SEVEN WAYS TO STYLE A BUTTON UP DRESS (SUSTAINABLE FASHION FILES)

Today I'll show you seven ways to style a button up dress. I've had this dress for years and there is a whole story behind it. I bought it on sale quite a few years ago when fashion house Uzor (from Split) was closing down. This beautiful dress caught my eye right away and I loved it even more when the saleslady told me it was one of a kind. Only one such dress was made by Uzor fashion house and as you can imagine I wanted to be the one to own it. Moreover, the salesladies in the shop were in agreement that it looks like it was made for me, so I took their advice and bought it. I was quite fond of this fashion house and very sorry to see them close down their shop. They used to sew for airport Split and they custom made my very first uniform. The first uniform I wore was the one of  a ground personal at airport Split. My first real job after high-school and my first uniform. I didn't get to keep that uniform, I had to return it when I stopped working at airport Split, but I kept all the things I bought from Uzor fashion house over the years.  This dress in particular is one item that I wear all year around and today I'll show you how I style it for both cold and warm weather.  

1. WITH A BASKET BOX BAG, BELTED SCARF AND WHITE MULES 
My first outfit proposal is one that I wore not too long ago. Here you can see how I styled this dress with white mules and a basket box bag. This is actually my sewing box but sometimes I wear it as a basket bag. This dress comes with a matching belt but for this occasion I decided to style it with a yellow green scarf to add a pop of colour to this outfit. How do you like this styling? 
 
The location for these photographs is beautiful Planinica hill located in immediate vicinity of Mostar city. It is literally a five minute drive from Mostar city and the views are nothing short of maginificent. If you're lucky you might even encounter wild animals. I've talked about this place more than once, and do feel free to check out those old posts if you want to know more  about Planinica hill(herehere here and here are some of them). 

2. WITH BLACK PLATFORM MULES, A RED BAG AND A SUMMER HAT 
This is another summer look. If it is still warm where you are at, this might be  a good look for you. This dress is quite classical so I often style it in an elegant way.  I suppose I could say that I like to  let it shine on its own and I try not go overboard with accessories when I wear it. Here I wore it with a simple straw bag, black heels and a red bag. Heeled mules are a great option if you want to keep your outfit feminine but don't want to compromise on comfort.  


 3. WITH A BROWN BLAZER AND A RED TOP FOR AN AUTUMN LOOK 
Since Autumn is just around the corner, I decided to show you this styling. I had to browse my blog for a while until I have finally hunted it down (I wish I knew the value of manually naming my photographs before, it makes searching for certain looks much easier). Anyhow, bellow you can see how I styled this button up dress for autumn. I wore a red top over it and then a brown blazer from fashion house Nebo over it. I finished the look with a pair of printed tights, animal print heels and a black bag. I think this autumn styling is pretty chic, what do you say? 

4.  WITH WEDGES FOR A SIMPLE SUMMER HIKING LOOK
This is an outfit that I wore for my first summer visit to nature park Blidinje. It was a pretty comfortable styling. That is one of the things I like about this dress, it can easily be dressed up and down. Here I dressed it down with a pair of colourful wedge sandals. How do you like this look?

5. WITH A HAT, WEDGES AND A BLACK BAG FOR A CHIC SUMMER LOOK
The outfit you can see bellow is pretty similar to the one I'm wearing above, isn't it? Minus the accessories, it is almost the same styling. I wore the outfit bellow for a visit to island Hvar (Croatia) years ago. It was another very comfortable styling that made me feel very dressed up as well. 

6. LAYERED WITH A SWEATER, A TIE  AND A COAT FOR A WINTER LOOK
 It is actually really easy to layer this dress and take it from summer to autumn. Bellow you can see how I styled it with a sweater, a tie , a pair of heels and a black coat.  The result was an elegant and feminine summer styling. One thing I love about this dress is that it comes with a collar so I can easily wear a tie or a scarf with it. How do you like this winter styling? Do you layer your dresses fro winter? Do you have any dresses you wear all year around? 

7. WITH A BLACK BLAZER, HEELS AND A STATEMENT NECKLACE
 This is another elegant styling. As you can see bellow, here I styled this button up dress with a black blazer, heels and a leopard print bag. I accessorized with a statement necklace. This is another autumn styling, perfect for those days when it's not too cold. Do you agree?
 Let me know how you feel about this post. Did you find it useful? Do you own a similar dress? How do you style your spring/ summer dresses for autumn/winter?  Do you have any tricks to share? As always, thank you for reading, commenting and visiting. 

Comments

  1. It is a beautiful dress on you, so easy to dress up or down! I like with with the scarf as a belt and it layers so well for cooler weather too! Shame the brand has closed down.

    Hope that you have a lovely weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great classic dress - I love all the ways you've style it! Have you ever worn it open, over another outfit? I have a similar denim dress that I wore that way, picture here; https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PyQoc_aqdk0/Wvo0yVQYzHI/AAAAAAAA2ao/lW3VLNbpS4YYc-DZfs0_NHEM3SyMDp1HgCLcBGAs/s640/004.JPG

    have a great weekend, Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been planning to wear it as a vest since forever, but I always forget.

      Delete
    2. that's a great look with the pants you shared there. I think dresses like these make for perfect long vests!

      Delete
  3. I love the shoes! So chic and perfect for any season!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which outfit I like more. You style that dress on amazing ways and every is so chic. Dress is very beautiful, I like that classical shape and color. Thank you so much for sharing.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/09/lebody-form-body-massager_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scarf trick! That dress is very flattering on your figure!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molto bene questo vestito, sei stato fortunata a prenderlo! Devo dire che ti sta a pennello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really made this dress so perfect for any season Ivana. I just love that you wore a scarf as a belt too!!
    And those little videos are so cute. How'd you do that?
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew how. Google made them automatically in google albums.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful Sstyles and great looks :)

    Many greetings Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey dear Ivana, how was your week? I can't thank you enough for your warm welcome on my blog, this kind of motivation is really appreciated :)

    Oooh it is such a shame that small fashion projects have to say goodbye but fortunately you had the chance to grab a beautiful piece from Uzor. I would say it was a good investment tho, after looking all these different examples of outfits, in my opinion we need more posts like this one, where bloggers and content creators share how to style a piece in different ways and have clever shopping decisions :)

    I like that you can use this dress in warmer seasons but also with a coat... My favorite is the one with the straw hat, so stylish and ideal for warm days :)

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pablo. You're very sweet! My week was lovely and today wasn't bad either. I hope you're having a nice day too.

      Delete
  10. Очень красивое платье! Оно так элегантно выгледит! Обожаю такие вещи ))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Dress suits you in every Way, amazing Outfits Ivana!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indossi sempre tutto con stile ed eleganza, ma soprattutto originalità, non sei mai banale!
    Bellissima la prima borsa in paglia!
    ùKisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is such a classic shape and I have to agree with the sales ladies: it really does look like it was made for you. This is the kind of dress that will never go out of fashion, and offers multiple styling opportunities as you are showing here. My favourite must be the first styling, with the scarf worn as a belt, and that divine sewing basket doubling as a handbag. Closely followed by the one worn with the red top and brown blazer. Wishing you a great week ahead, Ivana! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. This brown blazer is another piece that has quite a story to tell.

      Delete
  14. What a cute dress Ivana! You styled the dress so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that it is a One off!!! It's such a beautiful neutral dress, beautifully-shaped so it can be moulded by what you pair it with! Beautiful looks. The one you wore most recently is my favourite but I also love the masculine rendition with the tie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the many ways you styled this dress! And it has such an interesting story behind it. It really does look like it was made for you.

    I definitely like to wear my dresses all year. Some of my favorite ways to layer them is under a cozy sweater, over a long sleeve shirt, with a blazer or a cardigan.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you bought this dress It is so versatile and beautiful All styles are amazing xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/09/stepping-back-in-time-with-kate-kasin.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful dress and I love how you've styled it as well in the many ways, so versatile. I hope you have a great week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kako lepa haljina i divno ti stoji! Sviđa mi se kako si je uklopila na nekoliko načina, posebno kad si vezala maramu umesto kaiša! :D


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quel tipo di abito è un classico che andrà sempre di moda, hai fatto benissimo a prenderlo e poi tenerelo tutto questo tempo!
    Mi piace sempre vedere come riesci a creare look diversi e sempre originali con lo stesso capo base, hai tanta fantasia e sei sempre stilosa ed elegante!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. one dress and so many ways how to use them and create awesome outfits- you did it great job my dear .

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved all the ways you wore the button dress.
    You have shown that it is versatile and can be used on both hot and cold days, in a more informal and elegant way :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the creativity of these styling byt the 7th style has to be my fav!.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in loooove with your combos :D perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing ideas, in particularly, no.3 and no.6!!
    Your layering color items is so perfect!
    I am not good at layering, so this post is so wonderful for me <3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

The heart of a woman (an outfit post and a book recommendation / Srce žene (odjevna objava i preporuka knjige)

PLUS 30 WAYS TO WEAR A BABY BLUE DRESS AND LEOPARD HEELS (OUTFIT POST, MOSTAR)

Sights to see, places to visit / Znamenitosti za vidjeti, mjesta za posjetiti -----Goranci

THE ISLAND OF THE MISSING TREES BY ELIF SHAFAK (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

Fashion Illustration Friday: Inspired by Colours of Autum

Island Hvar inspired this necklace (outfit post)/ Otok Hvar je nadahnuće za ovu ogrlicu (odjevna kombinacija)

The Magic of Nature Park Hutovo Blato: Must See Places in Herzegovina

Not that pink dress again (outfit post) Ne ponovo ta roza haljina ( odjevna objava)

Lake Mostar (revisited) / Mostarsko jezero (ponovni posjet).