ART UPDATE: PORTRAIT A GIRL WITH A RED SCARF

 Hello readers and fellow bloggers. How are you doing? Today I'm back with another art update. This time I will share an acrylic painting of a girl with a red scarf. I made this portrait  painting mainly  to practice portrait painting. I used my husband's photograph of myself as a reference but my priority  was not to achieve resemblence but rather to practice depicting skin. All in all, it was a good painting  practice. 







I  didn't feel like following the photograph reference exactly so I changed up some things. The green scarf became a red scarf. Not that I don't like the reference, I might base a portrait painting on it some day. This time I was just using it as general inspiration, though.  Scroll down to see some more artistic portrait paintings I did in the past. 

 I was actually planning on posting this portrait painting as a part of my Friday Fashion Illustration series but I had issues with my connection yesterday so I'm posting it today.  







Thank you for reading and visiting. Have a lovely day. 

Comments

  1. It's a cute painting and the res scarf works well with the blue background! :)

    Hope you are having a good weekend :) We enjoyed the warmer weather at the park yesterday, such a nice day for winter!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusto tu cuadro en especia los ojos transmiten serenidad. El retrato de la princesa tambien me gusto. te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing colors in this one. Very vibrant! Lovely little white dress too..in your first pic! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, the red scarf is perfect against the blue background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm living the vibrant colours you used in this portrait, Ivana, and I think you did a brilliant job with the skin tones! I'm also loving the cute white dress you're wearing combined with those orange heels xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good and I do love a scarf in my hair. And said it before, I just love those orange heels :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing art. Your talent is a gift from God :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that you changed up the scarf for one that would contrast against the background, Ivana. Your proportions on the face are perfect - she looks very even.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ivana, I think your legs must go on forever!!! You are so busy with your painting and art, I wish I could be so prolific and practice more. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).