encountered a lovely creature on your walk. Yes, we saw a little hedgehog. I love hedgehogs. They are so cute, aren't they? When I was little my father brought us two hedgehogs to keep as pets. They were so sweet! They would let us pet them and everything. It's amazing how affectionate they can be.

puffer jacket: Umbro, skirt: old 


























    PINTEREST








Comments

  1. Absolutely loved reading this <3 haha & Now I've seen that you've just commented on my post as I'm commenting on yours <3 :) I love your braids as well Ivana you look gorgeous!

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.iamserenel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, the flowers and the hedgehog really warm my heart. So lovely <3

    Lilly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piękne zdjęcia ! I ślicznie wyglądasz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual very interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing this post)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt you styled in both outfits looks very pretty. I like the print on the skirt, especially at its hem. I also like the look of the bright red puffer jacket, and of the white wildflower bouquet. Great pics of the hedgehog too!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to read books. I share some books on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that book is really good. I've never read it. It's possible to get burn out from anything if you do it too much. LOL You have so many great hobbies though.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

REPAINTING AND REPAIRING AN OIL ON CANVAS, A PAINTING OF ASSISI ( ITALY)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:A SUMMER DRESS (STAEDTLER PENCIL WATERCOLOURS)

FASHION ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: LBD AND VINTAGE VIBES

CIRCUS THEMED CREATIVE ARTS & CRAFTS ( DIY ) IDEAS FOR BOTH KIDS & ADULTS

HOW TO STYLE A BROWN FAUX LEATHER COAT?

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BLOGGERS ART GALLERY

How To Wear Yellow In Summer? + Mostar's panorama + Goranci restaurant